• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
Philadelphia

Right there with you. One and done.

DYsGEV-WsAA4aZ9.jpg:large

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Literally the first time I've ever played PUBG, had no idea wtf I was supposed to be doing. Ended up dying about 20 minutes in.

Some Galaxy S9 shots (on high framerate, HD graphics settings)

Screenshot_20180319-185132_PUBG_MOBILE.jpg

Screenshot_20180319-185300_PUBG_MOBILE.jpg

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Literally the first time I've ever played PUBG, had no idea wtf I was supposed to be doing. Ended up dying about 20 minutes in.

Your goal is pretty much survive. You can jump out of the airplane at any point. Houses/sheds have loot. Ballistic armor, guns, grenades, etc. You might find cars and boats. Eventually, the map gets smaller and smaller. You need to stay in the circle and last one Alice wins.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone playong on first Ipad Air? Stepson Ipad Air, running ios 10.2 , game doesnt start, crash when there is a loading. Appstore said 9.0 or later and a ipad air should make it work. He just have around 700mb of space available, could it be the cause it crash? We did a shutdown,not working.

Zubalon

Banned
Dec 11, 2017
Honestly ...why does this look better on the S8 than on the Xbox one X ? How is that allowed ?

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dang got fourth first game .

I'm excited to play the real deal when I get it on my new PC when it arrives.

The game plays great on mobile compared to fortnite . It just heats my phone up to 900 degrees and destroys the battery.

Deleted member 10549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just had a match with a hacker. He could run and drive with insane speed. I'm very disappointed that they appeared so quickly.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Played 1 match and uninstalled. Dunno how anybody can tolerate this inconsistent performance and these controls. I will admit they did a fantastic port job. It's actually basically better than the main version of the game in terms of features.

I've also been made aware of the fact that they potentially have a system in place that places you in a match made up of bots for your first match, and slowly decreases the number of bots each match after that as you improve. Probably not worth posting your scores first game considering this possibility.

Honestly ...why does this look better on the S8 than on the Xbox one X ? How is that allowed ?
Tencent vs Bluehole.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Tencent is insanely talented. Why the fuck does this game run smoother than the console AND pc versions?

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Played 1 game, got chicken dinner! If I never play again I will forever be at 100% win percentage.

One and done ..

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
Won the first game I played! Played on an "ancient" iPhone 6 with iOS 10 at low graphics and medium framerate settings. The match lasted awhile at 29 minutes, and my battery dropped about 15% with brightness at 95%.

The game is very well-optimized and the UI has been done extremely well. Being able to manipulate the map while moving, the ability to auto-sprint, and the ability to freely move the camera around without changing player direction are all features that make this feel like a very playable mobile port.

Again, the performance is insane, especially since it was running great on an older phone. The fact that it's free and yet such a close experience to the PC version make me wonder if it will ever become a paid app or the PC version will lower in price.

Terrantino

Oct 27, 2017
Played 1 match and uninstalled. Dunno how anybody can tolerate this inconsistent performance and these controls. I will admit they did a fantastic port job. It's actually basically better than the main version of the game in terms of features.

I've also been made aware of the fact that they potentially have a system in place that places you in a match made up of bots for your first match, and slowly decreases the number of bots each match after that as you improve. Probably not worth posting your scores first game considering this possibility.

Tencent vs Bluehole.
"One major difference from the other versions is the presence of bots, apparently designed to help new players get to grips with the game. As you level up, the ratio of real players to bots increases, and it's easy to tell the difference — the bots are pretty dumb and don't put up much of a fight. This might be disappointing to hear for anyone who plays for the first time and is amazed by their own latent skill level, but it's a clever way to ensure people have a good experience when they first play PUBG"

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/16/17128526/pubg-mobile-hands-on-review-vs-xbox-fortnite

That is pretty funny.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Any way I can change my username or avatar? I accidentally set my username to my real name (because it defaulted to that for some stupid reason, and I didn't see it), and really want to change it.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Add me to the list of people who won on their very first game. People suck at this lol. I'm not even that good at PUBG and I never play shooters on mobile.

VzcYiWA.jpg

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Well, you have a three and a half year old phone. Im shocked it runs at all.
Yeah, again, I was surprised too! It even runs OK at low.

However, I won't be playing it since the controls are so difficult, especially on a phone-sized display. And this is on a plus-sized phone, can't imagine trying to play this or Fortnite on the SE!

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Runs extremely well! I can only hope that one day the Xbox version runs this well. I'd even be ok with them making it look more on par with the mobile version to get us a good frame rate.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Wow im seriously impressed by this! It runs beautfiully on my iphone 7 and controls well. Only thing that im having an issue with is when using the floating sticks so i can tap and fire while aiming somethimes i randomly start shooting when i dont mean too.. Other than that this is a good mobile version of pubg.

also i have to say the UI is top notch and i want it on pc. The ability to see whats near you and tap on it to grab it is amazing. Tencent did a freaking amazing job with this.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Am i the only one thinking this game is far more interesting with the controls than playing on xb1 or pc with xbox coontroller? Infeel its smoother, more responsive. I just tried back the pc version to see if i was crazy but, no, i found it more fluid on ios.

Wow. Never though i would get into this game. I like more an ios version of a game. Wtf.

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Wow im seriously impressed by this! It runs beautfiully on my iphone 7 and controls well. Only thing that im having an issue with is when using the floating sticks so i can tap and fire while aiming somethimes i randomly start shooting when i dont mean too.. Other than that this is a good mobile version of pubg.

also i have to say the UI is top notch and i want it on pc. The ability to see whats near you and tap on it to grab it is amazing. Tencent did a freaking amazing job with this.

Yeah on my iphone7+ it runs and looks great. I'm really impressed

GamerEra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone playong on first Ipad Air? Stepson Ipad Air, running ios 10.2 , game doesnt start, crash when there is a loading. Appstore said 9.0 or later and a ipad air should make it work. He just have around 700mb of space available, could it be the cause it crash? We did a shutdown,not working.
Try updating to the latest version of iOS.

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I won my first game too. Starting to think they're filling slots with bots or something.