• Gears 5

• Days Gone

• Fire Emblem Three Houses

• Untitled Goose Game

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Fire Emblem and DMCV are the most notable ones (they're probably number 1 and 2 respectively on my GOTY list), but Luigi's Mansion 3 getting robbed feels downright insulting when Mario Odyssey got nominated in 2017, despite LM3's gameplay and puzzles having the depth Odyssey wished it had.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disco Elysium and Ace Combat 7 for me. For what I've heard of Gears 5, that's a weird omission as well.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
A thread about games being snubbed, snubbing Disco Elysium in the poll

w3hUyFC.gif

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly it's Outer Wilds , as it was also snubbed hard by the OP. But of the thread choices DMC5, followed by Three Houses.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
If we only take in account production values and marketing hype, DMC5 feels like a notable omission.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Those poll options are just as bad as the nominations themselves.

For me I think the lack of Outer Wilds shows that TGA's are more of a popularity contest than anything. Well, other than a series of adverts of course.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem, Disco Elysium and Shadowbringers are my GotY snubs for this year.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
To me Control and Outer Worlds coulve been anything really. DMC5, Fire Emblem, Outer Wilds, Disco Elysium. Out of those, Disco Elysium probably deserves to be on there the most.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Outer Wilds

Also stop trying to make Days Gone happen, I liked that game more than critics but it's not a great game overall, it's great in part but also highly derivative.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Of those listed, definitely Fire Emblem. Not listed I would also include Disco Elysium.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't even played Devil May Cry 5 but it looks so fucking stylish and polished I really don't know how it didn't get nominated over The Outer Worlds.

And I really really liked, maybe even loved The Outer Worlds.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Disco Elysium is so overlooked that it didn't even make this poll. PC-only games may as well not even exist to the console world unless they're multiplayer games which have potential to land on consoles one day.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I really want to see if the hate for Bethesda is strong enough that it can push Outer Worlds to win some awards.

Feels like half the praise is it's an FU to Bethesda and 76.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
I don't care if they are expansions, Shadowbringers and Iceborne. Best two things released this year by a large margin. Out of those listed? Days Gone.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
I really want to see if the hate for Bethesda is strong enough that it can push Outer Worlds to win some awards.

The formula is popular and it's well executed. Yes, the game isn't particularily deep but that's also true of Bethesthas output. It's not like Fallout 3 or Skyrim are doing much that outer worlds isn't (exept for having a bigger budget and thus, a bigger world).

It don't see a conspiracy to spite Bethestha here, just a popular formula being popular. It's not like Obsidian is new to that kind of game either. They've been sucessful with it before.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
From the poll, FE3H, but i really wanted to vote Disco Elysium.

Bethesda can fuck themselves over on their own just fine. Maybe people just actually enjoy more choice driven, dialogue heavy rpgs? No, that cannot be. Its all a conspiracy.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, A Plague Tale.
From that poll, DMC5 (lol Days Gone being on it)
From what I'd guess based on the zeitgeist that surrounded it, Disco Elysium.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Disco Elysium, no contest.

F7nRpxR.png

It doesn't even count as OP's "snubbed games" criteria, despite being the 2nd best rated game of the year.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
The formula is popular and it's well executed. Yes, the game isn't particularily deep but that's also true of Bethesthas output. It's not like Fallout 3 or Skyrim are doing much that outer worlds isn't (exept for having a bigger budget and thus, a bigger world).

It don't see a conspiracy to spite Bethestha here, just a popular formula being popular. It's not like Obsidian is new to that kind of game either. They've been sucessful with it before.

The formula is more what I'm taking aim at, more than a conspiracy.

Outer Worlds itself is nothing new, there's nothing particularly ambitious about it, it doesn't seem GOTY worthy going on what I've read about it.

I just see that it seems to get that extra praise because Bethesda has messed up Fallout the past few years with 4 and 76 and people are wanting Bethesda to take note.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Outer Wilds. The fact that it's nominated for so few awards is baffling.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's crazy Outer Worlds got nominated as the token RPG pick and not Disco Elysium, which is the modern Planescape Torment.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
The formula is more what I'm taking aim at, more than a conspiracy.

Outer Worlds itself is nothing new, there's nothing particularly ambitious about it, it doesn't seem GOTY worthy going on what I've read about it.

I just see that it seems to get that extra praise because Bethesda has messed up Fallout the past few years with 4 and 76 and people are wanting Bethesda to take note.

Literally every game that's well done with this formula was in talks for GOTY exept New Vegas and that's because that game was super broken at release (even Fallout 4 won stuff)

Aside from "linear action game with high production values" the Bioware/Bethestha formula has von the most GOTY's this past two decades.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that Disco Elysium and Outer Wilds aren't even listed in this poll show how snubbed they are

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Probably Fire Emblem for me. It was my game of the year.

Also, was Star Wars stubbed? I thought it was just not eligible. Now that I think about it though, it only came a week after death Stranding.
it was eligible but since no reviewer had enough time to play it at that point, it didn't get nominated.

And because it was eligible this year, it's not going to be eligible next year.
I guess I need to play Disco Elysium and Outer Wilds.

Is Disco Elysium on Gamepass?
No.

It's PC only btw.