Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wrestlecon, which is right next to the Collective venue

Last year DDT and Itoh did an Ironman Battle Royal at the Penis Party, running the same time as Part 1 (which also didn't have the clusterfuck). Whereas the Clusterfuck didn't even start until 2 in the morning or whatever bs on part 2

Having it be at a reasonable time right there with no conflicts makes it a possibility

ah yeah

it'll also help that they won't have to wait for ROH shit to end this time

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
At the risk of being dragged for wanting it is there a comprehensive list out there of wrestlers with 2020 calendars out there? I'm pretty sure I could find it on Reddit but that place is a hellscape. If I can get a calendar for my home office without having to navigate Reddit or spend two hours surfing Twitter/Instagram for Shopify and Etsy links I am gonna call it a win.
Yeah just look at some wrestlers your interested in's Twitter

Ones I know I've seen:

Jordynne Grace
PROGRESS
Medusa Complex

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

13K6f0H.jpg

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dave continually defending Cornette on his message board is just so sad... At least I'm getting joy out of seeing him getting smacked around by his board members for using whataboutism and comparing this incident Orton.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
At the risk of being dragged for wanting it is there a comprehensive list out there of wrestlers with 2020 calendars out there? I'm pretty sure I could find it on Reddit but that place is a hellscape. If I can get a calendar for my home office without having to navigate Reddit or spend two hours surfing Twitter/Instagram for Shopify and Etsy links I am gonna call it a win.
The TJPW calendar is really good and it's split into two parts: the actual month and the pictures of the wrestlers.
So you can have the Pom Harajuku/Haruna Neko/Mahiro Kiryu picture up all year.

eGV1s3V.jpg

plagiarize

Unfurling New Wings
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
What's this about Mercury?
Kelly Klein got fired (technically they're refusing to renew her contract which is up soon) by ROH because she vouched for Mercury's criticisms of the company.

Which she did, in part, because he was the one who recognized how serious her concussion was, and made sure she made it home safely, even though he's quit ROH shortly before then.

They claimed Klein was 'unethical' in how she handled this.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Kelly Klein got fired (technically they're refusing to renew her contract which is up soon) by ROH because she vouched for Mercury's criticisms of the company.

Which she did, in part, because he was the one who recognized how serious her concussion was, and made sure she made it home safely, even though he's quit ROH shortly before then.

They claimed Klein was 'unethical' in how she handled this.

Thank you.

Typical ROH...

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
How possible is it that ROH is dead by a year from now? I'm really struggling to see how they can maintain a business with the emergence of AEW, another zombie rebirth of Impact, MLW, plus their terrible PR going on, hemorrhaging talent, pathetic attendance figures, and dying relationship with NJPW. I get they have huge financial backing but like, who is going to work for them and who is going to go to their shows?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
How possible is it that ROH is dead by a year from now? I'm really struggling to see how they can maintain a business with the emergence of AEW, another zombie rebirth of Impact, MLW, plus their terrible PR going on, hemorrhaging talent, pathetic attendance figures, and dying relationship with NJPW. I get they have huge financial backing but like, who is going to work for them and who is going to go to their shows?

I legit don't understand how or why they still exist. running off fumes from the elite/new japan relationship but with both of those things over and their big signings from last year nearly free (marty, pco, bandido). can't imagine they're still alive in a year, honestly.

I know it's to fill in TV for sinclair but they could probably play random shit from the public domain and draw more viewers than roh tv

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I legit don't understand how or why they still exist. running off fumes from the elite/new japan relationship but with both of those things over and their big signings from last year nearly free (marty, pco, bandido). can't imagine they're still alive in a year, honestly.

I know it's to fill in TV for sinclair but they could probably play random shit from the public domain and draw more viewers than roh tv

Just think about how much the landscape has changed in the last year.

-AEW now exists and is a strong #2 promotion in the US.
-Impact is stronger than they were a year ago.
-NJPW is barely working with ROH now, and plans to increase their US expansion next year.

At best, ROH is on the level of a MLW or NWA and with all the terrible PR and loss of talent, it wouldn't be a surprise to see them continue to fall off. At this point, I can't see how they can climb out of this hole with so much other stuff emerging and surpassing them, not to mention the freefall their image is taking.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Just think about how much the landscape has changed in the last year.

-AEW now exists and is a strong #2 promotion in the US.
-Impact is stronger than they were a year ago.
-NJPW is barely working with ROH now, and plans to increase their US expansion next year.

At best, ROH is on the level of a MLW or NWA and with all the terrible PR and loss of talent, it wouldn't be a surprise to see them continue to fall off. At this point, I can't see how they can climb out of this hole with so much other stuff emerging and surpassing them, not to mention the freefall their image is taking.

How many viewers would an ROH YouTube show get? 50,000? This is where we're headed.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
American promotions with more regular buzz than ROH:

- WWE/NXT
- AEW
- New Japan USA
- Impact
- NWA Powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
- GCW off the power of Spring Break alone. More hype from any PPV where the fucking king Nick Gage does his thing. Gage is more over than anyone in ROH
- MLW

ROH is #8 at best. fucking miserable position.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Cornette's response on his podcast is to blame AEW fans for being sensitive and "Ethiopian jokes where the shit back in the 80's".

NWA is probably best without him because he cant even book himself out of this with a basic semblance of self awareness

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The most hilarious part about ROH's downward spiral is that many of the big movers and shakers responsible for making AEW were employed by either them or NJPW just last year. The fact that no one at Sinclair realized they could have a real money-maker on their hands if they just threw a bit of extra cash around after All In is really baffling (though I guess all the shit surrounding the failed Tribune acquisition might have kept them from doing to much even if they wanted to).

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know how Vince Russo used to be everywhere with his opinions until he we ignored him into irrelevance? We should do that with Cornette.

Well actually this fucking industry should've done it 10 years ago, but c'est la vie.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
You've finally crossed the line...

What's happening with TJPW tonight/tomorrow? I've still got half a show to catch up on.
Rika Tatsumi is gonna defeat Sakisama and bring back Hyper Misao through that.
Pom is pinning Miyu Yamashita.

Full card:
1 vs 2 Handicap Match
Miyu Yamshita vs Haruna Neko & Pom Harajuku

Mizuki & Yuki Aino & Mirai Maiumi vs Yuna Manase & Yuki Kamifuku & Mahiro Kiryu

Maki Itoh & Raku vs Hikari Noa & Mina Shirakawa

Misao vs Suzume

Sakisama vs Rika Tatsumi

Yuka Sakazaki & Shoko Nakajima vs Miu Watanabe & Nodoka Tenma

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Rika Tatsumi is gonna defeat Sakisama and bring back Hyper Misao through that.
Pom is pinning Miyu Yamashita.

Full card:
1 vs 2 Handicap Match
Miyu Yamshita vs Haruna Neko & Pom Harajuku

Mizuki & Yuki Aino & Mirai Maiumi vs Yuna Manase & Yuki Kamifuku & Mahiro Kiryu

Maki Itoh & Raku vs Hikari Noa & Mina Shirakawa

Misao vs Suzume

Sakisama vs Rika Tatsumi

Yuka Sakazaki & Shoko Nakajima vs Miu Watanabe & Nodoka Tenma

Can't believe you won't be there to see Pom finally go over Miyu in person.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
So Cornette's response on his podcast is to blame AEW fans for being sensitive and "Ethiopian jokes where the shit back in the 80's".

NWA is probably best without him because he cant even book himself out of this with a basic semblance of self awareness

Blaming another promotion's fans for your mistake is the worst excuse ever. And here I thought Cornette had the most integrity, and he ends up being the most carny (meta, but Cornette enjoys the carny style too much).

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

Dudes like Cornette and Meltzer don't want to accept that the 80's were a long fucking time ago and times change. They need to accept that's like someone from their day saying blackface was cool in the 40's so whats the problem?