BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Republicans are going to destroy everything, even more than they have, on the way out. A stimulus isn't coming because they want to fuck over Biden.

Biden will work to fix everything but he won't be able to do it "fast enough" and the media will rally behind the GOP's next "Smart Trump" like Tom Cotton or Hawley. We're doomed to this shitty cycle and I have no fucking idea how we break out of it.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Weren't people saying this kind of thing back in 2016 too? Are we all being set up here?
It was true then too, and for the same reasons: Republicans know that Trump is an amoral racist sexist fascist moron, and that him having any amount of power is a catastrophe, but they are too cowardly to do anything other than run the world's quietest whispering campaign behind his back, and even then, they will only do that when they think he's going to lose. They think he's going to lose now, and they thought he was going to lose in 2016. They snapped back into line in 2016 the moment he won. If he somehow wins this year, they will be backing him as loudly as they can one picosecond later.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Weren't people saying this kind of thing back in 2016 too? Are we all being set up here?
They're hedging their bets. Appear to be distancing so if he loses you can say you didn't fully support him and if he wins you can point out all the ways you supported him.
But given how much early voting is happening I find this whole idea of moving away from Trump now hilarious. It's too late!

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Good luck with that. Some of the GoP that didn't fully kiss Trumps ass might have a chance but the ones that did are fucked.

Nov 1, 2017
I recall the initial reaction from Republicans to Trump running from President was that they too thought it was a joke and there was a lot of mockery of him, then they realized he became the favorite of most right wingers so the tuned changed very quickly when it was clear he was their best chance of winning the presidency. In 2016 he had the advantage of more people underestimating that he could win.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
One can only hope

ImprobableIcyIsabellineshrike-size_restricted.gif

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Republicans in 2016: Yeah you go. Do whatever you want Donny, fuck everyone.
Republicans in October 2020: I didn't really know the guy.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Senate Republicans blaming their fortunes on Trump and not on, you know, themselves for not voting to impeach him is definitely a take.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I have a feeling the GOP have created a decent number of people who will never even consider voting for a Republican after the way they've behaved the last 4 years.

As others have mentioned, the fact they're still going to confirm ACB and aren't actually speaking out in public about Trump just shows how spineless they are.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Trump has to lose in a landslide and also crush down-ticket Republicans. After that, everyone needs to always, always remember that these assholes followed Trump through all four years. Not a single one of them took strong action against his leaderships or rhetoric. Even Mittens and a few others that spoke out did so in about the weakest of voices imaginable and essentially never took action. The only real action I can recall is McCain's thumbs down on the ACA repeal.

The GOP controlled Congress for the first two years of his term and they never gave him his wall funding, I guess right? Although he eventually got the "down payment" bill after that and the SCOTUS approved the reallocation of some DoD funds.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
They'll distance from Trump because they got what they wanted;

Tax Cut for the rich
Lifetime judges rammed through
3 SC court seats
Undermine democracy at every turn on an executive level

Now they'll line up a "smart" Trump type candidate for 2024.
They'll try but without the cult or personality that Trump has there isn't a lot of hope for the GOP honestly, remember their last big candidates along with Trump were Rubio, Cruz, and Jeb Bush. Not exactly glowing with charisma there.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
All of these spineless assholes need to go. Dropping Trump at this point won't help you. It's too late. You were complicit with everything the Orange fascist said and did the last 4 years.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Within a month from elections and now is the time they thought it would be to distance themselves? They must have really put all their eggs into resurfacing stuff from biden's children

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You know most people will forget or ignore that fact. Republicans are gonna regroup and restart the talking points and people will follow. I hope a significant portion of people have realized what the right truly is but I doubt it. Hopefully atleast young people see it and it pushes them left.
It should be noted that the internet has grown bigger over the years so it should be harder in general to get away with lies for politicians

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
It should be noted that the internet has grown bigger over the years so it should be harder in general to get away with lies for politicians
You're kidding right? The lies have been mainstreamed. Fox News is driving people like Alex Jones out of business by mainstreaming the conspiracy theories and outright deception. You just claim the facts are lies, the lies are truth, and move on 1984 style.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
This is why Impeachment is good, if Trump actually tumbles in popularity get all the Senators on record defending him

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Let this sink in: He's still, even after all the fuckery of the past four years, more popular than those ghouls by and large.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I think the poster is pointing out that Obama didn't really do much to end Republican corruption or make them liable for their actions. Though I also think the original post wasn't referring to that by ''mess"
Oh...right. Well, It really will be a repeat of us crawling out of an absolute shit show the same way Obama did after Bush.