• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

I heard your cries and requests, so I have got my first Vast Look into the PS5 BC level of performance. Want to know about Sekiro, Days Gone, Jedi Fallen order, Ghost Of Tsushima and more, this is the video for you. And what about that The Last Guardian ;-)

Part 2 will be up shorty as split up to get info to you as quickly as possible, more to cover and discuss yet. Be sure to leave your requests of BC tests below in the comments.

If you enjoy the content on the channel and site, then please consider sharing it where possible and appropriate and if you can please support my work on Patreon:-https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2632056 Thanks For Watching. Please Like & Subscribe and leave comments below Follow on twitter :- https://twitter.com/N_X_G

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
The main reason I want a PS5 tbh, as incredible as games like Demon's Souls and Miles are

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
9c8fffca8d9238135ee7ef66702bd9de.jpg

GiganticCarefreeBlackpanther-size_restricted.gif

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Lots of people were wondering about Fallen Order ... it's good to see it's a locked 60 in 1080p mode. A patch to unlock framerate at 4K would be nice, but I guess that might be a lot to hope for.

OP
OP
chandoog

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Some notable examples from the video:

AC Unity:
Original disc version without patch is mostly 60 FPS with some drops. 99% of game play locks at 60 FPS with heavier drops during cut-scenes

1c6ji4.jpg

Until Dawn:
Game ran with an unlocked frame rate, now mostly 60 FPS, averages 58 FPS or above but can have some drops to mid 50's.

2urjub.jpg

Days Gone:
Received a patch for 60 FPS, seems to stick to it extremely well. No other enhancements, resolution and visual effects are the same.

3dpkqw.jpg

The Last Guardian:
Now runs at a pretty solid 60 FPS.

4tck45.jpg

Ghost of Tsushima:
Received a patch to run at pretty much locked 60 FPS at 1800p CB.

599jvp.jpg

Sekiro:
Fully locked 60 FPS.

6ejk4k.jpg

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
Runs at fully locked 60 FPS, but dynamic resolution drops can sometimes drop resolution to below 1080p (but frame rate never buckles)

7jakmq.jpg

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Please patch your 1st party games to allow this if you have the power...

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like NXG said it doesn't matter what mode you ran TLG, it was still basically a locked 60 for him.

TLG doesn't have modes, the only way to get better performance was to limit your PS4 Pro to 1080p in the system settings and even if you point the camera at the floor, you're never getting more than 30fps however you play the game.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I've just fired TLG back up on my PS5 - Running at a locked 30 in 4k. Dropped it down to 1080p at a system level... Exactly the same... NXGamer - How?!?

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I'll take dynamic resolution all day if it means stable 60fps on backwards compatibility.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Wow replaying PS4 games on PS5 will be a great experience.

The Last Guardian, Daysgone, Ghost of Tsushima all running at a locked 60 FPS.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
NXGamer Bloody great and meaty video. I have two comments pertaining to visual quality of captures:
  • Some PS5 BC titles look notably darker than their PS4 counterpart in side-by-side comparisons. Reminds me of Xbox 360 vs PS3 versions of the same titles feat. two different gamma settings
  • SWJFO capture had these, almost interlacing, artifacting. I assume there was some form of resolution mismatch.

NXGamer what resolution were you running TLG at to get it to 60 FPS?

In the video, he says that it's the 1800p (fidelity/resolution) mode.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Not if you set the resolution to 1080p
He's saying this isn't the case In the video
NXGamer Bloody great and meaty video. I have two comments pertaining to visual quality of captures:
  • Some PS5 BC titles look notably darker than their PS4 counterpart in side-by-side comparisons. Reminds me of Xbox 360 vs PS3 versions of the same titles feat. two different gamma settings
  • SWJFO capture had these, almost interlacing, artifacting. I assume there was some form of resolution mismatch.

In the video, he says that it's the 1800p (fidelity/resolution) mode.
Yeah I listened again now trying to understand how this happened

Oct 30, 2017
Does that mean TLG high-resolution mode despite struggling to hit 30fps consistently, was actually running unlocked?!

EDIT: apparently it's higher than 1800p and more like 1900p!