• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oculus Quest's demand is in overdrive now, and sellers are rising their price to sell for profit.

5mgWgGL.png

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
I just bought a couple from the Best Buy website no problem. I wonder if they're ramping up stock due to demand.

Mar 23, 2018
Listed at sure, not sure they're actually being sold though. 3rd party sellers can put the price at anything they want

D23

Oct 25, 2017
Love my quest! I get to play pc vr and wireless vr is amaaaaaaaazing.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got my nephew, who doesn't have a gaming PC, an oculus quest for christmas, and my niece and nephew, who are getting a PS4 for christmas, a PSVR. Also gave my best friend in austin my old Windows Dell VR headset last weekend.

Consider me the VR Santa Claus.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here go from the CV1 to the Quest? Ever since I moved into an apartment it's been a bit more frustrating playing VR games, so I've thought about getting a Quest to let me play without having to lug my PC into my dining area so I have adequate room.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got my nephew, who doesn't have a gaming PC, an oculus quest for christmas, and my niece and nephew, who are getting a PS4 for christmas, a PSVR. Also gave my best friend in austin my old Windows Dell VR headset last weekend.

We're getting my nephew a gaming PC for Christmas, but I'm thinking of gifting him an Oculus Quest in February for his birthday. He absolutely loves the PSVR, but it has so many cables and crap attached to it, that it's such a hassle to drag it out for him to play. Seems like the perfect VR system for him, since he can still take it with him when he goes to his mom's place.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah looking pretty grim in the US after some quick browsing.

Still readily available at BestBuy in Canada. I let some friends know that were interested and hoping for a potential post-Christmas sale to just pick one up now if they're interested.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Saw this a Week or so ago, my brother considered selling his 64 gb version but after updating It and shit he just ended up buying a bunch of games for it.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I bought a slightly used one from someone on LetGo for $300 as a gift 🤷🏽‍♂️

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Are they selling well at these listed prices or are these listing stagnating at this price?

There's a difference between listing and selling.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Everytime I see one of these threads I want to upgrade my CV1 to the Quest. :( Stop tempting me damnit!

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Says sold out for me on the Best Buy website.

Seems like everything started going out of stock after Half-Life: Alyx was revealed...

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Happy to hear more people are interested in VR, but I really hope Half Life works well with Oculus Touch.

It'd be a shame if people bought them just for Alyx and the wrist controllers were pretty much needed for the full experience.

Anyone know if Boneworks is any good with the Touch?

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
That game that shadow dropped during the Game Awards, Path of the Warrior, is super fun! Quest is an amazing "console".

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
You can see completed auctions on ebay.

FYDhCZh.png

5RRMtDn.png

AWk0zug.png

etc.
And there it is.

I really hope that source 3.0 is planned to release at the same time because Half Life alone can't sustain sales.

I just finished building my pc today. Tomorrow I'll try to post impressions of the Samsung Odyssey+ because it still is being sold at the really low price I bought it at on Black Friday.

The resalw price for Oculus is so high relatively I hope this is a solid alternative.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Happy to hear more people are interested in VR, but I really hope Half Life works well with Oculus Touch.

It'd be a shame if people bought them just for Alyx and the wrist controllers were pretty much needed for the full experience.

Anyone know if Boneworks is any good with the Touch?
Boneworks doesn't control well anywhere but it's okay with Touch once you get used to it.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017

Oh man... I really want VR myself but need to get a job first and then make the amount of money I have a positive number.

Being an adult sucks. I can dream about getting a quest or something myself though, it can hook up to a PC for vrchat right? That's the main reason I want VR tbh

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Oh man... I really want VR myself but need to get a job first and then make the amount of money I have a positive number.

Being an adult sucks. I can dream about getting a quest or something myself though, it can hook up to a PC for vrchat right? That's the main reason I want VR tbh

You have VR Chat directly on quest, and yes you can hook it to your PC! The setup is extremely easy, you just need to have a working USB3 port and buy good cables.

OP
OP
Arthands

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I thought the Quest could only use games on the Rift Store, or has that changed?

It can also run SteamVR games, its just something Facebook doesn't like to talk about.
Just like how the game trailers on Playstation youtube channel doesn't show other platform logos for multiplatform games.