Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Ha-ha, on point!
At least this feature is available even on my GTX 970 (did not tried it yet)
Paging Dictator for DF video šŸ˜œ
Almost nothing to cover imo. Ultra low latebcy Mode was already in the driver by being able to Control the number of Pre-rendered frames, and, afaik that is what the Option does on AMD and now on NV. Not too interesting, just more casually named for the casual User.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
My 1440p FH4 fps went from 93 to 100-107 with everything maxed. GPU at 92-94% instead of 98+%

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
image.png

giphy.gif

Came in to check for this. Glad it's not just me.

Kareha

Banned
Jun 15, 2018
United Kingdom
Almost nothing to cover imo. Ultra low latebcy Mode was already in the driver by being able to Control the number of Pre-rendered frames, and, afaik that is what the Option does on AMD and now on NV. Not too interesting, just more casually named for the casual User.

Ask them why the fuck Integer Scaling is locked to Turing other than them being a set of greedy fuckers. Surely even my 980Ti can handle that?

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GPU Integer scaling for Turing GPUs
Well played, dipshits.

One reason to make this a Hardware Solution is it's faster than Software. Yes they can add this to previous cards via a driver update without recieving the speedup. At least I'm happy we get Integer Scaling now, it being built in is really nice though.
Lol wut. Currently used scaling uses .000001% of gpu (since voodoo1) and integer is even less demanding.

Oct 28, 2017
Well played, dipshits.

Lol wut. Currently used scaling uses .000001% of gpu (since voodoo1) and integer is even less demanding.
The performance was already explained to me, didn't think it was bad in the first place though. Already explained I was a tad irrelevant being general about why Hardware. Regardless Nvidia is blowing smoke out of their ass.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Been trying to decide between a 5700 xt or 2060 super for my husband's 4k TV, and this seems to have tipped things in favor of Nvidia. Where can you even get a normally priced one these days tho? D:

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
I just dotted Driver only and was able to continue.

Edit: It seems the this driver auto install Geforece Experience even if you select driver only. I tried reinstall using Driver only selection again, the clean installation option and it still installed Geforce Experience. That's messed up. How they overlook this in testing.

I'm convinced that's intentional. No biggie, though. I just uninstalled it afterwards.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Sounds good but I'll let others test it first. Big updates are cool but more likely something has been broken.

Oct 27, 2017

Even the Ultra setting? They say in the docs just turning it on is equivalent to setting pre-rendered frames to 1, but that Ultra also submits the frame to the GPU at the last possible moment.

Oct 28, 2017

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because it's garbage?

Their CP is terribly dated and since 2008 they haven't done jack shit to improve it.
Garbage? Really? Get out of here with that stupid hyperbole. It does exactly what it's supposed to do and it blends into Windows just fine looking like Win32 application. Not everything needs to be overdesigned for style over substance.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
And here I thought I'd be good with my GTX1080ti for another year but if looks like I'm being cornered in to getting a 2080. I have waited due to the ludicrous price and the fact I've only had my current card like 13 months.
Other than these new features, is it worth upgrading to a 2080 I wonder. Or maybe I should just wait for the next card line and skip over the 2080. Decisions, decisions...

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Does any of this mean anything for the average 1080p60 gamer on, you know, normal GPUs or is it just a whole lot of nothingness as always?

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
Garbage? Really? Get out of here with that stupid hyperbole. It does exactly what it's supposed to do and it blends into Windows just fine looking like Win32 application. Not everything needs to be overdesigned for style over substance.
If you're using XP, sure.

It's incredibly slow, looks laughably dated, and poorly organized. Coming from AMD's control panel it's absolutely archaic.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
I don't care about the look, but the nvidia control panel always felt really sluggish to me
it is sluggish, and applying any changes always results in a random 1-5second hang for me(and has been that way across multiple generations of GPUs and windows installs). I've taken to using Nvidia Profile Inspector most of the time because it's just plain less painful to use than the NCP even for basic stuff.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
And here I thought I'd be good with my GTX1080ti for another year but if looks like I'm being cornered in to getting a 2080. I have waited due to the ludicrous price and the fact I've only had my current card like 13 months.
Other than these new features, is it worth upgrading to a 2080 I wonder. Or maybe I should just wait for the next card line and skip over the 2080. Decisions, decisions...

As an owner of a 2080, I recommenced waiting for the 3000 rtx cards in 2020.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't you set max prerendered frames to 0 like 10 years ago on Nvidia cards? Then they changed it to the lowest you could set it to was 1.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Cool thanks. Oh I didn't know they were next year ahhhh!! I guess I can wait another year. I'd love to have a new one for the Cyberpunk 2077 release the most

I am only assuming they're coming next year. I personally would wait and see how next gen consoles fair and then buy a new GPU maybe after those are announced?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Cool thanks. Oh I didn't know they were next year ahhhh!! I guess I can wait another year. I'd love to have a new one for the Cyberpunk 2077 release the most
If you're playing at 1080p, you're probably good to wait.

If you're playing higher than that...I mean, wait for the inevitable benchmarks of 1080Ti performance in Cyberpunk, Borderlands, Control, etc. and decide if what you see is good enough for you. If Cyberpunk is what you're looking to have a good experience in, waiting 6-10 months for Nvidia to release a new GPU won't help you, you know? You'll be done with Cyberpunk by then. Get what you need to run the games you want to play at the performance level you desire.

Why did they pull it? Get a 404 every time I try.
A bug that removed the option to deselect GeForce Experience.