Status
Not open for further replies.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
I think some people are confused about the difference between all pokemon being available in the game and all pokemon being transferable to the game. Im sure the Galar dex will have a ton of good variety to it. No pokemon game (at least recently) has all of them available to catch. You can still trade ALL of them over though. This will be the first game other than lets go that straight up doesn't even have the coding for all of them in the data.

The models all exist. Any reasoning behind this just reeks of corporate meddling

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
You got to draw the line at some point. In 10 years you can't have games with 2000 Pokemon. How can you design and animate that many? It's a lot easier with sprites, but people wanted the big 3D adventure so this is what you get. It absolutely sucks and kind of ruins the spirit of Pokemon but I don't know what else they could have done.
They literally have models of every single Pokemon up until Melton. What even are these posts

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
They made clear why this decision was made and i understand it. Theres no other way unless you want the game delayed. This is not comparable with the Mario Maker 2 multiplayer issue and doesn't matter how much you moan about it you won't change anyting.

Theres a lot of people including me that doesn't care about Pokemon transfer.
It takes... I don't know what it does, but to say something like this the very same day Nintendo announced they're backtracking on their stupid decision from Mario Maker 2. Wow.
And yeah I know you said both situations aren't the same, well of fucking course they're not, but it shows Nintendo is willing to listen.
This is completely validating my opinion that Let's Go was an utterly pointless game that's detrimental to the franchise merely by existing. I just didn't that that would happen this soon or be quite this extreme.
Fucking lol at blaming this on Let's Go. Some people's hate boner for that game knows no limits, huh? This is all on Game Freak, all on them.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
By this fall, they will have released a game every year for the past four years: 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. They seem to be a small studio and this must have been a tough decision for them. Maybe they have plans to get all pokemon into a switch game in the future.

Anyone know if they have multiple teams working on different games? If so, maybe its that next game (with a 2 year cycle) that will put it all together?

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy.
"Game Freak future proofed their games by making ridiculously high poly models for all their mons, and also that's why the FPS is bad in battles" is something I've seen dozens of times.

And now we're dipping back into "There's no way game freak would make all these models". Did people forget?.

They didn't forget. They just make up new excuses every time Game Freak reveals their limitations.

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You got to draw the line at some point. In 10 years you can't have games with 2000 Pokemon. How can you design and animate that many? It's a lot easier with sprites, but people wanted the big 3D adventure so this is what you get. It absolutely sucks and kind of ruins the spirit of Pokemon but I don't know what else they could have done.
The models are done. They are already HD assets. This just didn't come out of nowhere. They were prepared and chose not to do this. They need to delay it and fix it.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ripped from the 3ds games, that actually were very high detailed for future proofing, which makes this even more ironic considering that it means the hi-poly models for ALL the old pokemons are already made

That's what I don't get. They already have all of the models, it doesn't even make sense then if they aren't remaking them anyway.

konoka

Dec 20, 2017
Standard Pokemon and Premium Pokemon like Gran Turismo.
I believe some fans love this idea.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Why can't you have 2000 pokemon?

They port them forward. The models are already done.

Inukage

Oct 25, 2017
Down Under
As long as I can catch or transfer this bad boy I'll be ok.
d717i0f-95dca31c-0a4c-43bf-b5d2-b7ba18be1b76.png

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's the biggest crux here. To pay an actual real-world fee to store your Pokemon in the cloud with the expectation to transfer them to a new game, only to discover you can't and you have to just... pay for them to sit there until they make that happen, possibly in a future game, a future game that ALSO may not be compatible with your collection.

The game itself may be good, but this is a tipping point for millions of players who have invested over a decade into their collections. They definitely need to make compatibility with player history - especially if they are PAYING for it already - a major priority.

100% agree with this. I'm actually ok with the decision but the notion that they would be asking for you to use a paid transfer service only to have no use for a majority of the potential pokemon you can upload with no future mention of what you will be able to use them for is terrible.

If game freak legit feels this will make the game better than im willing to see what they come up with, but for a company that has done a good job of trying to help people's expectations (announcing a mainline title when they announced lets go, announcing the SwSh same time as the pokemon company press conference) not addressing this seems huge.

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
I can't believe I'm seeing people defending this.
Game freak is not untouchable, they make mistakes and this is a mistake.
Yes, it doesn't affect me but I find it unacceptable.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Poké Home being dubbed "Poké Prison" seems to be growing like wildfire on the web.

Imagine sending over your team of favourite mons, only to learn they've been turned into bricks lol.

Some neglected Pokémon, like Luxray, are probably SOL until Sinnoh remakes come out.

And RIP to any underutilized Pokémon after Gen 4. You'll be waiting for Unova and Kalos remakes in a decade.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Well, I hope by November I'll have ran out of tears to cry.

What a way to ruin an, otherwise, amazing videogame (and potentially future games).

Even if they're not in the main games, at least keep giving me those posters with the strategy guides that include every single Pokémon.

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Imagine sending over your team of favourite mons, only to learn they've been turned into bricks lol.

Some neglected Pokémon, like Luxray, are probably SOL until Sinnoh remakes come out.

And RIP to any underutilized Pokémon after Gen 4. You'll be waiting for Unova and Kalos remakes in a decade.
The remakes are probably the reason they're locking some Pokemon out of this. So you'll have to buy the remakes if you want to catch em all. Not cool at all.

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I hope by November I'll have ran out of tears to cry.

What a way to ruin an, otherwise, amazing videogame (and potentially future games).

Even if they're not in the main games, at least keep giving me those posters with the strategy guides that include every single Pokémon.

We're sorry to inform you but we ran out of space on the paper and can only give you Pokémon selected by our team of professionals.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
dims

This needs restating

If you transfer from any 3ds title, Lets Go, Go or Bank you will have unusable pokémon locked in Poké Prison until a national Dex is added to Sword and Shield or future titles decide to let you have a different 70 legacy pokemon.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
does Gen VIII used physically based rendering? I'm wondering if the issue is less the models and animations and more the textures, which seem to have been touched up based on how the issues with desaturated colors seem to be addressed

brainchild

Status
Not open for further replies.