Commodore64

Oct 25, 2017
I remember getting amnesia for free and having a few random people watch me play and comment on how spooky the game was. The one good thing about onlive's lack of success was that the community wasn't big enough to become a cesspool.

Florin4k4

Banned
Mar 18, 2019
How much money did they sink into this? 7 years of r&d can't be cheap. Did we ever get any info on that?

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I still have a MicroConsole. It was my main "console" for about 6 months and it worked pretty well for me. I got used to the input lag and the games still looked good imo.

I still kinda miss OnLive :'(

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
I got a free controller / box at PAX a while back, and ended up playing a couple hours of Onlive shortly after. It was never smooth enough for me, and I agree they were way ahead on things.

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I pre ordered arkham city on OnLive cuz it was only 5 dollars, first time I played the game and it ran fine. Actually all the games ran fine on my connection tbh.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
I still use my OnLive Controller. I remember getting a BUNCH of free games with my MicroConsole too. Good times - way ahead of its time, though.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Gametap was a little wonky, but it worked. The games got installed on your machine. I won a high score contest with them for the game H.E.R.O. by Activision for Atari 2600 and they sent me the shirt and a water bottle that I won. They were pretty decent.