• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I usually expect these threads to be really hyperbolic in nature... but holy shit. I didn't make it 30 seconds before I started busting out laughing.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
jtpx1C8.gif

🎵 I don't think you fit this shoe
I do, won't you have a clue
🎵

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Hell, it was even a whole genre back then, post-grunge! Like Scott Weiland did it too:

Guys like Scott Weiland and Gavin Rossdale kinda get a pass from me because they came up in the same space as Cobain and Nirvana and had to make their way in their shadow, I get what they did, I'm even grateful for it as a guy who grew up in the 90s

Puddle of Mudd? I don't even know. I don't even know what the point of this is. It's not exactly a revered artist touching a sacred track. It's basically just some guy

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this song needs to be used during a Scorsese montage of mobsters and others getting whacked.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I usually expect these threads to be really hyperbolic in nature... but holy shit. I didn't make it 30 seconds before I started busting out laughing.

I thought the same thing when someone posted this here a couple of days ago. Just thought it was your typical Puddle of Mudd hate.

Started the video... guitars are fine... this is fine... Oh God, no!!!

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
That's legitimately a thing. Wow.

I used to karaoke Nirvana. I can't sing for shit but honestly I think I was better. Where mah record contract.

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
It started out decent and I was thinking you were just being overly critical. Then he started singing. Sweet jesus my ears. How embarrassing for him.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of them moments, where you think it's gonna be hyperbole but OP is actually underselling it.

My ears are bleeding.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I was impressed that they'd cleared the bar of "one person playing two guitar chords," and then I heard bongos, and I was like, "it's only getting worse from here, huh"

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
They're not really, Wes Sclantin has had a lot of issues with alcoholism and incarceration that essentially killed the band. Reminds me of Days of the New.

Days of the New's debut album is fantastic and still holds up. Sometimes I feel like the only person that has ever heard of them, like Tripping Daisy or Fig Dish.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Does this guy always sing like he's constipated or is he doing it for this cover?

And do the other guys hear his vocals?

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hell, it was even a whole genre back then, post-grunge! Like Scott Weiland did it too:

Wait what? Are you calling Stone Temple Pilots post-grunge? Core came out in 1992, Puddle of Mudd's Come Clean released in 2001. Bands like Knickleback and Creed are post-grunge. STP is just straight up grunge.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wait what? Are you calling Stone Temple Pilots post-grunge? Core came out in 1992, Puddle of Mudd's Come Clean released in 2001. Bands like Knickleback and Creed are post-grunge. STP is just straight up grunge.
Well, evidently they had enough time to be influenced by those Seattle grunge bands, despite being from California.

Quikies83

Oct 25, 2017
Mississippi
Days of the New's debut album is fantastic and still holds up. Sometimes I feel like the only person that has ever heard of them, like Tripping Daisy or Fig Dish.
Shelf in the room was my jam.
I remember catching these guys live with Finger Eleven back in late 90s
Haven't listened to either band in forever. Used to love the first two F11 albums : Tip and The Greyest of Blue Skies.

Deleted member 11985

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to give the drummer the benefit of the doubt and say that he chose the bongos for comic relief. Sadly, it was not enough to distract from the singer.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Why does it seem he has a hard time singing? Something wrong with his vocal cords? His older songs sound nothing like this even though they've always been on the trash side.