How do you feel about One Piece live action?

• I enjoyed it and I don’t have many complaints

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • I would have preferred if it deviated from the manga less

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • I feel like I live in a simulation because how do people like it

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I don’t know if I liked it but I did enjoy seeing how they adapted the manga

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • I expected a train wreck and was shocked that it worked

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • I can’t get over that One Piece has become an example of a good live action adaption

Votes: 21 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Another Thread Bet:
maxresdefault.jpg

WILL DRAGON ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING BETWEEN NOW AND THE END OF 2024?

Dragon has been a longstanding mystery in the One Piece fandom. First appearing in chapter 100 which released August 9th, 1999. 2024 will be 25 years and we still haven't been properly fed Dragon content. It's time for this fraud to do something finally. It took one fraud (Shanks) 25 years to do something, and I challenge this thread to join me and call out another fraud in Dragon.

What does something actually entail?
1. Not reading a newspaper
2. Not Passively chatting like in the Sabo encounter
3. Not monologging while staring off into the distance

The "something" needs to be on screen like ordering an attack, or leaving his island, or even a flashback where he's the main character of that flashback. Now the terms of the something is subject to change, we are a republic here after all. We'll know when it's actually something.

Losers of the bet will have to wear a soon to be decided avatar for a week.

DO WE HAVE ANY DRAGON BELIEVERS, OR WILL THERE ONLY BE NAYSAYERS?
Tace Cantaim Reyes Blackleg-sanji1 HiLife gundamkyoukai Stunner911 Mekanos Imperial Bishop Head on the Block

Although Lotus won't publicly bet, we spoke outside the thread and he's team Yes. Also, thanks to Cantaim for helping me craft this bet

Team Yes
Head on the Block
MadLuffy 87
HiLife
alexi52
Abobo

Team No
Cantaim
TheBlackNamekian
Tace (Fuck No)
Stunner911
brain_

Team No

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really sure Dragon, who'd be 17 at this point, is going to show up as a young Marine under Garp and get dissilusioned. Since this is the Bonney x Kuma Power Hour flashback though, possibly segwaying into big old God Valley stuff, would a minor role for Dragon in it count?

Oct 12, 2020
The panels of Kuma's father trying to dance, sing and cheer up his son in the face of slavery, then him simply being shot for being too loud and Kuma's face totall shock.... breaks my as father.

ramboma

Jul 18, 2019
I'm really sure Dragon, who'd be 17 at this point, is going to show up as a young Marine under Garp and get dissilusioned. Since this is the Bonney x Kuma Power Hour flashback though, possibly segwaying into big old God Valley stuff, would a minor role for Dragon in it count?
this flashback should cover ALOT of ground, like oden's flashback. there's really no reason to hold off on the rest of the god valley/revolutionary stuff anymore. rock's significance goes beyond god valley though, so while i'm sure we'll get his design and the crew dynamic of rocks, the juicy tidbits might be covered elsewhere. question is, regarding dragon, would he look like a carbon copy of luffy?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
www.polygon.com

If you could create the next One Piece or Naruto, here’s your chance

VIZ’s new one-shot program overseen by Weekly Shonen Jump’s Hisashi Sasaki hopes to launch careers for American artists. Here’s how to submit.

It's time for my big break

VIZ Media announced on Wednesday the creation of a new one-shot submission portal aimed at American creators. Winning one-shots will live alongside comics from revered artists like Rumiko Takahashi and Junji Ito on VIZ's digital manga service.

Sasaki is on board to both curate and guide selected submissions; the publishing company boasts that "creators whose submissions are selected will have the opportunity to work closely with the revered Japanese manga editor, making VIZ Media the only publisher in the U.S. to offer this experience domestically. Until now, manga-influenced creators who aspire to work with Japanese editors have had to travel to Tokyo for such an opportunity."

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Some late responses, but...

Lotus if only we knew we were witnessing the birth of Greatness

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyKIzd93l0A

I always knew Deke was meant for great things

We can hate on Lotus for all three

No you can't, stop bullying me

Lotus doesn't even appreciate Our Lady D of the Big Milky Milkers? Smh

I mean, I love the design, but I ain't playing Village, I Youtube'd it tho

7oe79rt.jpg

Lotus is right, Resident Evil is bad now.

Thank you for seeing tbe light

Lotus going to freak out looking at all those mentions

If its from the One Piece OT, idc, I know I ain't say nothing stupid

Another thread though? Oh god my ass would panic lmao

Only thing we should hate Lotus for is doubting the OPLA. Like c'mon, the writing was on wall it was gonna be a success.

I wasn't even the only one doubting it! How AgentLampshade gets off scot free is beyond me, hmph

Lotus is used to the daily hazing

No I'm not, y'all are mean

Love this song, still crazy how good Edgerunners ended up being

That reminds me, I was in the frying pan when OPLA released and didn't see anyone's reaction in here. What did y'all think? Tace Lotus Reyes ?? What was the consensus/any changes you disliked??

I liked it a lot, part of me as a mega fan has to stifle the part of me that wants to nitpick a lot of stuff tho, but overall it was clearly a good adaptation and overall I'm happy it was made, something I did not see myself seeing when this was first announced. That it also got people into the anime/manga proper, is getting renewed, and is getting Jamie Lee Curtis cast as Dr. Kureha means this whole thing was worth it and then some.

There are no happy endings in Night City

Rebecca...

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Saw the first episode of Undead Unluck and really dug it. The perv jokes were a bit less good but as I understand it the series moves away from it later on. But it's a fun concept and the animation is great.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saw the first episode of Undead Unluck and really dug it. The perv jokes were a bit less good but as I understand it the series moves away from it later on. But it's a fun concept and the animation is great.

I still can't believe this series ended up having the best female protagonist in Jump rn, I gotta catch back up

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Andy can stay gone tbh

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Oh shit...this is gonna be the most important flashback yet. Bet Captain Rock will turned out to be a good guy or something and the whole Garp and Roger alliance defeating him is really a lie from the Celestial Dragon.

OP
OP
Cantaim

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
you know of all the series I've read in Jump. Jianhshi X has gotta be one of the quickest that did a three year time skip. Cause this manga did it in under 25 chapters. I'm not really feeling this either but I'm curious if this was actually part of the original plan or if we are in firm "speed things up to keep people engaged" territory.

Also idc what anyone says Kagurabachi's MC and Jiangshi X's MC are the same guy but in two different art styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.