Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll believe it when I see it. Melo is one greedy mofo. To buy him out you'll have to give him dam near every penny of that contract otherwise he won't agree to it. Their best bet to part ways with him is via trade going into the final year of his contract.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Still think OKC will buy him out but If Sam Presti actually finds a team willing to trade for Melo, then damn, this dude GM of the year.

ampere

Jan 20, 2018
Melo sucks, but is any previously decent team as fucked as OKC? They are going to be like a 20 win team this year

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
damn, just as big as the PG signing honestly

Melo refuses to take a back seat and will ruin any team with a star bigger or more productive than him.

Would love to see him join the warriors and watch the ego clash with the actual good players

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is every bit as important as them re-signing PG.

Melo still has a chance to be a contributor on a good team if he's willing to eat some humble pie and take his rightful seat as a 7th man somewhere

Spoiler alert- he isn't! Not only is the dude's game trash but his attitude is trash too. I wouldn't want him on my favorite team.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I remember in the first like two years, maybe three ears of their careers. People actually saying melo was better than bron. That melo WOULD be better than bron. Good times

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
People talking like Melo is being traded, but isn't he being stretched and waived? Then the lakers don't have to "give up" Deng or anything, right? Because Melo at bargain basement prices is like semi attractive, depending on the team, but at full price, no way (and I say this only because the Knicks are out of the running. Oh wait, I forgot about the Kings).

Boogs31

Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
Besides Melo can't be any worse than Ryan Anderson.

Oh yes he certainly can. He was last year.

Ryan Anderson, per 36 minutes last year, was a better rebounder, 2 point shooter and 3 point shooter than Carmello. Ryan Anderson provides more spacing for an offense because he can hit threes from 5 feet beyond the 3 point line and he also doesn't think he's so good that he laughs at the mere discussion of coming off the bench. I would go as far as to say Anderson is better defensively as well.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I remember in the first like two years, maybe three ears of their careers. People actually saying melo was better than bron. That melo WOULD be better than bron. Good times

Before Lebron got a jump shot, it was definitely arguable that Kobe, Melo, and DIrk were more complete offensive players. I don't think anyone makes that case after like, 2012 though.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't come to the Lakers, we signed too many past whatever their prime was headcases at this point.

The only person that really applies to is Lance. Rondo can be a head case, but he played great last season. Javale has been getting a bad wrap his whole career because of Shaq shitting on him. You don't really hear much about teams/teammates having much issue with him in terms of his personality.

That said, I think Melo goes to Houston. LA likely no longer has space for him. The one place the Lakers actually have some depth is at the forward.

Jailcat

May 19, 2018
Prime Melo on the Knicks was super fun to watch. I thought his game would translate well past his prime but he's been dogshit lately. He needs some new scenery and be more accepting of a bench role. Some players tend to get a lot better after leaving OKC and maybe Melo can follow suit.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Does Melo just suck because age or can he go back to being "elite". If so then he would do well with Lebron I think.

He does little outside of iso scoring, and he can't even do that all that effectively/efficiently anymore. He was never a good defender, never a good playmaker. He's a guy you bring off the bench when you need 10-15 minutes of scoring, the problem is he still thinks he's a star.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I had a bad feeling about Melo when he laughed at a reporter who asked him if he'd be willing to come off the bench.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Melo and Harrison Barnes in the twilight of Dirk's career. What a send off.

Seriously though, there's no hope that he can turn into Olympics Melo if he's motivated?