• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
nQpBmFPl.jpg

Battery life was pretty great. screen on time 5.5 hours.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 6T really shines during daytime portraits, when there's lots of light pumping through. The only thing I haven't been wowed by is its ultra-low-light performance, but then again it's not a DSLR. In any case, infinitely better than my Nex6.
Tried the modded google camera?

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Just ordered the 6T and the Nylon case. Thanks for the referral page, whoever posted it.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Monday delivery, can't wait to test out that battery.

Creamie

Avenger
Nov 14, 2017
I tried the modified gcam, but it it doesn't take pictures since I get a notification that it is processing hdr

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Saw the phone at the T Mobile store and got to play with it for a few minutes. Bit the bullet and ordered the midnight black 8/128 with the USB bullets and a nylon case for 600 with standard shipping.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone try a tempered glass screen protector? My finger keeps sticking to the plastic one that comes installed.

Oct 27, 2017
If I were to buy this phone with the intention of using T-Mobile's network is there any reason to lean towards buying directly from Oneplus or T-Mobile if I'm not interested any financing, special offers, and whatnot? For example, would wifi calling be an issue if I don't buy it from T-Mobile?

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I were to buy this phone with the intention of using T-Mobile's network is there any reason to lean towards buying directly from Oneplus or T-Mobile if I'm not interested any financing, special offers, and whatnot? For example, would wifi calling be an issue if I don't buy it from T-Mobile?
Nope, wifi calling works on both and the unlocked version has all the lte bands.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I would get the OnePlus version as I bet that the gimped T Mobile variant will not hold resale value very well compared to the unlocked version.

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, wifi calling works on both and the unlocked version has all the lte bands.

I would get the OnePlus version as I bet that the gimped T Mobile variant will not hold resale value very well compared to the unlocked version.

Alright, thanks for the help folks. Haven't bought a new phone in nearly 3 years so I've been a bit lost trying to do research and figuring out details and whatnot.

Oct 27, 2017
If you care about getting updates from OnePlus including getting into the beta update program, don't get the Tmobile version. Even if you unlock the phone, the T-Mobile version won't support that. To me it's a pretty big deal. The T-mobile version isn't even running the latest version of their OS and nobody knows when it will be released.

I'd buy the phone directly from OnePlus.

Myself, I just put my SIM back into my 6 and I'm gonna return the 6t this week. I may wait until they announce some new colors and rethink opting for it....or just wait for the 7.

cirus

Jun 22, 2018
California

If you're not taking advantage of the trade-in deal, there's not really any reason to go with the T-Mobile version. I've read some rumors about it potentially being better on the network, but I don't think that's confirmed. As others have said, you won't be getting updates as quickly either and there's no dual SIM capability.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're not taking advantage of the trade-in deal, there's not really any reason to go with the T-Mobile version. I've read some rumors about it potentially being better on the network, but I don't think that's confirmed. As others have said, you won't be getting updates as quickly either and there's no dual SIM capability.
Being better for the network is just marketing speak. Both support all bands including the new 600mhz band. When you pop in your T-Mobile sim to the unlocked one it puts all the T-Mobile settings on the phone.

cirus

Jun 22, 2018
California
Being better for the network is just marketing speak. Both support all bands including the new 600mhz band. When you pop in your T-Mobile sim to the unlocked one it puts all the T-Mobile settings on the phone.

Yeah, makes sense. I remember reading something about roaming working better with the TMo variant but I'm really no expert on this stuff!

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
If you care about getting updates from OnePlus including getting into the beta update program, don't get the Tmobile version. Even if you unlock the phone, the T-Mobile version won't support that. To me it's a pretty big deal. The T-mobile version isn't even running the latest version of their OS and nobody knows when it will be released.

I'd buy the phone directly from OnePlus.

Myself, I just put my SIM back into my 6 and I'm gonna return the 6t this week. I may wait until they announce some new colors and rethink opting for it....or just wait for the 7.
Wait seriously? Even once we pay off the whole thing and unlock it we can't use the updates directly from Oneplus?!?!

Jun 18, 2018
My OP1 died at the weekend, but I can't afford a 6T at the moment, despite how awesome it is.

I shall pick up a stop gap and look to return to the OP train in a couple of years, when we're all migrating over to 5G.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
My OP1 died at the weekend, but I can't afford a 6T at the moment, despite how awesome it is.

I shall pick up a stop gap and look to return to the OP train in a couple of years, when we're all migrating over to 5G.
How dead?
I traded my oneplus one at tmobile for 300 in credit towards the 6t. You have to break payments up (turns out to be 11 bucks per month for two years), but no interest.

Jun 18, 2018
How dead?
I traded my oneplus one at tmobile for 300 in credit towards the 6t. You have to break payments up (turns out to be 11 bucks per month for two years), but no interest.

Wow, that's a bloody good price! I'm in the UK, so will check other carriers.

I bricked it whilst trying to replace CMOD with a OP1 build of Android P. TWRP installed incorrectly, kicked out numerous errors and won't let anything be sideloaded whilst in ADB.

A colleague has pointed out a way to flash CMOD back onto the OP1, which I'll try tonight (fingers crossed).

Chinner

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon UK saying its gonna be delivered on 7th November. Anyone know if any pre-orders where you can pick up from store?

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
So they say the phone will work on Verizon's network but only LTE and not CDMA. Will this really have that much of an impact on service? I mean, what' the difference? Is CDMA just the 3g network? If that's the case, it's no big deal since I live in a metro area with LTE everywhere. My only concern would be in rural areas, I guess.

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone comment on the speaker on this phone. I currently have a Moto Z Play and I watch a lot of YouTube and Netflix in it, the speaker on the phone is great, not tinny and loud.

From the comments I've read of the previous phone, the speaker was terrible. Can anyone with Moto Z Play and this phone please provide a comparison of the speaker.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone comment on the speaker on this phone. I currently have a Moto Z Play and I watch a lot of YouTube and Netflix in it, the speaker on the phone is great, not tinny and loud.

From the comments I've read of the previous phone, the speaker was terrible. Can anyone with Moto Z Play and this phone please provide a comparison of the speaker.
I came from a iphone 6s plus so it's a pretty old phone but the 6t speaker sounds better and louder than my old iphone at least.

Despite having two speaker openings sound only comes out from the left one though.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I came from a iphone 6s plus so it's a pretty old phone but the 6t speaker sounds better and louder than my old iphone at least.

Despite having two speaker openings sound only comes out from the left one though.
Jom I'm glad you joined the Android side, life's a lot better over here :)

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Amazon UK saying its gonna be delivered on 7th November. Anyone know if any pre-orders where you can pick up from store?

It's weird, delivering it to the Amazon Locker down the road (much more convenient for me as it's on the way home from work) adds an extra day onto the delivery timescale, as it doesn't allow for the expedited option - I have no idea why this is.

I was hoping Carphone Warehouse would have them SIM free in-store, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Chinner

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up my 6t from John Lewis (bumped into someone who was doing the same). Just have to wait to get him from work!

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I work for FedEx... Every single phone shipped from OnePlus has been shipped via FedEx.

Mine was sent via DHL. :(

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Ordered from OnePlus just for the £20 discount on the accessories, ended up being the best deal as I need a case and USB-C earbuds. Unfortunately means waiting for OnePlus to ship it out which might take a while :(