Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
I'd tag you everyday
You'd be the 3rd person I've blocked on Era after
my-hero-academia-boku-no-hero-academia.gif

And Lotus

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's premature to rule out Doffy. His return will most likely hinge on if the CD wants to continue having a working relationship with the Marines. I don't see him escaping by himself or with the help of his crew, but I can see a situation where the CD destroy Impel Down and take Doffy for themselves. From there they negotiate a deal where he can return to Marijoa in exchange for his loyalty to them. But also, Doffy could agree to it with the intent of later betraying them for exiling him. And not to mention the secret Doffy knows that we still don't know what it is. There's a lot of stuff Oda can do with him if he wants to.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Not everyone... there's still Game Pass defenders skulking around.
I get it, it's a good deal. But in the long term, it's clearly harmful. We're seeing that come to roost now.
I don't see it as a solution to Xbox's problems, but I'll still defend it as a consumer that doesn't want to break the bank buying video games.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not everyone... there's still Game Pass defenders skulking around.
I get it, it's a good deal. But in the long term, it's clearly harmful. We're seeing that come to roost now.

Most damning thing about the sentiment on Game Pass having changed is people aren't even that surprised about the notion of CoD possibly not being Day 1

I don't see it as a solution to Xbox's problems, but I'll still defend it as a consumer that doesn't want to break the bank buying video games.

None of us are wrong for wanting to save money (lord knows I'm thankful to have Persona 3 completely free), but yea, reality is finally settling in unfortunately, it is just not growing the way they wanted to in order to make up for essentially devaluing all their games. So Xbox may have to make some hard choices soon...

Oct 25, 2017
I get it. It's a great way to save some money. Especially for games you're not sure you'll like.
But seeing what Game Pass offers, one can't help but wonder how it's generating revenue. For $60 a year, you get access to dozens of games that would cost $60-70 each. An appealing offer indeed. But it's clear they can't get enough subscriptions to offset the revenue loss from individual buyers.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I get it. It's a great way to save some money. Especially for games you're not sure you'll like.
But seeing what Game Pass offers, one can't help but wonder how it's generating revenue. For $60 a year, you get access to dozens of games that would cost $60-70 each. An appealing offer indeed. But it's clear they can't get enough subscriptions to offset the revenue loss from individual buyers.
Two things are becoming apparent to me:
  • Everyone is mainly playing and investing money into F2P games. They don't require online and are as good as non-F2P games.
  • Gaming is getting way too expensive. $70 is really making people second guess their purchases, and it's not leaving any money left to buy a smaller game that costs cheaper.
GP is in the middle of being an alternative to not needing to pay for so much, while simultaneously competing with the hardcore F2P market.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
With my backlog as big as it is and games constantly going on sale, I have no use for a game streaming service. Most of the games they'd add on GamePass I wouldn't have an interest in.

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
Game Pass has been a good way for me to get in on games I'd otherwise wait for a sale for, like Persona 3 or Starfield. But like Boxy said, that's because gaming is too expensive anymore. There's only a handful of games I'm willing to put 70 down for, which is why Helldivers has been such a slam dunk purchase.
It's only a matter of time before GP is gone and I'm back to waiting on sales. It's been a good way to try out stuff I never would too like Manor Lords, I'll be sad to see it go.

Off the Xbox topic… Kendrick quit dropping music and life feels dead now, I need my chapter fix asap