• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
nice got one taker

I'll try and book mark this post as a stamp just to see who was right and who was wrong

Team Wano Act 2
Cantaim
Lotus
gundamkyoukai
Stunner911
Abu
All Fiction
NSESN
Imperial Bishop
AgentLampshade
Shiba
TheBlackNamekian
Tornak
ByDos
cpcz
Ogodei
ShadowG

Team Reverie
Silfer
Brock Reiher
Blackleg-sanji1
DriftingSpirit
TheGreatDirector
Brazil
edo_kid
Unlocked John
TheRealTalker
Maktokious
Gasmo
Marmoka

Team none of the above
louisacommie (Ryuma flashback)
MANUELF (Cut away back to Totland)
Seems like the chapter is out so here is the final tally on who picked what side. Regardless of who won or lost I'd like to thank everyone who participated in the stakes free bet! The trash talk between teams helped ease the wait for this next chapter for me lol.

Here's to the next One Piece OT bet!
Before I forget if for some reason you are reading this thread without having read the latest chapter. It seems like the post right below this one has the answer. So if you don't want to be spoiled be sure to stop now and go read the chapter.

Last edited:

Magneton

Banned
Jul 31, 2018
Based on the quick scene we got this chapter, it looks like Catarina Devon's Devil Fruit is the strictly better version of Mr. 2's Mane Mane no Mi.

Why Oda got to do my man Bentham like that? #BonClayAllDayEverday

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
I feel bad for Moria, keeps having his crew killed by better pirates, also note to self, never join up with Moria.

Though fuck Lion man.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I almost feel bad for Moriah at this point. He looked so happy to see Absalom.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
This is the first appearance of Blackbeard post timeskip, right?

Saw someone point it out, but that's damn good, Oda.

YMDe3Gw.png

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Great chapter.

Man, that Blackbeard bounty. I really wanna know what Whitebeard's was

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Man the chapters was so good.
Oda has been one a role and the breaks going to kill me .

EDIT don't feel bad revivre group you till get some info from it even if you lost lol.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Nice chapter was curious if Oda was gonna go right back into it and show Luffy and Kid again but it seems like he held back a bit so he could show off Blackbeard and Kaidos crew. Honestly I'm surprised that we got the snap back to Wano this chapter based on how the chapter began. Curious if he will take it slow and build up more momentum for act 2.

Sibersk Esto

Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact!

The island that Blackbeard is at right now was mentioned by Nico Robin in chapter 306, as a paradise for pirates and birthplace of the Davy Back Fight.

Oct 28, 2017
It´s interesting tome that many times in one piece what happens off screen is much more interesting and important than what is happening on screen which is unfortunate.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I figured whatever was going on with the reverie would be filled with other characters talking about it. It's kind of weird though, I wonder if the Reverie was intended to go on for longer.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
- I really like this cover page, Perona's outfit in it is actually really good. Lmao at her bickering with Mihawk, this unlikely pairing is truly one of the best things Oda's ever done. Which is why I'm deeply upset that she's now leaving. Thought that'd be a permanent thing tbh, but I guess I underestimated her affection for Moriah. I do like that Mihawk, in his own way, did warm up to her over time.

- And yea, Mihawk is clearly referring to the proposal of the Warlord system being abolished.

- Moria's bounty remaining the same makes sense since most people believed he was dead all this time. (How did he get Thriller Bark into the New World?)

- I like that Moria felt briefly guilty over hurting people, as well as him being genuinely happy to see Absalom.

- And bam, the epic reveal that not only was Absalom killed for his DF (Good riddens), Devon of all people has a Mythical Zoan fruit! And what a fruit it is. Would assume she can basically do whatver Bentham can, on top of well, whatever the fuck a Kyubbi can do in this manga lmfao

- Shiyru getting the fruit is hilarious, namely because I just enjoy that the theory people were starting to take as a given (that Shiyru would get the Diamond DF) is casually destroyed like it's nothing.

- Blackbeard's laughs being able to cause earthquakes is so perfect, I love it. Also what a bounty. And since he hasn't been a bounty for that long, the other Yonkos may have an even higher one.

- The idea of Moria joining Blackbeard would be amazing. Honestly, it would make a lot of sense if he's still thinking about taking revenge on Kaido. If Oda goes through with that, it ends up being a clever way of tying both Blackbeard and Moria to the Wano arc. Though the idea of Moria joining someone who recently casually killed his crew member is... Yikes. Then again, maybe they'll give him no choice.

- Reverie fight was off-screened, RIP. I didn't want Team Wano to win like this lol. Well, on the bright side, at least this chapter will remind people that Ch. 904 was not even remotely a proper gauge of how strong the Revo Commanders were.

- At long last, King and Queen. Did not expect for Jack to get talked down to like that, much less be so in meek in response. Wano Jack just really needs a hug.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Reverie fight was off-screened, RIP. I didn't want Team Wano to win like this lol. Well, on the bright side, at least this chapter will remind people that Ch. 904 was not even remotely a proper gauge of how strong the Revo Commanders were.

I knew it was always going to be that way we will get the info from the newspapers or flashbacks .
The chapters before reverie were always for characters intros , info , set ups etc etc
People really thought Oda would give so much info away at one time lol.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This chapter has so much content, jeez

Almost didn't notice, but King is highly implying that Queen is in charge of breaking Luffy and Kid's spirits. Which in turn could mean that Queen rules the Udon region.

And I wonder who is the expected replacement for Doflamingo? Did not expect that tbh

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like the guy with the wings design

I'm more happy that I fucks with Queen's design. When I saw the silhouette and how they clearly looked bald, I started to worry that it wouldn't make for a good first impression. But he looks pretty badass, especially with the mecha arm and having braided hair down his back lol

Mar 21, 2018
Holy fucking Christ, what a chapter. One of the best I've read for amazing reveals. When I saw Blackbeard's bounty I literally said "holy fuck" outloud.

So....King... Anyone notice the giant fucking sword he has? Raises the liklihood that Zorro fights King, which (hopefully) means Sanji fights Queen. If Queen is an okama like some predicted it would be a nice call-back to the Sanji Vs Mr. 2 fight.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
-Kizaru is Yonko level, fight me!
-Still waiting for the full and proper reveal of Admiral Ryokugyu and his abilities
-Even Blackbeard refers to Kaido as "that monster" lmao
-How many acts for the Wano arc?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If Queen is an okama like some predicted it would be a nice call-back to the Sanji Vs Mr. 2 fight.

He doesn't look like one. Well, there is his name, and I guess he's wearing lipstick, but I dunno, usually Oda is a loooooot more obvious with stuff like that. Just look at the most recent one, Morley. His dialogue doesn't really point in that direction either.

Really the only thing pushing me towards Sanji and Zoro fighting them is that they bicker the exact same way lmao

Sibersk Esto

Oct 25, 2017
This chapter has so much content, jeez

Almost didn't notice, but King is highly implying that Queen is in charge of breaking Luffy and Kid's spirits. Which in turn could mean that Queen rules the Udon region.

And I wonder who is the expected replacement for Doflamingo? Did not expect that tbh
I feel like Buggy would be a fun answer here

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, I so I guess the YouTube thumbnail I saw was wrong! Yay, no spoilers!

Fuck, lost the bet though. I was sure Reverie was gonna show up. Still it was interesting how some things were filled in.

Looks like Perona is going to look for Moriah which is nice given how little crew he seems to have. Mihawk's words however, seem to allude to Warlord's positions being threatened, however. This probably means their territories are fucked which may allude to Hancock and the Amazons coming under attack. Buggy too, which sucks for him considering his business.

The Beehive is fucking awesome. This is exactly what I wanted Blackbeard's whole lifestyle and island to be like, pure classic pirate. We get some ability reveals for Catarina Devon, who has a nice redesign and strange zoan, and Shiryu who has Absalom's seemingly due to his death. I feel bad for Moriah like others so hopefully he is safe by the end of all this.

Holy shit at that Blackbeard reveal though! That's how you do an epic redesign. Everything from the classic coat to the beard itself is phenomenal! Plus the bounty! We finally got a bounty for an Emperor!

Still what he says nearly overshadows it all. Apparently the Revolutionaries clashed with the Admirals. We have no idea who won or not, but word is also traveling that Wano is about to become a battleground. It's honestly very interesting that Blackbeard seems to be intentionally sitting out of these conflicts but then again, so do the Red Hair pirates.

So yeah, Wano Act Two...

I'm not bothered by it at all but rather more intrigued. Tama is okay, as expected but it's interesting that we only saw Chopper there. Raizo is apparently leading a prison break mission which leads me to believe the crew split again. Hitetsu is there too, which leads me to believe he might not be one of the known samurai given no one seemingly recognized him.

Asura and Inurashi are essentially equal which is expected given they've both matched Jack. What's more, Ashura swore loyalty solely to Lord Oden, which means he's unlikely to help Momonosuke unless he or another person in the alliance proves there worth. Kinemon seems persistent but Ashura seems to remind them a of the 'Blank' 20 year period they left.

Finally we get a reveal of King and Queen and honestly, it's completely different from my imagination. King feels like some BDSM loving dude and Queen is something else entirely. What's more important is that they're all brothers! Now Jack calls them older brothers but could it be possible that they're triplets? We already know of 3 close powerful brothers in Katakuri, Oven, and Daifuku who are triplets themselves. Could it really be a coincidence?

King also means the next place for them to make a pact with after Dressrosa. Honestly, this intrigues me a lot and might go under a lot of people's radar. There's not a lot of locations one can think of who'd fit the bill. The only country I can somewhat imagine would be Elbaf.

All in all, there's a LOT to unpack in this chapter. Sucks to be losing a bet but with a chapter like this, it's hard to complain.

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
I still wish if I never read a spoiler for this particular chapter.

That said, holy fuuuuuck. The panel with Moria coming to the realization of what happened to Absalom kinda hit hard. Even though in a post Marineford world, you know Oda wasn't the "no one dies in One Piece" meme that became so prominent at that point, the means with which this one is brought forward feels really really dark. Also, extra large shout outs to Moria rollin' up for the homie. For all his shit talking during Thriller Bark, he a loyal one. Mihawk's reaction definitely suggests that Warlord system is extra fucked. Blackbeard appearance and seeing more of his main crew doing things is fucking rad as shit, DAT BOUNTY. Makes a very clear case that 1 bill+ bounties is truly elite tier seeing his (aka, foh with the Luffy slander, he just a youngin and that's all). This arc has also truly been blessing Zoans. Mythical Zoan: 9 Tailed Fox model? Niiiiiice. There's also so much fucking setup for some massive fights between Revs vs. Admirals @ Reverie, and now Beast Pirates + Big Mom Pirates wombo combo vs Straw Hat Pirates and the Ninja-Samurai-Mink-Pirate Alliance?

Wano is fucking INSANE.

Then we get back to Wano Country Zone Act 2 and immediately we have the newly outed Ashura fighting Inurashi evenly? Minks are fucking slept on goddamn.

Healthy Tama!!

Finally, the other calamities. Boy this is such a fun chapter to restart on.

I love One Piece.

Oct 27, 2017
This chapter was crazy I don't feel bad that Absalom is dead but I do feel bad that Gecko lost a crew member since he legitimately cares and even showed remorse when he thought he hurt people for no reason.

Blackbeard looks so fuckin cool and that bounty whew. So Revs and Marines clashed, I do wonder if the fight is already settled or if its still in progress I hope Sabo and Ivankov are okay

Act 2 of Wano begins! I'm so hyped

The other Calamities seem scary as fuck especially Gimp the Wildfire...I mean King...

Sad that the chapters already over but no break this time right?

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
Namekian reminds me, yeah Moria was actually super weirdly/dorkily like "aw shit, my bad" when he thought he slapped around the party island folks for no reason in the brief moment when he thought Absalom was fine. That's so weirdly endearing to me haha.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
-How many acts for the Wano arc?

Well, if there was any doubt, this chapter reinforces the theory that we're following a Jo-ha-kyū structure, since the mystery woman said "Ha". Meaning it should be 5 acts in total.

I feel like Buggy would be a fun answer here

Lol omg, I would love this.

Looks like Perona is going to look for Moriah which is nice given how little crew he seems to have.

I wonder how she plans on getting there/finding him. She can't have his Vivre Card, otherwise she'd know he was alive all this time.

What if she's Hiyori /s

I feel bad for Moriah like others so hopefully he is safe by the end of all this.

Yea, while I feel nothing for Absalom, I'm surprisingly empathetic towards Moriah. Then again, his whole thing is being broken by the loss of his original crew.

It's honestly very interesting that Blackbeard seems to be intentionally sitting out of these conflicts

Or is he...

Hitetsu is there too, which leads me to believe he might not be one of the known samurai given no one seemingly recognized him.

To be fair, the people affiliated with Oden are in a different location, so for all we know they may not have met. But yes, it does decrease the odds somewhat.

Kinemon seems persistent but Ashura seems to remind them a of the 'Blank' 20 year period they left.

I do enjoy the possibility of the people of Wano not neatly welcoming the samurai back. 20 years really is a long time.

they're all brothers!

Well, they don't have to be blood-related.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the means with which this one is brought forward feels really really dark.

It's really fucked up that they kept the corpse.

This arc has also truly been blessing Zoans. Mythical Zoan: 9 Tailed Fox model? Niiiiiice.

Cantaim eating his words this arc

Minks are fucking slept on goddamn.

Are they since Ch. 888 (Sulong) was a thing? If we're being real here, Inuarashi and Nekomamushi are likely easily the strongest of Oden's retainers when the full moon is up.

Jack calling them "brothers" is likely an "aniki" type deal instead of biological brothers

This.

Sibersk Esto

Oct 25, 2017
Not found out by me but a fun little detail is Blackbeard wearing flower frills on his pants, which Luffy hates.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Status
Not open for further replies.