• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Headline will be "Switch ends up the best selling console of 2018 in the US above PS4" or something like that
even worse: "Xbox One outsells PS4 in crucial month of december" that kind of stuff
nothing really surprising for people here who follows charts on a daily basis

Oct 26, 2017
How are KH3 and RE2 tracking in the US if anyone knows?

Both are tracking pretty ehhh in Japan apparently, but the US is obviously their main region.

Oct 26, 2017
How are KH3 and RE2 tracking in the US if anyone knows?

Both are tracking pretty ehhh in Japan apparently, but the US is obviously their main region.
They're already out?! Wow, that's a lot sooner than I was expecting

How well did the last console Kingdom Hearts do? This one is probably doing better than that. Can't comment on the Resident Evil 2 Remake

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In a left-field move, Kaz Hirai went through US stores putting PlayStation stickers on Nintendo Switch boxes, making them effectively members of the PlayStation Family™.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Yeah, 2M+ headlines would not be something he would need to review his data for, right? It was the conservative estimate he gave us.

More newsworthy from his side would be a 2.5-3 million result!

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Idk if things will play out exactly how my data says it will honestly. November and December are the most difficult months of the year to be sure of.

But IF it does?

Chaos reigns

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
We'll need to wait until the Oct-Dec reports from Sony and Nintendo to know who moved more consoles worldwide during the calendar year 2018.
Yeah, those reports will available in 3 weeks from now.

edit: in general, for Sony and Nintendo we don't need data from NPD, MC, etc. to know about HW shipments/sales, since all that data is public in their reports.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
February 15th is going to be a bizarre day.

Crackdown 3
Metro Exodus
Jump Force
DOA6
Far Cry New Dawn

It's time to have 5 B tier releases on the same day I guess?

This is also the same day that Anthem releases for people who pay extra money and Anthem could overshadow these five... Or Anthem could fuck up its own hype like Battlefield 5 did.

I don't think these staggered releases make sense, but we'll see.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Only situations that "Chaos reigns" would imply is that Switch isn't the top console in December, or that one of the other two consoles are much lower than expected.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Idk if things will play out exactly how my data says it will honestly. November and December are the most difficult months of the year to be sure of.

But IF it does?

Chaos reigns

Ok, so it's not like you reviewed your data and realized you made some massive error and are now reevaluating everything.

Cause otherwise, "my tweet was very vague so I'll just post an even vaguer post directly on the forum"....tease.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine that "Switch beats both the PS4 and the X1 combined in the biggest December of the generation" would fit the bill.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No I didnt review data and think I made an error

You have to remember I have a lot of followers on Twitter that dont sit and read my forum posts.

julian

Oct 27, 2017

You have to remember I have a lot of followers on Twitter that dont sit and read my forum posts.

Gotcha. The hiding in bunker part made it sound like maybe that, but then your post just seemed like you were trusting your data and it will be a bloodbath.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Right, I believe this is the other tweet you made about the subject:

I thought you had tweeted about the 2M+ prediction as well, but you hadn't, so that changes my earlier comments, of course.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I havent changed my projections at all

But IF it plays out how it looks on my end? What I've already shared here is going to get crazy headlines once its official

Hell you had people already making YouTube videos just about my prediction. If that turns out to be the actual case? Yeah its gonna get wild

Jan 1, 2018

But IF it plays out how it looks on my end? What I've already shared here is going to get crazy headlines once its official

Hell you had people already making YouTube videos just about my prediction. If that turns out to be the actual case? Yeah its gonna get wild
Thanks for the insight. Official results can't come soon enough. Both NPD and Nintendo's IR

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Is your 'crazy headlines' prediction mainly about how well Nintendo is doing?

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is your 'crazy headlines' prediction mainly about how well Nintendo is doing?

It's a few things

One being Nintendo so high
The other......well I'm cautious to talk about it because it's one of those things that seems unlikely on the surface but might happen

But yeah, idk always cautious using my data to state things for 100% certain

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a few things

The other......well I'm cautious to talk about it because it's one of those things that seems unlikely on the surface but might happen

Xbox ahead of PS4?

neroxyr

Nov 14, 2018
It's a few things

Switch not breaking the 2m+ barrier?