• Tot Musica

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Where the Wind Blows

Votes: 8 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2021
Oda doesn't let Yamato or Carrot join so we flock to Caribou. We really are forsaken...

I'd figure Momo is being set-up to eventually challenge Yamato in such a way as to convince him to realize that Momo can hold down his own in Wano, in time for Yamato realizing his greater purpose of finding the answer as to why Wano's borders should be opened.

Oct 26, 2017

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I've been plowing my through the manga recently, nearly a third of the way through now. Most of this seems to be:

1. Travel to an island
2. The people are in danger/need help
3. Save the island
4. Move on

Does this ever change going forwards?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
So I've been plowing my through the manga recently, nearly a third of the way through now. Most of this seems to be:

1. Travel to an island
3. Save the island
4. Move on

There are some exceptions to the rule but yeah the series usually stays within that formula

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017

1. Travel to an island
3. Save the island
4. Move on

for the most part no, its what allows Oda to tell such varying stories within the same universe though

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

1. Travel to an island
3. Save the island
4. Move on

as others have said, this generally stays consistent throughout the manga. But as it goes on, Oda significantly expands the series' subplots, mysteries and lore so there's always more going on in the background than "Luffy needs to punch the bad guy," but on an arc to arc basis, yeah, that's the core formula, with a couple of exceptions. Don't be surprised though if a character is MIA for like 400 chapters though then shows up again, that happens quite a lot.

Oct 25, 2017
I've accepted Shenmue is never getting finished. Put it in the pile with A Song of Ice and Fire and Hunter x Hunter.

It's like when Yamcha gets brought back to life after N amek only to immediately die to the androids. Even when it gets back up it goes down immediately.
He didn't die. He got horribly injured though.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I've accepted Shenmue is never getting finished. Put it in the pile with A Song of Ice and Fire and Hunter x Hunter.

He didn't die. He got horribly injured though.
I know the manga and anime claim he didn't die but when you get impaled like this. That senzu bean is carrying a bit too much weight
68f85e5bc46c41846d90bc77fc22a74d219a7f7e_hq.gif

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It's funny how looking back, Senzus were introduced as a way to satiate hunger for 10 days. Now it prevents death.
Honestly I am surprised more shonen series didn't crib Senzus, like DB has been riffed on endlessly but "characters have magic beans on hand that make them ready to fight again after taking a pounding" would be a useful plot device.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
It's funny how looking back, Senzus were introduced as a way to satiate hunger for 10 days. Now it prevents death.
It's actually wild when you see how it was introduced vs how it's used later. Eventually became one of the more OP healing items in manga lol.

Not to mention he's getting THE SUCK from the androids so all his energy should be gone
I actually forgot about that too. That Senzu is putting in the work

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Also by the Buu arc they run out of Senzu but it's okay because Dende is around.

A lot of that is also I feel Toriyama's need to truncate story arcs, most of the later ones take place over a couple of days so he's gotta have the characters healed and ready to fight again almost immediately.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Looking at stuff coming out in the U.S. that's one piece related over the next few months. Things are actually kinda coming out fast. Next week we get a new dub batch, then in November we get Film Red, and in December we get Volume 101 (finally completing the three volume set), and the third Color Walk compendium in December too. We will probably also get one more dub batch between next week and the end of the year. Then finally we get One Piece Odyssey in January and hopefully the game is fun

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
If regular One Piece corrupts the youth what does the 4kids dub do?

Lordfifth

Jul 31, 2022

1. Travel to an island
3. Save the island
4. Move on

No, well there is are a few arcs that does fit it but most of the manga does, if it bothers you too much then it's a thing that will keep happening, a lot.

But like that structure is really broad, it's nearly on the level of plot happens in terms of broadness, the details and themes of each island are different.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the replies, I just wanna catch up to the wherever the current anime is. The animation quality looks so good, a far cry to where I am now (I sometimes watch the anime for the big boss fights), which is rough at times and a bit too slapstick.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the replies, I just wanna catch up to the wherever the current anime is. The animation quality looks so good, a far cry to where I am now (I sometimes watch the anime for the big boss fights), which is rough at times and a bit too slapstick.

Wano will be peak slapstick if we're lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.