• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 5, 2017
This is the same launch time overclockers.co.uk has posted on their forums.
It lines up with times stores in EU are giving out for when GPUs come available for orders.
I think that confirms was was mentioned before - 2pm BST/9am EST?

I guess it is good that there is consensus among a broad range of people, that must mean 6am then. Especially if Nvidia themselves are saying 6am...

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Alternate.de got their first listings: RTX 3090 TUF for 1599, RTX 3090 TUF OC for 1629; 3080 is 759 and 788 respectively

No pre-orders obviously
PcComponentes (Spanish site) also added today some RTX 30 series listings:

Tarjetas Gráficas 【Nvidia y AMD】 ► PcComponentes

Tarjetas gráficas de Nvidia y AMD al mejor precio. Compra tu gráfica y recíbela en 24 horas y comienza a disfrutar de los mejores gráficos en videojuegos.

Nov 5, 2017
EU stores getting updates for the new cards and I am still waiting for at least one big US store to refresh their site for the new cards...I know, I know....1st world problems...but still....

Oct 27, 2017
I like the IO on the Aorus though, and what a massive cooler.

9MweCMO.jpg
Sweet baby jesus. Good thing I have a large case lol

Oct 28, 2017
Man the 10GB thing is STILL being nitpicked? LMAO. But you all can clearly see a several years old modded PC game requires 40GB in 8k, so checkmate.

padlock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It won't. Or at least not before RTX2080Ti hits VRAM limitations. The memory bandwidth of the RTX2080Ti is 616GB/s. On the other hand, the memory bandwidth of the RTX3080 (thanks to GDDR6X) will be 760GB/s. As such, the RTX2080Ti will be the first GPU that will be bottlenecked in 4K.

As for HardwareUnboxed's 4K video, here are the memory bandwidths of the RTX2080 and GTX1080Ti.

RTX2080: Memory Bandwidth -> 448GB/s
GTX1080Ti: Memory Bandwidth -> 484GB/s

So yeah, from the get-go we knew that the GTX1080Ti would perform better in 4K (at least when it comes to more demanding VRAM games). That's not the case this time with RTX2080Ti and RTX3080.

Thanks for the response. So it looks like for games that are bandwidth limited, the 3080 should be about 25% faster than the 2080TI.

What kind of workloads are generally bandwidth limited? I'm guessing that ray tracing is probably more shader limited, whereas very high resolution textures would require more memory bandwidth (and physical VRAM). Is that right?

Oct 31, 2017
The demand for 3080 at launch is going to be absurd and I was starting to have my doubts about grabbing one too.

I contacted one of the small online stores at my place and they told me they can't accept pre-orders but they will block and keep one 3080 in stock for me in advance :D

Sept 17th can't come soon enough now.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
EU stores getting updates for the new cards and I am still waiting for at least one big US store to refresh their site for the new cards...I know, I know....1st world problems...but still....
Launch is still days away and some vendors are probably still deciding on their final pricing.

Next week probably most stores will have their listings up.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Pro tip, pick a couple of AIB models to choose from.
So that if you don't get your 1st choice you're able to atleast buy your 2nd or 3rd choice.

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
Going to get me a 3080 next year. I wonder if my i7 7700k can keep up though, because Id rather not exchange everything the same year. I know its a bottleneck, but as long as the cpu isnt what keeps me under 60fps once i get the 3080, then im good for a while at least.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Box.co.uk added listings for RTX 3090 and RTX 3080 cards.

Most listings don't have a price yet but the ASUS TUF models have prices and are the same as NVIDIAs MSRP.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
The demand for 3080 at launch is going to be absurd and I was starting to have my doubts about grabbing one too.

I contacted one of the small online stores at my place and they told me they can't accept pre-orders but they will block and keep one 3080 in stock for me in advance :D

Sept 17th can't come soon enough now.
yeah, I already resigned myself that I won't be able to get one until Spring 2021.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
iiwpo9r7lxk51.jpg

OMG this is ridiculous haha. At that point, just add 1 more slot to install CPU & RAM and you have a PC that is just a GPU.

With the 3090, you mount the GPU on the motherboard or do you mount the motherboard on the GPU?

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
One of my cousins who's generally knowledgeable about computer hardware said that he doesn't see what's a big deal about any of this pricing (as it's not a good deal).

Seem like he's way off here?

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
iiwpo9r7lxk51.jpg

OMG this is ridiculous haha. At that point, just add 1 more slot to install CPU & RAM and you have a PC that is just a GPU.

With the 3090, you mount the GPU on the motherboard or do you mount the motherboard on the GPU?
The angle in that picture makes it look wrong, an ATX mobo is 9.6 inches long, the 3090 is is 12.3 inches long for nvidia ver, and it won't be any longer than 13-4 inches or so for that AIB model. But that picture makes it look like the motherboard is half the length of the 3090.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
The angle in that picture makes it look wrong, an ATX mobo is 9.6 inches long, the 3090 is is 12.3 inches long for nvidia ver, and it won't be any longer than 13-4 inches or so for that AIB model. But that picture makes it look like the motherboard is half the length of the 3090.
It's a mini ITX mobo.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

That's a mini-ITX board

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who builds a very moderately-capable computer every 5-7 years, this is going to land me some sick upgrades in the fall. My computer is pre-Ryzen so it won't take much to completely overhaul for sub-$500.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Going to get me a 3080 next year. I wonder if my i7 7700k can keep up though, because Id rather not exchange everything the same year. I know its a bottleneck, but as long as the cpu isnt what keeps me under 60fps once i get the 3080, then im good for a while at least.
You will be fine. Overclock the cpu for more performance. I know the 7700k overclock very well.

padlock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope AMD releases details about big navi before the 17th. If the rumors are to be believed, big Navi could have significant advantages over the 3080 with respect to power efficiency, memory bandwidth, amount of VRam and rasterization performance.

On the downside, it would probably trail in ray tracing and won't likely have anything like DLSS.

Normally, I would just wait before more details were known before making any decision, but all the talk of supply shortages might be triggering my FOMO.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I hope AMD releases details about big navi before the 17th. If the rumors are to be believed, big Navi could have significant advantages over the 3080 with respect to power efficiency, memory bandwidth, amount of VRam and rasterization performance.

On the downside, it would probably trail in ray tracing and won't likely have anything like DLSS.

Normally, I would just wait before more details were known before making any decision, but all the talk of supply shortages might be triggering my FOMO.
I feel like the only way they have a VRAM advantage is if it's just in quantity i.e. it uses GDDR6 and not 6x. Additionally if they are aiming for $550 and reduced the price from $600 to that like the rumour from today suggested then it's likely gonna be sitting between a 3070 and a 3080 in terms of performance as well as price. They wouldn't decide on going from $600 to $550 of it was faster than the 3080 as at $600 it'll still be cheaper than 3080.

Techno