Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Mad about ? I'm a game pass subscriber 🤔.
You're statement is nonsensical. Paying 20 a month is within the realm of possibility, but if you only finish 2 games a year theres a very easy solution. Unsubscribe. Even at 20 a month thats 3 next gen games. Like logically the argument you're making doesn't make sense. So either you're a fanboy, trolling, mad or just extremely jaded. I went with mad because it was probably the least offensive.

You do realize that the Xbox live stats and PSN stats show that people don't finish games. The people that actually finish games are a minority.

You realize you just made the argument FOR GP right?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whilst the proof will be in the games, that is one hell of a line-up of 1st/2nd party (just 1st party?) developers.
all first party devs, expect xbox game publishing who work with 3rd party devs on first party games (flight simulator, tell me why, etc).

Xbox isnt "scared" of mobile games lately. See Gears Pop and Forza Street. Maybe MS sees in them as a mobile dev to expand existing IP's like what they did with Gears and Forza.
i guess they could keep them as a dedicated mobile team, yeah.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
This may not be as good a deal for MS as some think here.
$7.5B for many of the most iconic gaming IP's in history, along with their development teams. Its a fantastic deal and the games that werent selling well will drastically benefit from the increase resources of first party development, gamepass, and better advertising.

StarsTurnCold

Avenger
Apr 30, 2018
Yep, all of those games day one on Gamepass and will stay there forever. Elder Scrolls, Starfield, Fallout, Doom, Wolfenstein etc all on there day one from now on. The two PS5 timed exclusives will be available on PC Gamepass Day One as well next year when they launch, and then in 2022 when they launch on Xbox they will also be on Gamepass.

Shit, that's gonna be awesome.

Deleted member 14927

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think MS knew that Digital Foundry would show that XBSX would be totally owned by PS5 when it comes to loading times on open-world games AND the texture pop-in which has mostly been a Bethesda games problem exclusively.
Bethesda games on PS5 with that super-SSD would maybe always perform bether than on SBSX.

The bar just keeps getting raised higher and higher.

I think it's the reverse. The bar was so low on that one it was in Limbo territory.

AliasGreed

Oct 31, 2017
You're statement is nonsensical. Paying 20 a month is within the realm of possibility, but if you only finish 2 games a year theres a very easy solution. Unsubscribe. Even at 20 a month thats 3 next gen games. Like logically the argument you're making doesn't make sense. So either you're a fanboy, trolling, mad or just extremely jaded. I went with mad because it was probably the least offensive.

You realize you just made the argument FOR GP right?

My point is casual gamers will need to unsubscribe when not using it. I expect casual gamers to keep paying for it like people do with Netflix when not watching anything and just throwing money down the drain. So I do not think this is economical.

When I buy a new phisical game and I realize it's not for me, it's sold really quickly and I recoop 80% of my money.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
It's the perfect buy at the perfect time.
Yeah the timing is great. The future of Doom, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Wolfenstein, and more is now in question in regards to what platforms it would be on. Additionally even if they are all multiplatform they will be day one on gamepass verses $70 on PS5. If I was looking at next gen consoles the Xbox Series S/X just got way more appealing.

Michilin

Nov 14, 2017
The big question is, are the entire Zenimax catalogue going to be added to gamepass still this year?

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This purchase sealed the deal for me. I wasn't planning on buying a Series X, ever. Now I have no choice and may not buy a PS5 (or at least until a price drop).

DrowsyJungle

Oct 25, 2017
I think MS knew that Digital Foundry would show that XBSX would be totally owned by PS5 when it comes to loading times on open-world games AND the texture pop-in which has mostly been a Bethesda games problem exclusively.
Bethesda games on PS5 with that super-SSD would maybe always perform bether than on SBSX.
My man playing 4D chess here while we're stuck on checkers.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Care to explain why?

You can buy IPs, but you can't buy talent. There's history where key figures from Bungie, Rare, 343 and most recently Rod Fergusson left Microsoft. They need to prove that they can invest in keeping and upgrading those talents so they can produce great content instead of just good or average ones.

Microsoft's approach to letting studios be automous has varying results. They don't have a good track record of steering a studio when it's going awry. Doubling their team size will not remedy these problems.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
You can buy IPs, but you can't buy talent. There's history where key figures from Bungie, Rare, 343 and most recently Rod Fergusson left Microsoft. They need to prove that they can invest in keeping and upgrading those talents so they can produce great content instead of just good or average ones.

Microsoft's approach to letting studios be automous has varying results. They don't have a good track record of steering a studio when it's going awry. Doubling their team size will not remedy these problems.

I find it fascinating that this generation just happened--where Microsoft was largely mediocre outside of a few gems and acquisitions--and folks are pretending this resets the gameboard insofar as the quality of Microsoft's output without the Zenimax deal.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

If you're saying Microsoft causing culture change would lead to an exodus of talent, I'm not too worried about that. Phil Spencer has talked about MS's failings with Bungie in the past, and how he intends to correct that with studios like Double Fine and Ninja Theory. And some legendary creators like Tim Schafer and Brian Fargo have said nothing but positive things. Brian Fargo was going to retire after Wasteland 3 but now he's staying on.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
If you're saying Microsoft causing culture change would lead to an exodus of talent, I'm not too worried about that. Phil Spencer has talked about MS's failings with Bungie in the past, and how he intends to correct that with studios like Double Fine and Ninja Theory. And some legendary creators like Tim Schafer and Brian Fargo have said nothing but positive things. Brian Fargo was going to retire after Wasteland 3 but now he's staying on.

Yeah. MS has already proven with their purchases over last few years not to mess with cultural changes.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Especially when we literally just saw Halo! Like if that doesn't give you enough pause to look at this with a bit less hype and a bit more careful consideration, then what we are doing here?
I'm on a strictly wait and see for everything to bear out. There's nothing for me to be excited about in the near future. Especially not Halo.

If this turns into an embarrassment of riches for the platform in 2-4 years? Sign me the hell up. I'll be there to buy an XSX.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on a strictly wait and see for everything to bear out. There's nothing for me to be excited about in the near future. Especially not Halo.

If this turns into an embarrassment of riches for the platform in 2-4 years? Sign me the hell up. I'll be there to buy an XSX.

My Game Pass Ultimate runs out in 2022, so I need to see something--anything--from them above and beyond what we've seen since 2018 for me to start stacking more time into the sub.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I skipped out on Xbox this entire last gen so I don't mind waiting a little longer.

This gen was my first ever Xbox--I really enjoyed the hardware, especially the X (I've owned 3 Xboxes now--OG 1, S, and X)--I just stopped using it due to Sony have their exclusives on PS4 and Xbox--and everyone else--having their stuff on PC.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
So are we expecting existing games to appear on Game Pass soon? I'd love to jump into Doom Eternal in the coming weeks!

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
This gen was my first ever Xbox--I really enjoyed the hardware, especially the X (I've owned 3 Xboxes now--OG 1, S, and X)--I just stopped using it due to Sony have their exclusives on PS4 and Xbox--and everyone else--having their stuff on PC.
The OG Xbox and then 360 were my primary consoles. Xbox One put me off enough to just drop it for a gen and get my fill with PS4. Now I'm tied in pretty deeply to the PSN ecosystem so the upgrade to PS5 makes a lot more sense at launch.

I look forward to getting back into Xbox stuff eventually. This gen is obviously way more promising for Xbox stuff.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
I need a picture of Elder Scrolls,Fallout, Avowed and Inexile all trying to be the next gen Skyrim

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
My head cano

They'll make all their money back with a quickness when they have 40 million Gamepass subs.
Yea i was listening to what's good games podcast yesterday and one of the host said they would need like 55 million subscribers or something like that to recoup the cost. They were already at 15 million before the announcement. I won't be surprised if they are near 40 million by the end of next year.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
The OG Xbox and then 360 were my primary consoles. Xbox One put me off enough to just drop it for a gen and get my fill with PS4. Now I'm tied in pretty deeply to the PSN ecosystem so the upgrade to PS5 makes a lot more sense at launch.

I look forward to getting back into Xbox stuff eventually. This gen is obviously way more promising for Xbox stuff.

Yep, if Sony manages to snatch a few big 3rd party IPs to not be completely starved of content by MS, Google, Amazon or Tencent Acquisition, I think XBOX and Sony will have a very equal market share by the end of next-gen and a lot more people will own both systems in the future

After next-gen, everything is kinda open yet due to subscription services being kind of a wildcard still

JohnLennon

May 16, 2020
This may not be as good a deal for MS as some think here.
I honestly don't see a world where this isn't a home run.

1. Studios destined to potentially downsize or close down entirely have been given a second chance
2. Xbox gets 23 development studios making games day 1for their Game Pass service, enticing people to get an Xbox or play their games on PC/Android
3. Xbox now has a treasure trove of golden IPs, adding the likes of Elder Scrolls, Doom, Fallout, etc
4. They now have serious content going into their brand new cloud service as well, further broadening their horizons in terms of global outreach

Curious how you see things!

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
I was pretty bummed yesterday but at this point I figure the time fallout or the new elder scrolls comes outs, which I assume is years away, I'll just bite the bullet and buy the xbox.

I said I would never buy multiple systems because its redundant buy microsoft clearly changed that yesterday

Last edited:

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think that Microsoft paid too much for Zenimax? $7.5 Billion is an utterly ridiculous number.