Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I'm torn between this being actually creepy and it feeling like "they're no angel" dirt dug up to cancel a sexual harassment victim

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
CW means Content Warning. A warning of the type of content to expect from the post so that anyone who just doesn't want to view it or perhaps is in an environment where that stuff might not fly can not bother with it.

Pedophile "adjacent" would be something that can't strictly be catagorized as pedophilia but is still close enough to trigger similar reactions from people.

Thank you.

Content Warning & just covering my bases with the "adjacent" because some people will fight to their last breath to not consider this pedophilia.

Thank you.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
It's telling that you're showing me this and the only thing I can say is "....So?"

Anime is an industry and medium that fetishizes and glamorizes the fetishization of little girls. All you've demonstrated is a female anime fan going the other way. It's creepy as fuck, yes, but it is also par for the course.

So I see a good number of people dragging this out and screaming "PEDOPHILE", all pretty much right after the Mike Z thing blew up, and I can't help but feel like you're either coming at this in bad faith or you're being duped by people coming at this in bad faith.

Jun 2, 2019
(UO___O)7

Seriously the fuck is up with people, sometimes i forget that lolicons/shotacons are a thing that unironically exists.

If you draw something to look like a child, it's a child.

Unrelated to the discussion (Really) but i disagree

How old would you say this characters are? (Using official anime art) Think carefully before opening the spoiler
saint_seiya_shitajiki_by_juni_anker_dcn0ifw-pre.jpg

The older one, Ikki, in the back, is 15 yo, the one in front and main character, Seiya, is 13

This forum has this strange lack of imagination that makes people not being able to understand art styles, like, i have read a lot of people here saying that the villager in Animal Crossing is a kid
c95d9fbd3f68fb6f336f218fc2505445.png

When he/she is actually a functioning adult

So I see a good number of people dragging this out and screaming "PEDOPHILE", all pretty much right after the Mike Z thing blew up, and I can't help but feel like you're either coming at this in bad faith or you're being duped to freak out over this in bad faith.

When i saw the thread it made me think about this, actually. It's too convenient

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
(UO___O)7

Seriously the fuck is up with people, sometimes i forget that lolicons/shotacons are a thing that unironically exists.

Unrelated to the discussion (Really) but i disagree

How old would you say this characters are? (Using official anime art) Think carefully before opening the spoiler
saint_seiya_shitajiki_by_juni_anker_dcn0ifw-pre.jpg

The older one, Ikki, in the back, is 15 yo, the one in front and main character, Seiya, is 13

This forum has this strange lack of imagination that makes people not being able to understand art styles, like, i have read a lot of people here saying that the villager in Animal Crossing is a kid
c95d9fbd3f68fb6f336f218fc2505445.png

When he/she is actually a functioning adult

Theres a difference between ambiguously vague and unclear drawings and characters specifically designed in detail to look and evoke a character under the age of ten.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
Even in that Mike Z convo she detailed the kind of people/ groups she regularly interacts with. I'm not surprised at all.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like this person should be seeking treatment.

It strikes me that a lot of these online communities can become places for people to attempt to normalize what are actually fairly serious mental disorders.

Jan 10, 2018
I'm one of those people that gets creeped out by people using the term "waify" and "husbando" with a straight face so this is some next-level bizarro for me.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
It's telling that you're showing me this and the only thing I can say is "....So?"

Anime is an industry and medium that fetishizes and glamorizes the fetishization of little girls. All you've demonstrated is a female anime fan going the other way. It's creepy as fuck, yes, but it is also par for the course.

So I see a good number of people dragging this out and screaming "PEDOPHILE", all pretty much right after the Mike Z thing blew up, and I can't help but feel like you're either coming at this in bad faith or you're being duped by people coming at this in bad faith.

Stop trying to excuse and normalize this shit. It's disgusting. This does not take away from her accusations against MikeZ.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
It is scary how many people still use "well, the legal age of consent in japan is 13" as an excuse even though it's wrong.

Jun 2, 2019
Theres a difference between ambiguously vague and unclear drawings and characters specifically designed in detail to look and evoke a character under the age of ten.

I mean, you're not wrong, like that 10000 years old dragon trope, but it's also true that, depending on the athor, some manganimes can be very ambiguous just for the sake of it.

Sometimes is fun to find inverse versions of said trope. This is from the same anime as before (Saint Seiya), this character is Saori Kido
b18672125c24311ed8fece8e27d8379b.jpg

She's 13 too

Why can't people just watch Anime and not fetishize kids??

Interesting data: Most people don't, but anime fans are stigmatized because of the shitty pedophiles

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I was gonna ask wtf OP meant by "platforming" her. She was harassed and there was a thread about it because of the relevance of the Skullgirls designer. I fail to see how this thread is not an attempt to "debunk" her even if OP put in the obligatory "this doesn't change her harassment" phrase.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm torn between this being actually creepy and it feeling like "they're no angel" dirt dug up to cancel a sexual harassment victim
I know what you mean. This feels gross. Of course it doesn't change what MikeZ said in those DMs, but it still could influence how people view those allegations. But then again, should we ignore that Bunny Ayumi does seem to support pedophilia? Some people like myself had never heard of her before the MikeZ drama, so the allegations would necessarily put more eyes on her, so this shit was bound to come to light.
I don't know the right answer here. I kind of wish I'd never heard about either of these people.

OP
OP
Hexcalibur

Hexcalibur

Jun 24, 2020
I wasn't an alt, there was a misunderstanding

Anyway

What is the point of vague stuff like this? Are we supposed to not talk about this stuff?

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
yeah, those girls definitely have a universe of her own inside their head, anime is a mistake.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
Imagine saying "drawings don't have an age" with a straight face and then having in your bio "All characters are depicted 18 years of age or older. "
BCFuqym.png

Fuck Mike Z, fuck Ayumi and fuck Greatm8
Oh yeah, the "totally not an underage character™" is depicted to be 18yo only for this time having their underage body.

Reminds me of this image on the kym page of "seems legit" :
4b225ksk.png

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Stop trying to excuse and normalize this shit. It's disgusting. This does not take away from her accusations against MikeZ.

We want to talk about the grander issues of the anime industry, we wanna start dragging lolicons and shotacons left and right, we can. I'm fine with that.

I'm simply not losing sight of the fact that the only reason this is being brought up now with her is to drag and cancel her for her accusations.

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Big yikes if you have a sexual fetish for either an adult character drawn as a 10 year old or a 10 year old character drawn as an adult.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even in that Mike Z convo she detailed the kind of people/ groups she regularly interacts with. I'm not surprised at all.
Yeah what do all of you think H-art communities means? What do you think those communities are full of?

People playing dumb about the prevalence of this stuff in hentai and other rule34 content, despite the obvious popularity of hentai and rule34 artists here based on the threads created here fairly regularly, is extremely transparent. Like someone made a thread about Sakimichan being racist a few weeks ago, people were being all disappointed by that, and she draws art of underage characters regularly. Her fucking profile picture was a pinup of one of the students from Persona 5.

Anyone who has ever been to a hentai website has seen shit like this. It's gross and harmful and it's everywhere on the internet. Stop pretending to be shocked.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018

Ah right, we shouldn't criticize sexualising children because everyone does it and also someone else did something bad too. Got it.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Shota's been a problem in the anime community for decades. I knew some crazy fangirls back 20 years ago who were super into it. It tends to avoid larger discussion because the fans involved in that scene are generally women and girls, so through societal mental gymnastics it's considered "harmless" in sorts and there's more leeway to engage in it.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
C9FxkxnU0AEnhDP.jpg

But seriously though, I love anime (well, some anime) but I'd stay clear of anime fandoms, it tends to bring out the weirdest/creepiest shit in people.

OP
OP
Hexcalibur

Hexcalibur

Jun 24, 2020
We want to talk about the grander issues of the anime industry, we wanna start dragging lolicons and shotacons left and right, we can. I'm fine with that.

I'm simply not losing sight of the fact that the only reason this is being brought up now with her is to drag and cancel her for her accusations.

Like I said, I'm active in the community and the only reason I know who she is because a cosplayer I follow that got bullied for doing a Nezuok cosplay as a black woman talked about her when it happened.

I said multiple times that this shouldn't take away from Mike Z being a monumental piece of garbage. Should it just never be brought up lol?

This ain't even a year old and she says shit like this on the regular.