• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Now to hope every evolution line can get all it's Evolutions in. We don't want a situation where it's like:

"Hey look, the Ralts line is line.

Oh, but we didn't put in the Dawn Stone, No Gallades for you."

Since they've shown Togekiss I assume Shiny Stone is in meaning I can get Roserade.
This is something I've had on my mind as well. I was fairly confident in it before today, but now all I can do is think of whether they'll ax certain Eevee-lutions. Glaceon and Leafeon (two of my favorites, design-wise) are prime targets for that.

IzzyRX

Powered by Friendship™
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
This is something I've had on my mind as well. I was fairly confident in it before today, but now all I can do is think of whether they'll ax certain Eevee-lutions. Glaceon and Leafeon (two of my favorites, design-wise) are prime targets for that.
The only ones that are safe, are Flareon(Arcanine in the gameplay)Umbreon and Espeon, we already know(per leaks) the game has the happiness system.
Anything else is up in the air.

Man, this is really shitty.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017

The Eeveelutions are probably safe because they sell merchandise. But Probopass and Magnezone? RIP.

greenwell

Jan 12, 2018
I feel like Game Freak will do nothing about this and just ignore everyone. I wonder if later Switch games will lock out Pokemon too.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Wonder how they're going to decide which ones get axed and which ones don't. Like are they gonna go back through their list of the 809 and go "yes this was bad" and then cut that design out?

And is Pokemon Home going to have any other functionality to it aside from being a Bank clone?

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
'This Pokémon has a move that is not supported in Pokémon Sword/Shield, please select another Pokémon.'
This is especially screwed up when you consider that, since Home is one-way with every game but Sword-Shield, those Galar Dex-eligible Pokemon would be caught in limbo as well because they can't be sent back to the Move Deleter.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Wonder how they're going to decide which ones get axed and which ones don't. Like are they gonna go back through their list of the 809 and go "yes this was bad" and then cut that design out?

And is Pokemon Home going to have any other functionality to it aside from being a Bank clone?

Let me give you a hint. A certain 150 models are already nice and polished from a certain other switch game

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Probably by typing, a bit of bias towards the Pokémon and whether that Pokemon fits the regions.

At the moment we don't know but it's not looking good as at the moment only Sword and Shield allows Pokémon in and out and given that not all Pokémon will be in the Galar Pokédex. Well you might want to think twice about transferring the Pokémon over.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
This is especially screwed up when you consider that, since Home is one-way with every game but Sword-Shield, those Galar Dex-eligible Pokemon would be caught in limbo as well because they can't be sent back to the Move Deleter.
I also fully expect them to kill Bank in 2020, forcing people to buy a Home sub before Bank dies and permanently remove all of their Pokemon from their 3DS games with no guarantee that they'll ever be usable again, making Home even shittier.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Unlike Anthem, which at least had something that sort of resembled a good core idea to it, Let's Go was basically just a worse remake of a game that Game Freak already remade better over a decade prior. The fact that somehow managed to get greenlit with Game Freak already spread so thin is highly suspect.

I don't think its that suspect if they thought it would bring over pokemon go players to the switch. It was a risk they took, and we can disagree on whether the risk was worth it or not, but it was bold and successful to a point (10 million copies in two months? or something like that?)

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any press coverage about the backlash? I know it's busy right now, but I haven't really seen anything on that front.

IzzyRX

Powered by Friendship™
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I think that they will block you from sending 'forbbiden' Pokémon to Home, avoiding this situation.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think they care about fixing it. Their logic is that people will buy more Pokémon games (Sinnoh remakes, etc) to play as their favorites. It's the pay wall of their dreams.

Yeah and they can go eat a bag of dicks, I'll gladly write off this series!

Don't joke about these things.

If we're talking for similarities they would be removing Hylians and/or Gerudos for the controversies, Gorons be safe bro!

It totally sucks, but it's a semi-reasonable technical limitation for what may be the largest and most significant jump in the franchise, and certainly not enough to dissuade me from buying.

Also, potentially something they can remedy via (free or otherwise) DLC as development continues - another advantage of moving this game to Switch over from portable platforms.

It's a HUGE bummer, but as if it's going to prevent me from playing the newest Pokemon game, and it's not like I personally have caught 'em all and they're sitting in the Bank either. I wonder if Lets Go compatibility with the new Bank has anything to do with it, and they don't want an influx of Gen 1 stuff in there for people who've bought Lets Go. Might not make a whole lot of sense, but who knows.

Question, are you a game developer or programmer?

They can't ignore this much backlash, can they?

You'd think not, but it's GF we're talking about here.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I also fully expect them to kill Bank in 2020, forcing people to buy a Home sub and permanently remove all of their Pokemon from their 3DS games with no guarantee that they'll ever be usable again, making Home even shittier.
We're on a roll right now-- this is my greatest fear of all. This would be just the scummiest business practice and I'm half expecting it at this point. That would be a straight-up hostage situation.

"Oh, you seem to have a strong connection to all of those Pokemon you've collected. It sure would be a shame if you could... never see them again. Will we ever let that happen? Only one way to find out!"

Even if it's not always my favorite, Pokemon has definitely been the most important/influential media property in my life. I taught myself how to read so that I could play Pokemon. I've been doing this song and dance for over 20 years. I would quit the series if they pulled this shit.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
hey can you render and animate nearly one thousand little creatures and do all the sounds for them and stuff. sure boss we'll get right on that game will be ready in uhhhhhhhhh

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Probably by typing, a bit of bias towards the Pokémon and whether that Pokemon fits the regions.

At the moment we don't know but it's not looking good as at the moment only Sword and Shield allows Pokémon in and out and given that not all Pokémon will be in the Galar Pokédex. Well you might want to think twice about transferring the Pokémon over.

I figured. Shit i was even hesitant on moving my OG Gengar over to Sun/Moon because he loses Levitate in those games (still have Levitate Gengar safely stored up in Bank). Now I'm even more hesitant on moving Pokemon to Home because I don't know when/if I'll ever be able to use them

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Question, are you a game developer or programmer?
I'm not. Although, in retrospect it's probably more of a workload than a technical limitation, especially if the leaks are true and even the included pokemon may have up to two additional versions to program in as well.

Gigamax and region-specific versions

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not. Although, in retrospect it's probably more of a workload than a technical limitation, especially if the leaks are true and even the included pokemon may have up to two additional versions to program in as well.

Gigamax and region-specific versions

Don't worry, it was an honest question you're good and you're right it would be more of a workload problem. The issue that doesn't make any sense is this workload should of been mostly done, but GF's gonna GF.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I looked at the comments on Pokejungle's #BringBackNationalDex tweet and holy shit there are a lot of people defending Game Freak's bullshit.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
So in light of this news (assuming Home carries on the Bank tradition of deleting all your Pokemon if your subscription lapses) uploading your mons to Home is literally just signing up to pay the subscription indefinitely until they put out a game where you can actually put all your legacy Pokemon, under threat of THEM ALL GETTING ERASED? AND there is no way to put them back?

Just so I know I'm understanding this right. Almost impressed by Game Freak/Pokemon Company's audacity with this.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
hey can you render and animate nearly one thousand little creatures and do all the sounds for them and stuff. sure boss we'll get right on that game will be ready in uhhhhhhhhh

The renders and animations are done and future proofed since XY.

We have even seen walking animations for all Pokemon that have never been used

Try again bub.

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
1- they have almost infinite budget, their franchise is one of the most lucrative in the whole world, they have the money to hire more people.
2 - they're getting paid for this, it's the bare minimum one would expect from a Pokemon game.
3 - all previous models are already made since XY, they're reusing it everywhere, from ORAS, tô Let's go and SS.
There's literally no excuse for this.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm seeing a lot of "I don't care about all of the Pokemon so I'm fine with this," but I don't think those posters understand the context in which this is happening.

You can't transfer from Pokemon Home to Ultra Sun and Moon or GO or Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee, so your Pokemon are effectively trapped. It's not a Home, it's a Graveyard.

D80H0KCXsAEPHaR.jpg:large

Nov 1, 2017
Maybe there should be a threadmark about how (future-proofed) models and animations already exist for most of the Pokemon since Sun and Moon. Getting tired of reading the same posts over and over...

...aww who am I kidding, people are proud of their ignorance and will ignore it anyways :(

Status
Not open for further replies.