May 11, 2022
It's interesting how there are a lot of things from the trailers that are nowhere to be seen here. The time manipulation mechanic, the ability to go through the floors, the cars, Hyrule castle, as well as some of the new enemies like ReDead, the new fat Bokoblin, the Dragon from Zelda 1, etc.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got a good look at everything. Cool, most of these leaks seem relatively harmless to knowing anything important about the game's story.

Jawson

Jan 20, 2022
Surprise Pikmin 4 Spoiler?!

7WnkCW9.jpg

YohraUtopia

Apr 1, 2021
Speculation on dungeons:

The artbook basically confirms that we're getting some BOTW-style shrines. Page 146 shows an altar of a tear. I hope that those will be rewards for bigger dungeons, closer in design to traditional Zelda dungeons. Gotta say I'm losing hope on that front though.

I think you're right although for me, I like that design decision.

Some nice stuff here but dang it does feel like Zelda is going to do basically nothing in this game again :/

I was on team she'll be playable in some form but I'm wavering now as this looks very much like the SS Zelda-is-on-her-own-adventure thing... which isn't terrible story and character wise but obviously playable would be more exciting. But as with most of this thread, this stuff is just suggestive not really definitive or even really spoilers (except for the poster who can read Japanese!)

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Art and ideas look great. Book isn't THAT spoilery though. Just showing off some concepts. Not the key mechanics and locations and story of the game.

dishwashers

Dec 10, 2022
The artbook has me a lot more hype than the trailers did. Why are they leaving these things unannounced for so long?

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Art and ideas look great. Book isn't THAT spoilery though. Just showing off some concepts. Not the key mechanics and locations and story of the game.
I'd say the biggest spoiler is Zonai man's name, but from what we know about the story you probably learn that at the very start of the game.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
idk if this is unfinished or a pre-release edition or something but this book is a major step down from BOTW's, like half as long and nowhere near as detailed. It has pages and pages of lore and history, this is just artwork with some notes scribbled here and there.

idk if this site is much better than google drive for download limits but here's a link to the PDF:

ufile.io

Upload files for free - TOTKArtBook .pdf - ufile.io

Download TOTKArtBook .pdf for free from ufile.io instantly, no signup required and no popup ads

It expires in 30 days

Is this link safe?

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Random thoughts and observations.

Some of the page numbers referenced below may be off by a count of one.
  • I thought page 16 depicts a Lizalfos shield with a very aquatic look, but it's a scale. I see the similarity to the dragon scales from BotW, but it's something else.
  • On dungeons:
    • The camel from the geoglyph page (158) is seen over the walls behind the altar on page 22.
    • 57 looks to be underwater; 96 might show another shot of it. I imagine that'll be breathtaking.
    • Temple/interior on 70 is connected to Death Mountain: note the magma/malice glob in the top right corner and the dark material used for the bridge.
    • The furnace (says Google) on 102 has multiple variants. Google tells me this is the "spore ant" version lol cordyceps here we come
  • Those hearts on 40 are a Stone/etc Talus drop. Gnarly. 74 also shows Link equipping a spine. Yeesh.
  • What the fuck is on 44? Gigantamax Toxtricity? lol
  • The monster ship looks huge. Just imagine running across the coast of Lurelin and then seeing that in the distance! Would've been cool to see that fresh...
  • Lots of creepy underground fauna. Nausicaa vibes. They're really going for it.
  • 124: Zelda gachapon
  • It's interesting that page 147 shows one of those magmata tears from the mural at an altar that resembles the Sheikah observatories and star maps from BotW. It's similarly interesting that the Zonai armor's shield (25) closely resembles the Sheikah shields obtained from Guardian Scouts. Looking forward to seeing how the two groups overlap.
    • Page 148 shows that you bring the Macguffins to one of the towers in the sky.
  • I feel that the multi-eyed creature on the door on pg. 154 resembles the Lord of the Mountain, just like the frog. The key next to the frog is indeed labeled Small Key, btw. I'm gonna guess there's a strong connection between these spectral, Spirit of Light-like creatures and Rauru (I cannot believe that's Rauru).
  • Looks like the Royal Guard DLC outfit on 155.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so relieved that this doesn't really spoil much lol. If anything it's fun to see so much random art!

Great Martinez Jr.

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 2, 2021
Mexico
There is such a wide variety of paraglider cloth designs that it makes you wonder if they have some kind of gameplay purpose.

I honestly wonder the same. All of them could be cosmetic, but there are so many of them you start to wonder.

I'd say the biggest spoiler is Zonai man's name, but from what we know about the story you probably learn that at the very start of the game.

Saw it earlier on the thread and it's one of those things that's mind-blowing yet simultaneously so obvious in hindsight I'm surprised more people didn't consider it (including me).

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Took a peek at a few pages, seems like a lot of cool stuff. I think I'll dip out now though. Unfortunate that this happened so far ahead of release, it's going to be analyzed to death, and a lot of it will be almost unavoidable. Doesn't seem too spoilery, but in the other hand I'm not sure I want to see the entire art book like this.

cheese

(this is so pointless i'm not even spoilering lol)
loadkpifi8ja1.jpg

View: https://youtu.be/5JrBQbNFgFU

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
This is why games need to show things off better. I'm more interested in the game now than after 3 official trailers. Holy crap.

I'm wondering if the game is going to scale back on durability or give you certain weapons that never break but with enhancements that can be made from enemy parts that do. You make your weapons by sticking a monster horn on your spear and when it breaks it just goes back to the base weapon with standard damage. It fits well with all the sticking stuff together they've show so far too.

I think it would be a nice idea instead of putting unbreakable weapons like the master sword on a timer.

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
looked through the images, and I have to say that I am super pumped at the direction the art work is showing- it looks like the game is going to have a lot added to it. Roll on May 12th

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Page 81 looks very much like a boss arena.

There's a weird number of hearts and other organs. Could just be expanded options because Hinoxes already dropped organs.

So much cool mushroom stuff, including lanterns and streetlamps. There's gotta be a town down there.

The two artistic representations (like in carvings and such) of Ganondorf both have him with horns, oddly.

bob1001

▲ Legend ▲
May 7, 2020
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/rZ0ejknNgs5Fd8nhqA0VbxFxmoyjgdQVvXDA5BWRKqE9ND_wx7U3gp3HcLdBfr9lu9LAQNOpYgPM8pZIjUhgihdyjwO_Fnq0LoS4nNvrNmDS8CKp6j-y317noJnCU6bZ1in0s0iXb0HmOjgdX1g5EUA
That's in front of Hyrule castle, eh maybe not there, can't quite pinpoint it. New settlement?

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Some stuff looks like dungeons but who the fuck knows. There's really nothing super spoilery. Just seems like normal stuff that should've already been revealed if Nintendo weren't so stingy. Lol

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
I really dislike Link's design here. They had the perfect Link design in BOTW, idk why they went and made him look all shaggy

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Just realized all those horns on enemies heads likely are used for some type of weapon crafting (with weapons they correspond to below each of them). Probably ending up breaking after a certain amount of hits

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
God, the art direction in these games is second to none. Things to strive for.

Artbook shows the damaged master sword can be restored by parts on the enemies heads.
basically master sword customization is a thing apparently.
Where did you see this? I've been through the whole thing and I saw plenty of weapon customization, but not that.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/rZ0ejknNgs5Fd8nhqA0VbxFxmoyjgdQVvXDA5BWRKqE9ND_wx7U3gp3HcLdBfr9lu9LAQNOpYgPM8pZIjUhgihdyjwO_Fnq0LoS4nNvrNmDS8CKp6j-y317noJnCU6bZ1in0s0iXb0HmOjgdX1g5EUA
That's in front of Hyrule castle, eh maybe not there, can't quite pinpoint it. New settlement?
Could also be the place where Zelda did the ceremony to anoint Link the Champion in the one flashback.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Does Link finally get to clap cheeks in this one? Asking the important questions for those too timid.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
I only saw normal swords with horns and crap on them. I didn't see the Master Sword with it.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really glad we're getting an expansion of the Zonai lore tbh.

I think of wish Nintendo would make Breath of the Wild its own continuity at this point though lol. I'm already wracking my old Zelda theorist head around where ancient Zonai fit into the timeline lmao

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Where did you see this? I've been through the whole thing and I saw plenty of weapon customization, but not that.
I think page 54 for example of the artbook shows an enemy that could possibly reveal this. Each of the weapons have a base that look like a broken sword getting shoved through it that kind of resembles a broken master sword (at least the blade part, not so much the handle/hilt)