How do you feel about One Piece live action?

• I enjoyed it and I don’t have many complaints

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • I would have preferred if it deviated from the manga less

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • I feel like I live in a simulation because how do people like it

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I don’t know if I liked it but I did enjoy seeing how they adapted the manga

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • I expected a train wreck and was shocked that it worked

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • I can’t get over that One Piece has become an example of a good live action adaption

Votes: 21 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Cantaim

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Please note if we get another 1 month break during my reign I will put in a ticket to rebrand us as a Naruto/dragon ball OT to get it out of the way during the dead time.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
The Seraphim remind me of the Machine Made versions of the Super Mario RPG bosses in the final dungeon:

Which is to say they're okay and fulfill their purpose, but I don't really feel strongly about them

Also I wish it was November already to play the SMRPG remake
I can't wait to do the Axem Rangers fight, I hope they go extra hard with it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm afraid of an army of seraphim clones in the final war which just sounds like the dullest thing to me and reminiscent of reviving zombies to fight for you.

It took a shit ton of resources to create the 7 we have now, and all of them aren't even active in the same arc. Then you also have Vegapunk who is being targeted for assassination, who as a result would at the very least have to evacuate Egghead leaving no one with the know-how to create more, much less in a timely fashion.

Lastly, the Seraphim don't really work as generic mooks to replace the regular Pacifista (who themselves just got upgraded) because their Lunarian DNA would make them virtually invulnerable to most of the One Piece cast lol

So yea I don't think we have anything to worry about in regards to making them an army.

OP
OP
Cantaim

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
It took a shit ton of resources to create the 7 we have now, and all of them aren't even active in the same arc. Then you also have Vegapunk who is being targeted for assassination, who as a result would at the very least have to evacuate Egghead leaving no one with the know-how to create more, much less in a timely fashion.

Lastly, the Seraphim don't really work as generic mooks to replace the regular Pacifista (who themselves just got upgraded) because their Lunarian DNA would make them virtually invulnerable to most of the One Piece cast lol

So yea I don't think we have anything to worry about in regards to making them an army.
I'd also like to add that unless they got a refueling station off Egghead most won't have the ability to get their devil fruit blood back.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cool new thread, can't wait till Sunday when we back.

Yeah, i don't see them ending up as an army. They're meant to replace the warlords which was a group of seven.

From what little we've seen of them I'm not a big fan, but that could change. I'm usually not a fan of no personality/free will enemies.

Samurai_Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Colleen has done a good job matching all the personality and emotional beats for Luffy. I can't think of anyone else that could have done it better. Morj acts like one of those purists that are so tight about how Oda's work should be translated.
IIRC when funimation originally announced they were doing the dubs they said it themselves that the va for the Strawhats were chose/vetted by Oda as well.

OP
OP
Cantaim

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Took a peek at the last episode of Ragnarök and it does end with a small teaser for a third season. It's going to be awkward though unless they wait at least a year to start production on season 3 because they don't have 3 fights to cover in season 3. The manga only has 2 finished fights left and the third one just started a few months ago. Guess we shall see what they plan to do but I kinda hope they wait so we can have another three fights in production.

Oh and in addition Zom100 is on Netflix as well! It isn't an SJ manga persay but for those with a Viz sub this is one of the longer running series on there that just got an anime of its own. I also think the premise is indeed rather funny

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
After watching Nimona, how would you feel if Gear 5 Luffy was capable of flat-out shapeshifting? 🤔

I feel like he's already partial there. Maybe keep it confined to animals since Luffy already has animal themed attacks and he's very connected with animals?

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
After watching Nimona, how would you feel if Gear 5 Luffy was capable of flat-out shapeshifting? 🤔

I feel like he's already partial there. Maybe keep it confined to animals since Luffy already has animal themed attacks and he's very connected with animals?

feels like the end result would be some monkey paw kinda abomination, like luffy's body stretched into the shape of whatever animal he's taking on, so you get a rhino or octopus or whatever wearing human skin, with luffy's face and the straw hat . . .

Oct 26, 2017
feels like the end result would be some monkey paw kinda abomination, like luffy's body stretched into the shape of whatever animal he's taking on, so you get a rhino or octopus or whatever wearing human skin, with luffy's face and the straw hat . . .

I think it's the type of zany thing Luffy would do. And it wouldn't be any weirder than the various contorted forms Luffy takes in Gear 4/5.

I'm just picturing animals in full white with the flaming hair and scar and straw hat.

363f78_1ea767e794ad4917999277208a443167~mv2.png

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the Seraphim as puzzle pieces used to solve the whodunit until Oda convoluted the rules. As characters? We'll see. The only memorable one so far is S-Snake, but I'm interested to see what power S-Croc will have.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Only time I'm usually without clothes is when I'm showering

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I went to my second local One Piece TCG tournament and won for the first time with Rob Lucci! Ended up going 3-1 but turns out I beat the lead player in my last match and that made me the winner by tie-breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.