hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
Sadly, my 2018 Pro has developed severe screen issues and I have been waiting to replace it with this new refresh.
If this rumor comes to pass, I'll likely step down to an iPad Air instead.

Woah, what happened to it? My trusty 13" 2018 Pro was still doing pretty good — all the way up 'til the bitter end when I forgot I set it on the top of my car
there are rumors there will be a 12.9" ipad air as well? that would be aweome, cause my 2018 ipad pro is getting a bit old as well...

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I actually have 2 M1 Pros and besides the absolutely gorgeous screen they are a complete waste from a productivity standpoint. All that power and nothing to do with it.

I find the Surface even with the limits of Arms Windows to be a much more practical machine in that form factor.

Starsunder

Oct 25, 2017
I am currently using a first generation iPad Pro, so, what, 2016 model? Im going to get one of these new lads and hope my mind is blown

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Have a m1 air and m1 11 inch pro. Don't really use my air at all with all my use being on iPad.

Will probably upgrade to the 13 iPad Pro next.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, what happened to it? My trusty 13" 2018 Pro was still doing pretty good — all the way up 'til the bitter end when I forgot I set it on the top of my car
My 11" 2018 Pro bought on release was doing great until July last year, where I accidentally dropped it while using the bathroom at like, 2AM. It's actually still doing pretty great -- just has a horribly cracked screen, held together by a matte screen protector. The screen protector also helps to keep jagged edges from slicing my fingers and glass shards from popping out 😄

Likely going to replace it with one of the new Pros coming this year.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This would've been mine... for a much lower price that is. I was actually waiting for an OLED iPad before to upgrade from my 10.5" 2017 Pro. But I kind of moved on from tablets though. I never realized until now I just wanted the power and openness of Mac OS on a laptop (M series chip fixed these laptops for me). If they ever put Mac OS on an iPad (able to run both), it'll be mine, but until then, it's just too limited.

Sad, this kills my hopium theory that this thing was going to be expensive because it's actually a reworked 2-in-1 type iPad with MacOS capability instead of just a new iPad with an OLED screen.
That's a lot of people's dreams there, including mine. I think if they ever pull it off, it'll be one of their most popular products they have other than the iPhone. Dang it Apple, do that and I'll give you my money ASAP.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Do you really want a 15" iPad? Or a MacBook with a touch screen?

I have the 12.9" with magic keyboard and so almost everythign on it - we have a 'family' MBA but only use that if I want to hook up to a monitor or sometimes use Excel or word with a bit more granularity. But 95% of stuff is done on my ipad. if I want to knock up an image quickly I prefer procreate and lumafusion for little video edits over a mouse driven approach. Although thats only casual nonsense.

a lot of the use is totally casual though - a lot of media consumption so the larger screen would be very welcome.

I'm also guilty when using my work macbook air of unconciously reaching out to press a button :)

Oct 27, 2017
I actually have 2 M1 Pros and besides the absolutely gorgeous screen they are a complete waste from a productivity standpoint. All that power and nothing to do with it.

I find the Surface even with the limits of Arms Windows to be a much more practical machine in that form factor.
Plenty of productive things to do with the power of a M1 chip, like sculpting and rendering on nomad sculpt like I'm doing right now. Productivity is not limited to spreadsheets, programming and emails.

On topic: yeah fuck that, sick of apple's endless price raises

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Never once have I looked at my incredible iPad Pro screen and thought "this needs AT LEAST $400 better screen on here"…

I'm sure it will be nicer but jeez.
Same. And I can't imagine they'll do this. That price point is such a huge jump that folks that would normally upgrade or jump in are going to go "naaaaah, I'm good."