• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
The Tuesday night YouTube war is legit, AWE vs NWA. Its been a wonderful night for wrestling fans. I hope Dave or Bryan go over these two shows. They both deserve it.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have to imagine AEW signed Mercedes Martinez and just hasn't announced it. They gave her the last prime entrance to the woman's battle royale when they could've put anyone else there.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
The presentation is just fantastic imo and really helps them stand out from everyone else out there right now

Their roster is their main barrier of entry at this point, and the talent pool that's available right now is getting thinner and thinner on a seemingly daily basis

Totally agree on the presentation and of course the roster. It is really starting to become slim pickings out there with so many promotions now vying to lock up as much talent as possible. I haven't been this excited for wrestling since the early 90's when we had so many promotions and choices. Crazy to think that we have:

Monday - RAW/MLW
Tuesday - NWA/Impact
Wednesday - AEW/NXT
Friday - Smackdown
Saturday - ROH
NJPW

We really are at a good point too for those that are sick of WWE that we have so many choices and considering that MLW has been on fire of late, with Impact producingn some decent TV the past year and with NWA and AEW starting out we have options.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's partially a bad match-up thing, then. They need to be careful of how they pair the women up because so many of them are so green that the matches are bound to be bad if you put them together. They definitely could benefit from bringing a few experienced women in (eg Mercedes Martinez) to have at least one solid worker in these matches. Like, Riho and Nyla turned out pretty good even though Nyla is pretty rough at this point.

Yeah, the issue isn't that there's no talent out there, it's that AEW doesn't have the non-joshi wrestlers who can carry people. They could have a damn good division between the joshi, vets like Martinez, and some high-upside signings who are already solid/good in the ring.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a Jon Jones fan now
71670076_2482580895161866_5645819812937465856_n.jpg

yeah because grabbing hostesses by the throat in a strip club and being on the offensive end of a hit and run involving a pregnant woman is better than being into some "nerd shit"

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Watching AEW Dark

CIMA vs. Darby was really good

Isiah Kassidy has got to stop the dumb screaming thing. Or at least do it less often. He's done it like three times in the span of a minute in this tag match.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Just finished bingeing AEW and NWA

Very pleasantly surprised with the presentation of NWA Powerrr, I love the look and feel of everything. I'm not too crazy about the squashes returning but not every first ep can be perfect, and I know they gotta establish their champs as a big deal. I wish they'd treat my man Jocephus better :/ And I liked the main event title match

CIMA/Darby was great and I also loved the 8-man tag. Women's tag went better than expected imo. Worst match of Dark was the main event

I love YouTube matches because unless a promo's given, I just mute everything after entrances. It helped a lot with NWA because I liked the promos and segments, and i didn't have to hear actual Cornette commentary. Same for excessive JR, especially for the women's match

Overall I really think Tuesday is gonna be worth sticking around for, and this extraneous AEW and NWA content is the only stuff I can def commit to seeing weekly no matter what because I'll always be able to spare at least two hours for youtube vids a week

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Darby and Cima was a fun little match. If Darby doesn't fall apart he's going to be a big star.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished bingeing AEW and NWA

Very pleasantly surprised with the presentation of NWA Powerrr, I love the look and feel of everything. I'm not too crazy about the squashes returning but not every first ep can be perfect, and I know they gotta establish their champs as a big deal. I wish they'd treat my man Jocephus better :/ And I liked the main event title match

CIMA/Darby was great and I also loved the 8-man tag. Women's tag went better than expected imo. Worst match of Dark was the main event

I love YouTube matches because unless a promo's given, I just mute everything after entrances. It helped a lot with NWA because I liked the promos and segments, and i didn't have to hear actual Cornette commentary. Same for excessive JR, especially for the women's match

Overall I really think Tuesday is gonna be worth sticking around for, and this extraneous AEW and NWA content is the only stuff I can def commit to seeing weekly no matter what because I'll always be able to spare at least two hours for youtube vids a week

Hearing Tony Schiavone be smooth as butter and not have to repeat shitty WCW lines over and over is kind of amazing. Reminds me of that Beast in the East show where Michael Cole was allowed to actually be an ok commentator.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
New Japan Super Jr Tag League teams have been announced

Tiger Mask and Yuya Uemura
Ryusuke Taguchi and Rocky Romero
Will Ospreay and Robbie Eagles
SHO and YOH
Volador Jr and Titan
TJP and Clark Connors
Taiji Ishimori and El Phantasmo
El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Infer what you will of Dragon Lee being MIA

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
New Japan Super Jr Tag League teams have been announced

Tiger Mask and Yuya Uemura
Ryusuke Taguchi and Rocky Romero
Will Ospreay and Robbie Eagles
SHO and YOH
Volador Jr and Titan
TJP and Clark Connors
Taiji Ishimori and El Phantasmo
El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Infer what you will of Dragon Lee being MIA
RIP

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Hopped on here to read about the overnight fallout from Smackdown and forgot it's not on Tuesdays anymore. This is still going to take some mental adjustment.

However, I may check out this NWA show if I've got some time spare later on.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017

"Emi Sukura"

Can we just start a running count on how many times AEW's social media person has fucked up Joshi names/Twitter handles?

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Nice!

They could have Emi win and be the challenger for Riho. Emi would make Riho look amazing. That way you get a great match and make your champion look good.

Anyway, there are still some good women wrestlers at the Indies: Mercedez should be a priority, they need veterans like her that can make anyone look good; Shanna is another good veteran they could get ( I was under the impression they signed her, but it seems it was just a rumour); Zeuxis would be another great get for that veteran spot; same with Zatara as it seems nothing will happen with WWE.

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Watching NWA Powerrr and this Drake vs Konley match is hilarious because they keep referring to Konley as a kid when he's the same age as Drake

MizneyWorld

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I find Britt Baker to be pretty meh and AEW Dark didn't change that. Worse that it feels like she's being groomed as a women's main event talent.

She always feels like she's in a parallel universe wrestling the same match but like a half second difference from her opponents. Her moves are executed haphazardly mediocre.

The crossface/mandible claw finisher was a nice touch tho...

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Watcher the first 20 minutes of Powerrr. Looked good and felt different. Also first time watching wrestling in 4k and its got such a basic look. Surprised they felt the need to film in 4k, unless they are wanting to try and get it on a strwaming service. I'll watch the rest later.

Loved the presentation of AEW Dark but the greenscreen set is complete crap and low rent. Also why do they cut away to bored looking fans during a match when this has been pre recorded. AEW are already slipping into some Wwe's bad habits. Why on earth was this uploaded in 24fps? It felt very slow compared to how it looked when I watched it through Fite TV.

The first match with Cima and Allen was good. Allen could definately be a stand out.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
First episode of AEW Dark was a blast. Great way to introduce new fans to the rest of the roster in a more timely manner. I think I've been one of the few saying AEW shouldn't rely so much on WCW nostalgia, but if ratings stay they good the old Saturday night slot would be great for something like this.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Darby/CIMA was awesome, the tag tournament preview was a nice light spotfest and the women's dark match was better than I expected going by the chatter. Britt wasn't anything special but I thought Penelope looked great and they each had their own style and moves which I really like. Bea is a great heel. Started off a little tentative but they were moving a lot slicker and snug towards the end, might just take a little time for them to get used to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.