• Yes

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else think Marco is kind of a jobber?

The dude that got rid of most of the BM Pirates from interfering in Onigashima, briefly clashed with Big Mom, and held off two Yonko commanders at the same time?

No, no I don't think he's a jobber. He didn't even actually get defeated, he just quit and let Zoro and Sanji take it from there for obvious meta reasons.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
The dude that got rid of most of the BM Pirates from interfering in Onigashima, briefly clashed with Big Mom, and held off two Yonko commanders at the same time?

No, no I don't think he's a jobber. He didn't even actually get defeated, he just quit and let Zoro and Sanji take it from there for obvious meta reasons.
I feel like that was a case of a jobber handling other jobbers though. he really didn't do much at all considering his stature meta reasons aside.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like that was a case of a jobber handling other jobbers though. he really didn't do much at all considering his stature meta reasons aside.

What other Yonko Commanders (that aren't the Strawhats) are doing what Marco is doing? The next most impressive one is Katakuri, and that's only really because he got the honor of fighting Luffy.

He's not a Yonko tier character, hence he ain't beating people like Blackbeard and what not, but he's still very impressive all things considered. I don't necessarily disagree that he was healthy enough to do more I guess, but that doesn't make him a jobber? That has a very specific meaning, even using it casually I don't see what opponent you could say used Marco as a hype tool. Because again, he fought King and Queen at the same time, and we already knew Big Mom is stronger than him. Actually going back to their clash, I forgot that Big Mom literally decided to run away from him, because dealing with his Phoenix BS was too much of a hassle.... and he also overpowered Prometheus.

But yea, no one that wasn't Kaido or Big Mom proved to me they were beating Marco in a 1v1. Mayyyyybe King had that potential because of his own BS, but that's it. Like I said, he took a backseat for meta reasons because ultimately we wanted to see Zoro and Sanji beat the YCs, not Marco.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I forgot to mention Aleczandxr broke his rule of never doing a video essay on One Piece last week and did a video essay on 1 character. He's honestly joining a small but growing section of the YouTube fandom with the take too lol. I'd post here but it's too spicy for the thread.

Oh if we talking about Marco his stocks have been down since the anime turned Kings fight up to 11 for the last episode.

Last edited:

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
During Marineford? Yep.

During Wano? Not really. He was holding his own against King and Queen up until he ran out of Stamina.

In a marineford he did okay ( it not like people had much time to shine there )
Dude counter and hit away Kizaru and then they disappear .
He get hit back by garp but this garp we talking about .
Save luffy life from Kuzan and Akainu .
yeah it not the best but think we seen worst in OP so we can call that okay for MF lol .

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Man's about to blow out the kitchen lmao. I like Kaido but there's a subset on YouTube that make it sound like he's the greatest villain in the series and one of the best written. Which might be a bit much lol.
images

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Are we at the point where anyone who can't take a Yonko one on one is a Jobber now?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly not mad at the Hunter X Hunter gameplay. Expectedly it looks budget as fuck, in the same way power rangers battle for the grid does, but it looks like it can be some fun mechanics.

And yay for traditional fighter.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, interesting

Maybe they're going to renew the license? Given how all in they've gone in on One Piece, I'd be surprised if it left for good
Maybe they want to banish it from the service and people's mind share to make room for The One Piece, and just let people soak in the LA for now. As nostalgic as I am for early OP, I can't say it's a bad move. I don't think they want people new to the series overwhelmed with a 1k+ ep journey that devolves into unbearable pacing, even with bingeing it. The absence of the og anime will build more hype for the remake on their service.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly not mad at the Hunter X Hunter gameplay. Expectedly it looks budget as fuck, in the same way power rangers battle for the grid does, but it looks like it can be some fun mechanics.

Yup. It could have been another damn arena fighter, but instead its basically MVC2 based, which is fine for me. Sure its definitely showing its budget, but I just love this thing even exists... Considering all the 2D fighters I have, I imagine Ill grab this one for sure, should be fun just to learn a few combos if nothing else.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. It could have been another damn arena fighter, but instead its basically MVC2 based, which is fine for me. Sure its definitely showing its budget, but I just love this thing even exists... Considering all the 2D fighters I have, I imagine Ill grab this one for sure, should be fun just to learn a few combos if nothing else.

The supers look good, too. But yeah I've been going through the series the last few months (at a slow pace) but it's been fun.

I wish we got a One Piece or JJBA fighter even with this budget.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

Yep for me a sub-par visual traditional fighter with fun gameplay >>>> another arena fighter with good cinematics

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
The supers look good, too. But yeah I've been going through the series the last few months (at a slow pace) but it's been fun.

I wish we got a One Piece or JJBA fighter even with this budget.

Its not perfect (especially the beyond trash tier netcode) but JJBA Allstar Battle is a legit fun Jojo game I feel. Graphically I feel it does a top notch job and that's despite it being a PS3 game at heart, they nail the characters and fan service in stages. It just lacks a decent story mode, since... well your kinda stuck when you only pluck characters from all chapters (some more than others). But hey otherwise we still got the S tier Capcom fighter from the 90s as well. For OP you basically have to go to the 3DS to find the ASW fighter. It looks great, but is hampered by touch screen BS. I still really want it though.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its not perfect (especially the beyond trash tier netcode) but JJBA Allstar Battle is a legit fun Jojo game I feel. Graphically I feel it does a top notch job and that's despite it being a PS3 game at heart, they nail the characters and fan service in stages. It just lacks a decent story mode, since... well your kinda stuck when you only pluck characters from all chapters (some more than others). But hey otherwise we still got the S tier Capcom fighter from the 90s as well. For OP you basically have to go to the 3DS to find the ASW fighter. It looks great, but is hampered by touch screen BS. I still really want it though.

Yeah I much prefer HftF over All Star. More my speed with its mechanics and feel. But I respect cyberconnect2 for the pure fan service they filled with their JJBA games.

I never tried the OP fighter though, but we're way overdue for a new one.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I much prefer HftF over All Star. More my speed with its mechanics and feel. But I respect cyberconnect2 for the pure fan service they filled with their JJBA games.

I never tried the OP fighter though, but we're way overdue for a new one.
Yeah, OP wise we definitely should get one... feels like with the IP being super popular right now, if ever there was a time, now would be it. Of course the one thing I fear for a OP fighter is roster... it feels like an absolute minefield when it comes to whos included, whos DLC, who gets ignored etc.

Lordfifth

Jul 31, 2022
im still trying to decode why the anime had Jinbei call Luffy "The Warrior of Liberation" for that scene. There's certainly fan theories about how Jinbei could have cracked the code. But the theories are super flimsy.
Anime only meaning it doesn't matter
Anyone else think Marco is kind of a jobber?
What do you mean by jobber?

Marco is the most impressive yonku commander feats wise, he was fighting kizaru handily untill he got ambushed with sea stone.

Fought kaido's two strongest yonku commanders at the same time, which no other yonku commander would be able to replicate

Big mom says he would take too long to kill, which is more than most yonku commander vs yonku (a few hits and it's over).