After the demoshave actually been played, will you buy Anthem?

• Yes

Votes: 326 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 873 49.0%
  • Not at launch, but will see about later on

Votes: 582 32.7%

• Total voters

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Had a disappointing Beta weekend with Anthem really bummed out because a few mates are looking for something new to all play together, then Aprex rolls around and I have forgotten about my Anthem woes.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Probably no. I kinda like it, but I don't think it will be much for me, just like Division. Wanna see how much actual content is in there and how it runs on consoles first of all and then watch some things on endgame. After that, maybe.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
I played for the first two missions. Didn't enjoy it. I probably won't buy it, especially since the division 2 is coming out right after anthem. I know that it gets better with the Storm, but I really didn't like the shooting. The menu design was bad and sluggish.

I tried several beta/free weekend for other games before and they usually push me to buy those games (like BFV, OW). I also played Destiny 2 for free because of PS+ and I like it because the shooting felt good.
But this is really the first demo/beta that push me away.
And the problem is not about the bullet sponge enemy. I played the Division and I thought I like that game.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I tried it and while I found the combat ok, it wasn't enough to overcome the poor storytelling and out of suit interactions at the base. And the jet pack has a limit meter.

Not for me at this time.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the game was pretty bad.

Got over the novelty of flying pretty fast, big world but you spend most of the time flying from point a to b and that makes exploration nearly non existent, not that there would be anything to explore, the world just seems huge to allow you to fly, it never felt like it was packed with secrets or anything like that. Free roam felt dead.

I didn't like combat either, guns look and feel stale, and from what I experienced the combo system is pretty much "wait til your team mate uses their ice ability and then use your lightning ability" = COMBO. Enemies are dumb as hell, and they were hard to spot too, and I guess that make up to the poor enemy a.i at higher difficulties they just cranked up their shields and made them having pinpoint accuracy at ridiculous distances and angles.

Getting loot didn't feel intuitive or exciting, you grab these tiny little colorful orbs then wait til the end of the mission to see if you got anything worthwhile.

Also, content was not really compelling, when I was told that that "stronghold" is gonna be end game material when the game launches I laughed because I thought my friend was joking, turns out he wasn't. Shit wouldn't even pass as a "strike" in Destiny.

oh yeah, and I didn't care for anything that was happening or being said, and the first person perspective in the tower felt horrible.

game felt like a 2014 game or something. pretty trash.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
No.

EA needs to give up forcefully launch games that aren't ready. This right here is an example on how it's not ready for prime time.

As much as I love Bioware and found gameplay fun, I can't stand the performance issues and how the game designed around... Dialogues and voice acting are terrible and I can't been to be invested into the storyline

I'm buying Metro instead

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
I had some really terrible experiences with the demo (Stronghold mission glitched out, getting disconnected during freeplay and losing 1hr of loot/exp) but I still came away pretty excited for the game. The focus on PvE (I hate pvp) and abilities, the flying, the scifi shit, I love everything about it. I had my reservations at first because the fort was awfully dull to explore, and the loading times were annoying, but both of those things have been fixed for the full release (at least according to the devs) so I'm cautiously optimistic.

I got a good deal on the game so I'll be digging in at launch. I hope this will scratch that Mass Effect itch.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Will wait for feedback on the story, hoping they inject the world with some mystique because currently it feels so small.

As for the gameplay, I see myself playing for a weeks if it doesn't hook me, I'll come back for the Taken King edition in a year.

But I gotta say, JohnOfMars raises some valid concerns.

notme2020

Dec 3, 2017
Even with the crashes that had during the demo last weekend I still had a great time playing as a Stormand I'm buying the game day one.

Sponged

Oct 29, 2017
I was on the fence but apex has totally blew me away and will be the game I'm sinking time into for the next couple of months along with auto chess, so who knows I may get it eventually but it isn't looking likely anymore.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Absolutely not. Frostbite has killed the game for me.

While we have games like AC Origins and Odyssey that built colossal and immensely detailed open worlds that you can literally fly all the way across at insane heights with no loading screens, Anthem clearly had similar goals in pre-production but thanks to Frostbite it has flight ceilings preventing you leaving the canyons and forests you fly through, limited flight time presumably so you don't move too fast for the engine to keep up (I see no good reason to include it otherwise - it's a "no more fun" meter), and the loading screens in this game... holy crap they are everywhere and they last long enough that you can brew yourself a tea/coffee.

It's a pretty game, but it's the wrong engine for the gameplay they aspired to create. Maybe next gen EA will allow their devs to use engines that fit their design goals, rather than crippling them like this.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, but it's coming with my new GPU.
Will at least give the story another try now.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
I cancelled my pre-order, will wait for in-depth reviews. I am concerned about the technical issues and if the game is just fun. The world and gameplay felt very bland and repetitive after playing the private and public demo. I like the Javelins very much and the movement. The world looks and feels the same, i hope they have different biomes. And getting a higher rarity of loot does not look or feel very different. I really hope the games succeeds, but my gut tells me this will be a game that will be at its best after a year and a half.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
No. I had reservations leading up to the demo, and playing the demo left me with even more reservations.

This is pretty much where I'm at, I'm trying the 10 hour Origin Access trial but doubt it will change anything.

Will wait to hear impressions from end game stuff and keep an eye out for new updates in the future to see if it gets major improvements but for now it's a no.