Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
It's not enhanced, sadly. But on the other hand, the PS3 version has much higher quality videos, so once it works I'd play it on RPCS3 instead of Xbox.

It already works, hence the question.

It's not, so go ahead!

By the way, a question from someone who has never used RPCS3: can the dlc be played too?

Edit: also, can you play patched versions of the games or only as they come in the disk? You know, preservation worries.

Pretty sure patches work fine, same with DLC.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
This is excellent. I dont relish keeping a ps3 around the way I do my older systems.

OP
OP
Atolm

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
It's not, so go ahead!

By the way, a question from someone who has never used RPCS3: can the dlc be played too?

Edit: also, can you play patched versions of the games or only as they come in the disk? You know, preservation worries.

You can patch them and use DLC. For DLC you need an authentication token that "decrypts" it, it's stored on the PS3 if you own it legally.

Oct 25, 2017
Lord am i glad for the work being done on this. hope mortal kombat is playable as that was in the era of ps3 games having better cutscenes than the pc version, would love to see hose story mode interactions again while playing through the story mode (like johnny cage and Kano's near the start of the game).

revisiting the Pirating adventures with luffy and the gang in some of those old-Ass one piece games that didn't make it over to the next-gen would be fun as well. but yeah, as others said, mgs4 is a Must.

allowing people to play through that again in a locked 60fps with higher resolution would Be super awesome and make many many people really Happy.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Persona is not the kind of game that would benefit greatly from 60fps. That said, the 4k visual is a nice upgrade though.

How about Demon's Souls, how is it running nowadays? Is there a 60fps patch for that?

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
Fyi all PS3s are capable of running homebrew and ripping games, even "unCFWable" PS3s like super slims.
CFW is still preferred if possible, but otherwise set up PS3HEN and you can run homebrew on (modified) OFW 4.84 to dump games. The progress on PS3 homebrew has been crazy as of late, it's awesome.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
I don't pay too much attention to this stuff so it is always interesting to see how PS3 emulation is progressing. Part of it brings a smile to my face because I remember the arguments when people said that the PS3 would be too complex to emulate and emulation's days were at an end with the PS3 generation.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
If Sony was interested, absolutely. An eight core Ryzen Zen 2 at something like 3,5Ghz with a dedicated development team would eat my 6700k with RPCS3 for breakfast. But they don't seem interested.
Cool.

Cool so now it wont be that its impossible (like ps4 emulating Cell) but more if Sony is willing to throw us a bone. (I can only imagine a hacked ps5 down the line with bc for PS1-PS3, ps4 standard bc and PSP, Vita. 0.0)

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Actually, it's kinda tricky ripping PS3 games on PC. More than you make it out to be, at least. It really is just easier to rip to an external HDD with a CFW PS3 and have RPCS3 read from the drive's ./GAMES directory.
Fair enough. Didn't realise it varied by drive. For me with my drive it's as simple as sticking the disc in and ripping an iso.

That said, it might just be the right time to hack my PS3 so I can rip my digital games too.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
What about Outrun 2 I believe which got delisted?

Also with the 4k downscaling, does that mean jaggies are gone? Ps3 did not have the best ports and suffered due to jaggie hell. I hated that.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I've played a bit of Asura's Wrath in 4K using RPCS3 and it was kind of amazing.

Sarobi

Oct 25, 2017
Great progress overall. I can't wait to see how this looks later down the line this year.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
VF5 had some sound glitches and minor reflection glitches about two to three months ago. Are those cleared up? Muffled audio aside, the game was damn near perfect.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds good but doesn't this need an ultra powerful system to run?

Will it work on my system in 1080p?

8700k proc 1060 6gb card 16gbddr ram?

very few Switch games work for me in a playable form. Zelda I wanted to replay again looking better than Switch but it runs at like 20fps even in 1080p?

Even some 3DS games which look way better in screenshots compared to my 3ds cartridge of Luigis Mansion run in like 10fps if that.

Is the PS3 emulator gonna be the same?

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Happy to hear that. I can't wait to play Dynasty Gundam Reborn with a stable ftamerate. Last time I tried, the game launched but crashed. I will try it with the new version.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
People actually want to play MGS4 again? Yikes.

Demons Souls 4k/60 is all I need from a PS3 emulator.

SnowHawk

Oct 28, 2017
England
So people managing to emulate the PS3 on their PCs. What are the chances that the PS5 will be able to emulate the PS3? What kind of specs do you need?

OP
OP
Atolm

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
VF5 had some sound glitches and minor reflection glitches about two to three months ago. Are those cleared up? Muffled audio aside, the game was damn near perfect.

Yeah, it sounds great now. The team marked the game as "playable" (green status) around ten days ago. They keep track of those things, which is super nice.

You have better specs than me and most people.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it sounds great now. The team marked the game as "playable" (green status) around ten days ago. They keep track of those things, which is super nice.
Sweet. Booted up Peace Walker for a bit, which seems fine aside from some apparent screen tearing I got without tinkering with settings. Either way, I'll probably dump the PSP version from my computer.

I read El Shaddai works well, too. Gotta grab that ish off of eBay or something because that game is gorgeous and is probably moreso at 4k.

Jun 2, 2019
Not really related but this is making me want to rip my Wii U games and give them a second run on PC. I miss them but can't afford the space.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Went through the trouble of dumping a few more of my PS3 games, and decided to see how Anarchy Reigns is holding up, since apparently very few people care about testing it.

It's... getting there, I suppose. It doesn't slowdown, which is something. And at least you *can* play it, if not in the best state!

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
My one regret of selling my ps3 to go ps4 is demons souls. I mean, it was a no brainer because obviously they were going to release a remaster...! :(

I suppose it's no where near as easy as buying a demons souls disc and popping it in the blu ray drive on my pc?

I bought a drive a while back that can rip them for about ÂŁ50, think it was an LG

The process is quite complicated but it's not too bad once you work it out

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad.
I have nearly 200 PS3 games and I'm relieved I won't have to rely on my PS3 staying alive to continue to have access to them.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Mgs4 is gonna take a loong time,it's the game that everyone keep asking in the forums.
Even if it's playable,it will have a lot of visual glitches,crashes etc that will take aditional time to fix.
Mgs2 and 3 are almost 100% accurate now,but that's kind of a recent achievement.

Oct 31, 2017

Is this stealth bragging?

very few Switch games work for me in a playable form. Zelda I wanted to replay again looking better than Switch but it runs at like 20fps even in 1080p?

Even some 3DS games which look way better in screenshots compared to my 3ds cartridge of Luigis Mansion run in like 10fps if that.

The Switch emulator, Yuzu, is in its early days and BoTW is nowhere near close to be the best emulated game on it, either.
That said, there's a fair amount of things that should run on it with a PC like yours.

Also, I used (just for test, not extensively) the 3DS emulator Citra with a far worse PC than yours and I never had a problem with it.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
Looks really great, I wonder how it's going to work on my 2700x.

Sounds like you didn't set up your emulators right, and why are you using a switch emulator to play BOTW when Cemu exist? The current best switch emulator isn't even really ready yet.

OP
OP
Atolm

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet. Booted up Peace Walker for a bit, which seems fine aside from some apparent screen tearing I got without tinkering with settings. Either way, I'll probably dump the PSP version from my computer.

I read El Shaddai works well, too. Gotta grab that ish off of eBay or something because that game is gorgeous and is probably moreso at 4k.

I tried Peace Walker as well and I didn't have any troubles with Vsync or anything, maybe because I have a GSync screen. Game looks and runs very well. I also tried MGS3. It looked and sounded good but it had its fair share of slowdown and it isn't marked as playable but as in-game.

I'll try El Shaddai later today, you made me curious, the game had unlocked Frame rate on PS3, but plenty of fps drops as well. I wonder if I can brute force through them like with Bayonetta 2 on CEMU.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AMD's Vulkan performance is fine, so yes.

Cool. Some times ago I wanted to try to see how Persona 5 could run on my computer (Ryzen 5 2600, RX 580 8go) but I had graphical glitches under any configuration unless I activated the Strict Rendering Mode, which made the game runs correctly but locked in its original settings (720p/30fps). After some researches, it was sort of a common issue with AMD cards.

I'll try it again when I'm back from vacation.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Jay_AD

Oct 28, 2017
Please link to me :)

I've not found a way to even enable the sun in the first stage.

The latter is actually a pretty quick fix. There's just a file in the wrong folder. You gotta copy "lens_flare_offset.bin" from the \gamepath\Media folder to gamepath\Common. That will restore all the lens flare and light bloom effects. Classic dev blunder lol

Apart from that, install FXT: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=147131.0

That will give you stuff like custom resolutions, xinput support and other good stuff.

Edit: sorry for offtopic. ahem.