• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Had to go to Lowe's and I saw over 50% of people with masks on, and people were generally spatially aware. Hopefully a sign of improving behaviors.
People in Lowe's seem pretty good for the most part. I haven't been in weeks but even early on most people were pretty distanced. I was waiting for a walmart pickup order and jesus fuck that place needs to be quarantined in itself. So many families just walking in like it's nothing. They really need to get on these stores asses about implementing procedures of limiting customers and stuff. If I have to step into a store I'm going to my local supermarket. The owner is very vigilant about cleaning, is taping lines everywhere to make people aware of the distancing.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
Btw, who started that trend against wearing masks? I always ignored that nonsense, so I'm quite curious of who it was... Was it the WHO? The CDC?
WHO, everyone latched on to it. They underestimated the number of asymptomous carriers and argued masks don't protect the wearer properly (that was the never the goal of mandatory mask use though, it's to protect others). All experts latched to it.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
People in Lowe's seem pretty good for the most part. I haven't been in weeks but even early on most people were pretty distanced. I was waiting for a walmart pickup order and jesus fuck that place needs to be quarantined in itself. So many families just walking in like it's nothing. They really need to get on these stores asses about implementing procedures of limiting customers and stuff. If I have to step into a store I'm going to my local supermarket. The owner is very vigilant about cleaning, is taping lines everywhere to make people aware of the distancing.
Oh! That reminds me that the safest grocery store in our area is our local Asian grocery store - they take your temperature at the door, every worker wears masks, and there's never lots of shoppers (unfortunately due to the stigma 🙁).

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Also, the govt and CDC need to clearly communicate proper use of masks and gloves. I think their reluctance on recommending was probably because people would think it makes them invincible. I saw people getting into their cars with gloves on, constantly touching their masks. You touch your car door handle with dirty gloves then next time you get in you just contaminated yourself.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
The jury is still out on whether or not it is airborne. And densely populated areas in particular use public transport en masse

It has been proved to circulate in the air for much further in artificial air conditioned settings, like in hospitals and in an article south China post published about how it can easily travel much further in enclosed settings like public transport and buses, so yes in that type of setting it can circulate around entire places and spaces multiples times before burning out.

But everyday out and about airborne long term that's something that is currently not proven at all and if it was, then we might as well pack up our bags and call off society and get used to living on the streets alongside tens of millions of other because of complete economy collapse. That's some walking dead shit, horrificall. WHO studied 75,000 cases in china and what is proven is that the virus is very very infectious via areosol based transmission on top of a whole other boatload of ways to get it.

Since no lockdown could even mitigate it being air based and that and tens of millions will die. We are extremely lucky it isn't an airborne disease.

Oh and for those doubting treatment drugs, yeah don't look to american funded big pharma. Trump won't do shit about that until the US is declared a disaster zone. Thankfully eu countries, China and U.K. is stepping up to save many lives.

Anti viral treatments should work quite soon on a wide scale. Many, many are in trials.We cannot just oh well and continue without ANY sort of effective treatment. Countless lives depend on i.

Last edited:

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017

Exact opposite experience here. The people in Lowes were fine, but only because Lowes was less crowded, but the workers were taking 0 visible precautions. Normal 2 foot distance at check out. The lady even got something caught in her throat, and joked about not having Corona. Night and Day from walmart where they were sanitizing carts as you came in, and check out stations as you went out.

Yes, though the Local grocery store is 1000% better. They've even installed a plastic barrier between you and the cashier as of my last visit.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
And the US has broken the 300k mark (as far as confirmed cases go). That's, roughly, 85k more than the entire city of Porto for example. Insane.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
The jury is still out on whether or not it is airborne. And densely populated areas in particular use public transport en masse

yeah, I seriously doubt the Virus is not airborne. We have reports from Covid clusters forming just from people meeting in a conference room with dozens of people getting infected from that one meeting. unless they did an orgy in that room they got it from airdrops.

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017
Is this accurate?

UtgH7v0.png

Missouri is now full state finally

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, I seriously doubt the Virus is not airborne. We have reports from Covid clusters forming just from people meeting in a conference room with dozens of people getting infected from that one meeting. unless they did an orgy in that room they got it from airdrops.
Or you know, the common thing people do in big meetings. Shake hands when they come in.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Bulletin for the
French situation:
68605 confirmed cases + 4267 in 24 H
In hospitals:
28143 hospitalized + 711 in 24 H
6838 in intensive care + 176 in 24 H
5532 dead + 441 in 24 H

In care homes:
21348 confirmed cases
2028 dead

for a total of 7560 deaths in France for Covid-19
covid0404cwk4f.png

hospital graphs:
covidcare_hosp0404r9k1q.png

increments (hospital)
covidtable040433jmo.png

note: we have report people are playing stupid once again this afternoon. School Easter holidays started, weather was sunny, temperatures raising to summer-like, and a lot of "fake exercise" (leaving the house multiple times in the day for an hour or more, to walk around in the sun along the parks with families etc) are reported.
It's probable the hard work will be completely obliterated in a week.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018

This has nothing to do with doubt.

I have yet to see definitive and convincing research, which has been agreed on by scientists to be the most likely case of what is happening. That is the horrendous thing about this virus, we are still learning. And so I'm withholding judgement because I simply don't know.

Also, while I understand that everyone jumps on the airborne part, it is the whole not avoiding close contact that goes on my nerves.

Supermarkets and subways are not some new kind of phenomenon.

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
www.fox35orlando.com

Florida coronavirus cases top 10,000; death toll rises to 170

Orange County now has 602 cases in the state.

Over 10k cases in Florida and 589 in Orange County.

Testing sites are only limited to 250 people and closes just hours if not minutes after opening. What's worse is they only provide test to people who only shows symptoms after removing the restricting to only test the elderly.

Yeah the numbers are bs in Florida imo, I think I had it but couldn't get tested since I didn't have a fever. Worse part is that even though I'm isolating at home I still have to go to work since I never got a test done.

Turnbuckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Yeahhh my daughter asks me when everyone will not be sick anymore. :(
My son was really sad because he left a toy (stuffed crayon) at his pre-school and we can't get it back. He was so worried his toy would catch the Coronavirus and die.

I told him not to worry. Toys don't get sick and they can't die.

Then he hit me right in the feels last night. I was in the bathroom with him while he was going potty, and he said:
"you know what I wish for, Daddy? I wish I was a toy. I wish you and mama were toys too. That would be nice, right?"

I laughed and asked him why.

"Because then we can't catch the Coronavirus and we won't die. I'd like that wish to come true."

It was about 3 weeks since his school closed and I forgot about that conversation. He's been holding onto that idea/hope/fear this whole time.

I just hugged him and told him It'll be ok. Then he asked me why I was starting to cry.

😔

Last edited:

NHale

Oct 25, 2017
Stop people from dying

That would mean an antiviral that kills the virus which is the only way you stop people from dying from this since it's the virus that causes the reaction that lead to death.

And if somebody finds that cure we would be returning to normal as soon as possible which I'm not optimistic because the most realistic way to find an antiviral is to develop one, which means years of lab study, years of testing and clinical trials. The only hope for an antiviral saves the day is that an actual drug that exists right now can work against SARS-COV-2 because we could skip all the years of testing and start using them asap.

Plum

May 31, 2018
If I can't not go to work in a week's time (I'm going to be asking if I can use my leftover holiday days to try and avoid the peak a bit longer) will an FFP2/N95 mask be enough to adequately protect me whilst I'm working?

My shifts aren't any longer than 5 hours and if I buy a pack of 3 I'll be able to decontaminate each one for my three weekly shifts, but I'm just worried about how effective they are during the shifts themselves.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so obnoxiously paranoid about my body with this stupid virus out. Wondering if I've got it or if it's just my allergies. I've had this really weird feeling in my throat for like three days now. The last couple days it was only at night but today I'm feeling it a lot sooner. My nose gets a tiny bit runny too. I don't have to cough but I do some sometimes on purpose just to temporarily relieve the feeling on the right side of my throat. It almost feels like a pressure. I don't have a fever or any body aches but I'm still kinda worried. Someone help!

kess

Oct 27, 2017
even more than 50% since some days. but i guess they only test when symptoms, so not really representing overall population...

edit: looking on daily ratios

I suspect that this thing is going to fester long after NYC's peak as it works its way inwards. Looking at you, Pennsylvania.

Jan 31, 2018
Colorado coronavirus skeptic gains new perspective after being hospitalized with it

SOUTH FORK, Colo. (KDVR) -- You've probably heard someone say it at this point: the coronavirus is being blown out of proportion by the media, especially because more people die from the flu.

Clint Johnson of South Fork, Colorado was one of the many people who felt that way.

"I just didn't take it serious. I just thought it was something media was coming up with to distract us from something," Johnson said.

However, Johnson's perspective changed when got the coronavirus himself.

He's now sharing his story with others hoping others don't make the same mistake he did.

"It's like the flu times 10. You don't want to do anything. You're just completely miserable. I've never been that sick before," said Johnson.

kdvr.com

Colorado coronavirus skeptic gains new perspective after being hospitalized with it

SOUTH FORK, Colo. (KDVR) — You’ve probably heard someone say it at this point: the coronavirus is being blown out of proportion by the media, especially because more people die from the…

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly but it's slightly out of date. Alabama is now in a statewide lockdown and Iowa is trying do something.
Missouri is now full state finally
I'd also say Georgia and Florida are inaccurate. They may technically have a lockdown order, but Georgia opened their beached back up yesterday and Florida didn't lock down their beaches or churches with the lock down order, and both states governors are telling local areas that they have to follow state rules so aren't letting them lock down things even if they want to.

If the beaches and churches are open you might as well count them as merely locked down in part of the state.

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

If virus was airborne (and no confirmation on that, only many confirmation that is not airborne) we would have it already unless you leave a isolated farm.

Think about it, how come people that lived with infected people are testing still negative?

52club

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to be a cynic, but it is really hard to avoid the racial angle on the states that refuse a lock down. In the US it seems to be more dangerous/deadly for minorities.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Some positive news from Georgia, our new cases and deaths are down.

I hope this continues because we need some good news.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
If virus was airborne (and no confirmation on that, only many confirmation that is not airborne) we would have it already unless you leave a isolated farm.

Think about it, how come people that lived with infected people are testing still negative?
Low viral load taken in by them, meaning they don't have enough of it to get it. Or they are screwing up on the testing.

4Tran

Nov 4, 2017
Some positive news from Georgia, our new cases and deaths are down.

I hope this continues because we need some good news.
Generally the only people being tested are those who are hospitalized so any positives give you a snapshot of who got infected about two weeks ago. So if Georgia didn't institute some sort of effective isolation orders those two weeks ago, then any decreases are either statistical blips or just an indication of poor testing. For Georgia, it should get worse and worse until the numbers peak in late May.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Generally the only people being tested are those who are hospitalized so any positives give you a snapshot of who got infected about two weeks ago. So if Georgia didn't institute some sort of effective isolation orders those two weeks ago, then any decreases are either statistical blips or just an indication of poor testing. For Georgia, it should get worse and worse until the numbers peak in late May.

I have no doubt that you're right, but like I said, our citizens need some good news right now.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017

kdvr.com

SOUTH FORK, Colo. (KDVR) — You’ve probably heard someone say it at this point: the coronavirus is being blown out of proportion by the media, especially because more people die from the…
"I just thought it was something media was coming up with to distract us from something," Johnson said.
Stupid stupid people. Like really stupid.