L11ghtman

Jan 19, 2022
These titles and dev teams have nothing to do with each other. It's like saying don't make Forza Horizon 6 because Mario Kart 10 is coming. Also, a new Tony Hawk beating Skate to launch would be hilarious given how long ago Skate was announced.
I mean no doubt, it's just that 3+4 would be an easy win and even if a new THPS was coming, I'd still prefer to have those first.

Sep 7, 2020
I can't even articulate how badly I want 3+4 and THUG 1+2 or a good new game. This franchise is everything to me

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
They're finally going announce the removal of the online DRM on PC, right? Pretty please.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I really hope this is a new game or re-release of older games, but something tells me this is just going to be about a Game Pass release and not much else...

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft could easily start remastering these.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3+4 (w/ the maps/content from 5. I'm aware THPS5 was a bad game, but would be cool to at least have the content included in 3+4).
Tony Hawk's Underground 1+2: Remix. (Hope that if they do this, they include the exclusive levels/content from the PSP THUG 2: Remix)
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland + Proving Grounds + Project 8 (These were all solid, would love to see them get remastered into a collection)

Goldstick

Jun 6, 2019
Porto, Portugal
I believe this was not the case before, but now there is a PC version on the Xbox backend. If I'm wrong please correct me, but otherwise this leads me to believe there it will 100% drop in game pass. As everyone else in this thread, I hope there is more than this in the works, even if it will not be announced anytime soon.

NGVX5EY.png

P.S.: sorry for the language on the screenshot

Edit: Nevermind y'all, just noticed that version exists already since June 11th, to buy. My bad.

Last edited:

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I believe this was not the case before, but now there is a PC version on the Xbox backend. If I'm wrong please correct me, but otherwise this leads me to believe there it will 100% drop in game pass. As everyone else in this thread, I hope there is more than this in the works, even if it will not be announced anytime soon.

NGVX5EY.png

P.S.: sorry for the language on the screenshot
Was added back in June actually. Just never enabled for GP for some reason. Would make sense to finally do that this month though

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
Spyro did the same stuff and look at how that ended up. Don't get your hopes up for anything more than "Send us your THPS memories and we'll make a short video with them!"

Elija2

Oct 26, 2017
Even if we don't get another 1+2 style remake, I'd be pretty hyped if they just released the other THPS games as new backwards compatible titles on Xbox. That seems pretty unlikely though considering they'd have to license every single music track in the originals which they couldn't even do for 1+2.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
I'd love something new, but keep in mind Spyro had its 25th last year and it resulted in no new game.

Edit: PSA for every THPS thread that the PC games (2 through American Wasteland) are playable on Steam OS.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I know better than to get excited for anything related to the idea of Activision or Microsoft respecting their legacy franchises so I'll say "no, probably not."

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I will never understand the treatment of VV.

Either THPS 3&4 or a THPS3 expansion for 1&2 was money right there on the table. I don't get.

CJCW?

Oct 27, 2017
I don't wanna get my hopes up but yes I would love to see something from THPS

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I'll still forever be salty about how Activision fucked this franchise up, man.

They finally got it right. Not just right, they got it practically perfect, and even though it was a success, it wasn't enough of a success. It's never enough.

Please bring it back. Give me 3+4

Scarlett

Dec 5, 2020
I really wanna be Daisy in Kona, grinding around to Seneca Falls and House of the Rising Drum.

C'mon.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
It's probably just for the 25th anniversary celebrations, but I can see a shadow drop of 1+2 remakes on Game Pass.

Zhaop345

Jul 31, 2024
Never had interests in playing any skateboard games. I hope 1+2 remake could be released in GP soon, so I can try to see if it is my cup of the tea :)

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
It's crazy to me how good and well timed those re-releases of 1 and 2 were and how buried they got. It was like the perfect amount of time had passed for the skateboarding genre to feel so novel and exciting again.

In a year of high profile remakes I feel like this low profile remake was the best one, at least on a gameplay experience level anyway

sheeldz

Jun 8, 2021
Let's make Tony Hawk's Pro Skater hit Game Pass, with an announcement of new 3+4 content as a 25th anniversary update to the main 1+2 game.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Never had interests in playing any skateboard games. I hope 1+2 remake could be released in GP soon, so I can try to see if it is my cup of the tea :)

This is the joy of the Tony Hawk games, certainly at the time. You could have zero interest in Skateboarding, but they are just such great games that for many people it made them interested.

Just great games, as were many of the various other extreme sports games in the same mold that followed.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Or is it all just wishful thinking and nothing more than purely a retrospective of the franchise's history?
Yes.

I'd love a 3+4 then THUG 1+2 remasters as much as the next person but even if Microsoft gave it the green light as soon as the acquisition went through, I don't think it'd be ready to show yet. And that's without factoring in the status of "Blizzard Albany".

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I can't allow myself to have any hope here. I would freak out if we got a new game but I just don't believe the franchise isn't dead dead this time which is crazy because 1+2 was the most successful one in the series in decades.

Nov 4, 2023
One thing that THPS has going for it, is that Tony is still heavily involved with the series and he wants THPS to continue. He's also got most of the og cast on his podcast, Koston, Reynolds, Steamer, Mullen, Lasek etc.

But while he has a big pull, even getting something like DLC from Activision might be a big ask.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
At this point I don't even need remakes, I would take rereleases on modern consoles.😭

Feed me Activision.