• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2017
Meh...I loved DS, but I don't think it really needed a sequel.

That said, knowing Kojima's past experience... I guess he must have something interesting to add if he wants to go on with it.
I think the neat part about this IP is that is can largely be a blank slate. It can be whatever it wants to be so long as it sticks to some story themes.

If they want to give the protagonist a mech, or let players build their own roads and cities, or have an ever changing map, or whatever.. they can do it.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I think the neat part about this IP is that is can largely be a blank slate. It can be whatever it wants to be so long as it sticks to some story themes.

If they want to give the protagonist a mech, or let players build their own roads and cities, or have an ever changing map, or whatever.. they can do it.

Same here and I really love the first one. I think the world and lore itself will be the connecting factor. A post-apocalyptic series with an emphasis on rebuilding. Gameplay-wise, I think the options are wide open and I'd love to see all kinds of wild shit to happen in that aspect.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Down for a sequel. Never forgetting the ERA member going all in for the hype by ordering everything Death Stranded related including the PS4 Pro bundle but then canceling when early reviews were 7 and 8s. 😆

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

Agree with this.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really nice how sincerely hyped he is for this stuff. His genuine passion about what Hideo + team showed him back at the beginning is so infectious.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I never thought of it that way. Well put.

However I do feel that the core game design DNA of the game is the hiking and traversal mechanics, so I doubt they'll be going anywhere – even though you can slap anything else on top of them that you like.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Meh...I loved DS, but I don't think it really needed a sequel.

That said, knowing Kojima's past experience... I guess he must have something interesting to add if he wants to go on with it.

Exactly where I stand.
I loved DS and yet I didn't want another.

But then Kojima has never made sequels that were just more of the same, even when he had to work on the sequels he didn't want to make.
Him wanting to make another DS as a free developer must mean he thinks he has something relevant to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.