Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I was just about to post a thread on this. Here's some personal accounts.

This will absolutely kill people, on top of all the other awful trans policies being put in place. I have a nice middle class job but I'm still researching the refugee process to Canada, just in case.

What the actual fuck. How does this not make them automatically lose their license.
I promise you, gay marriage is next if he stays president.
They already lost the gay marriage fight forever.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know a couple of my trans friends who killed themselves when this demon got elected because they feared this would happen, a part of me wishes I could join them honestly. Trump is basically going out on a hunt against trans people, giving his followers free licences to harm, abuse, and even kill us by doing all of this. How many hundreds of thousands of trans people will suffer before January 2021, how many more will suffer afterwards even if the Democrats get the presidency and have to spend months if not years getting this shit fixed, or what if they can't fix it at all because the Senate is still under GOP control? Some days it's just so hard to have any hope.

Deleted member 20850

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What the actual fuck. How does this not make them automatically lose their license.

For that I guess you would have to report them. And if you just witnessed massive transphobia to the point where people who are supposed to help you let you struggle by yourself it can be hard to trust in the system enough to believe anything will be done about it.

It also sounds like an extremely traumatic experience so reporting them means reliving it.

That's how I could see them getting away with it.

Ergo Goon

Oct 25, 2017
I know a couple of my trans friends who killed themselves when this demon got elected because they feared this would happen, a part of me wishes I could join them honestly. Trump is basically going out on a hunt against trans people, giving his followers free licences to harm, abuse, and even kill us by doing all of this. How many hundreds of thousands of trans people will suffer before January 2021, how many more will suffer afterwards even if the Democrats get the presidency and have to spend months if not years getting this shit fixed, or what if they can't fix it at all because the Senate is still under GOP control? Some days it's just so hard to have any hope.

It's honestly unsettling and heartbreaking to see how vitriolic Trump and his administration are towards trans people. I'm terribly sorry about the friends that you've lost to this abuse. It was half a year ago when I came out, but this was a very real concern of not only mine but those that supported me. Unfortunately this concern still hasn't gone away.

I feel that a lot of people don't realize how vulnerable trans people are. It's bad enough that social encounters turn into potential minefields, but this administration is trying to take away one of the pillars of support that a lot of trans people need in their lives. These healthcare protections don't just apply to things like HRT and insurance coverage, but any kind of healthcare. It's not an issue that can be overlooked.

Oct 27, 2017
Conservatives need to become open targets.

No more letting them hide back in the shadows after they get what they want. No more of this fellow American bullshit. My colleague bullshit. 33 percent of this country will gladly burn the country to the ground because of their racism, bigotry, greed, etc.

Give me fucking leaders that are ready to actually attack these fucks.

Deleted member 20850

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's honestly unsettling and heartbreaking to see how vitriolic Trump and his administration are towards trans people. I'm terribly sorry about the friends that you've lost to this abuse. It was half a year ago when I came out, but this was a very real concern of not only mine but those that supported me. Unfortunately this concern still hasn't gone away.

I feel that a lot of people don't realize how vulnerable trans people are. It's bad enough that social encounters turn into potential minefields, but this administration is trying to take away one of the pillars of support that a lot of trans people need in their lives. These healthcare protections don't just apply to things like HRT and insurance coverage, but any kind of healthcare. It's not an issue that can be overlooked.

It's also unlikely they will stop until any form of medical or legal transition is abolished and social transition is extremely discouraged. Unless people stand up against it when another step is taken. This would be a good moment to take a stand.

OP
OP
lake

lake

Oct 27, 2017
Trump is basically going out on a hunt against trans people, giving his followers free licences to harm, abuse, and even kill us by doing all of this. How many hundreds of thousands of trans people will suffer before January 2021, how many more will suffer afterwards even if the Democrats get the presidency and have to spend months if not years getting this shit fixed, or what if they can't fix it at all because the Senate is still under GOP control? Some days it's just so hard to have any hope.
Big mood.

Unless people stand up against it when another step is taken. This would be a good moment to take a stand.
If not now, what's it gonna take? Seriously, this thread almost didn't make it to this third page. Was dormant for a day.

I am alarmed and scared. And I'm not even the worst off, being white, in a blue state, and with enough income to cover food/shelter and the basics. Far too many of our brothers, sisters, and none of the above are already far worse off, and that's before these motherfuckers came to strip away every single federal trans-specific protection that stood between us and inhumane abuse.

This is fucked. We don't deserve this. No one does. If cis people care they need to have our fuckin' backs, now. Fire drills are over. The fire's started.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Big mood.

If not now, what's it gonna take? Seriously, this thread almost didn't make it to this third page. Was dormant for a day.

I am alarmed and scared. And I'm not even the worst off, being white, in a blue state, and with enough income to cover food/shelter and the basics. Far too many of our brothers, sisters, and none of the above are already far worse off, and that's before these motherfuckers came to strip away every single federal trans-specific protection that stood between us and inhumane abuse.

This is fucked. We don't deserve this. No one does. If cis people care they need to have our fuckin' backs, now. Fire drills are over. The fire's started.

Honestly not surprised at the lack of response. There's an endless history of ignored plights that trans people face. Era by and large doesn't care to discuss issues that face the trans community. As for why most don't care, that's up to interpretation.

Like I said earlier, to Dem leadership trans people are acceptable losses. Able to be compromised away. This seems to extend to a non insignificant portion of the base. As much as some on this site pride themselves on being progressive at times, it's overall far more centrist than that reputation speaks.

Last edited:

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Big mood.

Honestly, I don't know if there is a limit to how much we would have to endure before people really came in and had our backs on any issues related to the discrimination that we face. It's not that people are in favor of it, but that they just don't care because it doesn't affect them or anyone they know. It's out of sight, out of mind and they want to keep it that way. I've had conversations with people in the past, and people have directly said that they don't think about it even when it's in the news, to the other end of "Trump is making me money so I'll vote for him again" when directly confronted with the realities of what they do to not only us but other minorities too. People can be so profoundly selfish, and it's so disheartening to see every time an issue like this pops up

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I don't know if there is a limit to how much we would have to endure before people really came in and had our backs on any issues related to the discrimination that we face. It's not that people are in favor of it, but that they just don't care because it doesn't affect them or anyone they know. It's out of sight, out of mind and they want to keep it that way. I've had conversations with people in the past, and people have directly said that they don't think about it even when it's in the news, to the other end of "Trump is making me money so I'll vote for him again" when directly confronted with the realities of what they do to not only us but other minorities too. People can be so profoundly selfish, and it's so disheartening to see every time an issue like this pops up

This reminds me of a quote:

CyS3RTgUoAA8owD.jpg

Dec 28, 2018
The Trump administration is filled to the brim with some of the most vile and evil people in the world. These pieces of dog shit need to go asap before they can cause even more harm.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Honestly not surprised at the lack of response. There's an endless history of ignored plights that trans people face. Era by and large doesn't care to discuss issues that face the trans community. As for why most don't care, that's up to interpretation.

Like I said earlier, to Dem leadership trans people are acceptable losses. Able to be compromised away. This seems to extend to a non insignificant portion of the base. As much as some on this site pride themselves on being progressive at times, it's overall far more centrist than that reputation speaks.

Kindly don't take this is as a whataboutism but if you looked at the response thread to terrorist attack in Sri Lanka it will become clear that not all issues resonate as vehemently as it should. I think it comes down the demographics of the userbase here.

As a straight, grey dude, I can never empathize with the plight of a transgender person. Heck, I don't even think I fully comprehend the nuances of gender beyond knowing that it is a complex aspect of human life, which is different from sexuality, and that needs to be viewed as such instead of pigeonholing people into rigid binary classification and discriminating against them to the point of murder because they don't fit someone else's (in power) regressive values.

But all that said, what else is there to do than to protest and vote to preserve the progress made through myriad small steps and sacrifices? The ugly truth is the minority populations are more valuable as pieces of propaganda (progressive or regressive) to stir the masses because, by definition, in a democracy, minority cannot enact changes for the better if the majority are at best complacent or at worst, turned against them. Suffice it to say, while dems can definitely afford to lose trans vote, speaking purely in terms of numbers, it would be strategically foolhardy to not energize the more decent population of the country by holding Republicans publicly in contempt for their regressive stance and simultaneously galvanizing the struggle of trans folks including the basic right to simply exist and be granted equal protections under the law.

Last edited: