Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
So it really does seem like it will be next-gen only. I would say that increases the chances of it being on Game Pass for console at the very least due to the smaller number of players on Xbox.

Last edited:

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Please be next gen only
Please be next gen only
Please be next gen only
Please be next gen only

I won't believe it till we get an announcement, even if logically it makes sense now

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is it's setting confirmed actually? Was hoping they return to current era.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Thank fucking god It's Next Gen Only.

I can't wait to see the trailer.

ddc6da2d75323ecfc3ea1e995eaaf333.gif

Sep 29, 2019
We would like to announce that we have more to announce. Stay tuned for other announcements after this announcement! /s

Jokes apart though, i'm excited to see what they are going to bring into the table. And a next-gen experience too, that's great.
Also excited to see how the mobile game will play and look.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Next gen only is great news!

Let's see if Dice delivers. I was very underwhelmed by BF1 and BFV.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
I would be absolutely shocked if this didn't have crossplay tbh.

Between all versions? Yeah I can see that. I am referring more to the fact that sales on Xbox will not be earth shattering all things considered, hence put it on Game Pass to increase the player base on Xbox because the game will have some form of microtransactions.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Curious to see if they will try a Battle Royal again.

Lots of Warzone players that feel burned by all the recent fumblings from Activision are itching to jump ship to BF6 and a potential new Battle Royal. So it'll be a good timing to showcase some of that.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Being made for systems with SDD's + significantly more powerful CPU's means good things.

Frostbite is very CPU heavy iirc and Jaguar really struggled with it last gen, especially with Battlefield.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the gamepass rumors are true as idk if i can convince myself to buy it knowing alot of my time will go to halo and starfield

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
What happened to Battlefield 3 Remastered? Gimme that experience.

Maybe thats what they plan on selling to the PS4/Xbone crowd this year because I dont buy it that freaking EA is gonna ignore a 100+ million user base for their and let their biggest rival eat into it.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Let us see how this new generation works for DICE. Last gen felt troublesome and bumpy for them. I can't complain. I didn't care much for 1 and V because of the settings. But I loved my time with Battlefront 1+2 and BF4. I hope they learned from their past mistakes to also please the hardcore crowd. I also hope we get a new Battlefront game ASAP, because that's way more interesting to me than realistic war settings and I prefer the more arcadey gameplay. I also need more Starfigther Assault.

swnny

Oct 27, 2017
Counterpoint: How can they justify releasing a game in late 2021 / early 2022 for consoles made in 2013?

They being under EA, which is known to be greedy as **** and would take every opportunity to milk the PS4/XBONE installbase. Justification being "we want everyone to expierence our latest and greatest BF game."

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm a HUGE Halo fan and also a HUGE Battlefield fan. I honestly don't know how I'm gonna handle both likely releasing around the same time this fall. And I don't know which I'm more excited about.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Two games of World War has really upped the excitement of a proper next gen Battlefield.

The World War games really lack the insane verticality and density of huge buildings, towers, skyscrapers, tunnels, etc. Plus helicopters, submarines, and boats just feel important too.

bitcloudrzr

Banned
May 31, 2018
Maybe thats what they plan on selling to the PS4/Xbone crowd this year because I dont buy it that freaking EA is gonna ignore a 100+ million user base for their and let their biggest rival eat into it.
How can they justify next gen only? The install base is tiny
Battlefield 4 sales were very lopsided in favour if next gen even at launch, releasing a year out on next gen only makes sense. Even though the previous gen marketshare was massive, people were waiting to upgrade before jumping in. You can even see that with sales of Hitman 3 where PS5 was at 49%.