Dec 30, 2020
WTF why can people not just accept people's word for what's going on with their body? It's none of their god damned business.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the article makes me think that she was being harassed in multiple ways, and the motivation is more likely to be bigotry or some other form of general malice rather than any obsession with a physical quirk. The article is trying to hone in on an element of the harassment to present it as a comical story, but it's not even the only point of body shaming described.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Reading the lawsuit. The alleged sexual harassment came from other women, two of Jamaican descent and one African American.

diaspora wars at an assisted care facility, it's really a free for all at those type of worksites. Barely better than high school nonsense
a god damn shame
i still think about infamous post(s) that go like "the meanest person you knew/know is a nurse"

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the article makes me think that she was being harassed in multiple ways, and the motivation is more likely to be bigotry or some other form of general malice rather than any obsession with a physical quirk. The article is trying to hone in on an element of the harassment to present it as a comical story, but it's not even the only point of body shaming described.

Yeah, it's definitely a case of the article writer focusing on one particular aspect (especially that title) for clicks. The actual lawsuit itself is linked in the article and is a better read, honestly.

TrubbleFrog

Feb 23, 2018
That's got to be a nightmare knowing you've got to go in everyday dealing with that sort of nonsense bullying. Hope she gets fuck you money from this.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
even if it WAS fake, what makes people think you can just harass someone over it? wtf?

hope she gets a nice payout

Given the racism she was also enduring (being told she shouldn't be able to have her position because she's Haitian, and being told she doesn't look Haitian), they clearly thought of her as a lesser person, if they thought of her as a person at all.

olubode

Oct 28, 2017
Reading the lawsuit. The alleged sexual harassment came from other women, two of Jamaican descent and one African American.

diaspora wars at an assisted care facility, it's really a free for all at those type of worksites. Barely better than high school nonsense
Once I saw the name of the plaintiff, the type of work the plaintiff was in and that this was in NYC, I fucking knew it was other black women that harassed her.

Oct 25, 2017
This was filed in the Supreme Court of New York as well. Seems like the City district would make more sense for something like this.
Courts can be confusingly named, especially when the state, county, and city all share the same name. Plus New York (state) does things weird, from Wikipedia: "The court is unlike courts with the name "Supreme Court" in nearly all other states, because in New York the Supreme Court is a trial court and is not the highest court in the state. The highest court of the State of New York is the Court of Appeals."