MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017

It yet another display of tremendous tennis between the rivals, Novak Djokovic outlasted Rafael Nadal on Friday to advance to the final of the French Open.

The top-seeded Djokovic won 3-6, 6-3, 7-6, 6-2. He will next face Stefanos Tsitsipas, who beat Alexander Zverev in five sets earlier Friday, in the final of the Grand Slam event on Sunday.

After trailing 0-2 in the fourth set, Djokovic rattled off six consecutive games to halt Nadal's quest for a record-breaking 21st Grand Slam title.

Nadal, a 14-time winner of the French Open who turned 35 last week, fell to 105-3 in his career at Roland Garros.

It was the 58th matchup between the rivals, more than any other two men in the sport's professional era. Djokovic now leads 30-28, but he trails 10-7 in Slam meetings and 7-2 at the French Open.

www.espn.com

Djokovic drops Nadal in classic at French Open

Top-seeded Novak Djokovic ended Rafael Nadal's quest for a record-breaking 21st Grand Slam title with a 3-6, 6-3, 7-6, 6-2 victory in the semifinals of the French Open.

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
🤮🤮🤮

Gonna be learning some Greek recipes for Sunday as I root on Tsitsipas

OP
OP
MIMIC

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I'm so fucking happy. My friends hate Novak and they have a tennis match today and I'm going to be so obnoxious lol. I have my Djokovic shirt ready and everything.

It's MY time ^_^

I don't even care if he loses Sunday He has a zillion other chances to get the record. THIS win was for his legacy.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
too bad novaxx djo-covid is an asswipe on and off the court

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There should be rules against posting news that's so bad tbh.

Oh and for good measure, yeah, fuck Djokovic. He could end up with 30 slams but his "legacy" will always be that of a raging little shit.

Time to be an honorary Greek for a day Sunday!

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
He will be firmly be the No. 1 player of all time when all of this is said and done
Very easy to say atm but things can change very quickly could win the final then not win another slam while Fed (very unlikely) and Nadal pick up another. Tsitsipas could just win the final too many variables

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
there is literally 0% chance that tsitsipas will win the final.
He ran Novak close last year, also played a very close match in Rome, personally I don't think he will because the occasion of being in his first grand slam will be too much. However he does have the game to trouble Novak when all is going well

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That third set was insane, the level of tennis we have been seeing from the big-three will be unmatched in our lives.
This is def true.

How can the "next" (already approaching their 30s lol) generation be so pathetic in comparison. I don't understand how there's such a huge dropoff in talent and quality.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i think when in a few years all said and done he'll have an even better argument for GOAT men's tennis player than he does now, especially since he is likely to get over 20 slams and pass federer.

yes, i am counting out federer, who will be 40 in two months and just withdrew from the french open.
we'll see what nadal does in the twilight of his career though.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Let us all pray that Tsitsipas will do what Stanimal did back in 2015 by defeating Novak in the finals who beat Nadal.

OP
OP
MIMIC

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Very easy to say atm but things can change very quickly could win the final then not win another slam while Fed (very unlikely) and Nadal pick up another. Tsitsipas could just win the final too many variables

Even so, Djokovic will be the favorite going into Wimbledon, the US Open and of course the Australian Open. He has chances everywhere whereas Nadal primarily just has the French (and Federer is pretty much done). The odds are in his favor.