• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
.... First abandoned ship I've found...

That's a lot of shit to repair... So... If I "buy" it can I just keep using my current ship and slow repair the new one to eventually switch to it?

8CM2vnf.jpg

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Despite playing this game for nearly 100 hours, I never got the Atlas Pass V3. And now I think I might be screwed. Polo no longer recognizes me having any milestones left to process so now I can't process any farther down his reward path. According to the guides online, my next one was going to be the Atlas Pass V3.

After something like 5 or 6 hours in NEXT on my PS4 Pro I finally had a crash.
I was wondering about this too. I was *so* close to completing all of their requirements. But nOOooOooOoooo

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up the game last night, haven't gotten time to try it out yet but can't wait. Wanted something different and this seems that it will fit the bill.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Just discovered you can transfer stuff from your person to either your storage containers or freighter from anywhere. But yet you still can't transfer to your ship if you're too far away. Whatever, I'll take it. Always, always running out of room.

Also not sure if there's still some kind of memory leak on PC but I just had to log off after having traveled a bit because performance took a complete nose dive no matter where I went.

edit: yeah, reboot completely fixed the issue.

Last edited:

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Guess that's what I'll have to do. I still can't warp in it after repairing the frigate.

I was hoping to do warps in the freighter because of inventory space. I can just send warp cells to freighter and not have them or the components taking up space in my inventory. I guess that's impossible though?

Well, you could just instantly put them in your warp drive or send them to your freighter and the refuel your ship while on board the freighter I guess.

.... First abandoned ship I've found...

That's a lot of shit to repair... So... If I "buy" it can I just keep using my current ship and slow repair the new one to eventually switch to it?

8CM2vnf.jpg

If I were you, I wouldn't bother repairing it all the way, instead of finding a NPC with a good but perhaps slightly worse ship to trade with for. Saves a lot of time and hassle. That ship has pretty damn good value due it's potential cargo space size so you might be able to get a pretty good ship for free including A or S classes.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Started a new game today to see if the crashing is related to my old save file. Thought I was in the clear after about 2 hours and was really getting into it. Excavating these alien ruins to build my base around... and it crashed. So I still have yet to play a session in this game without it crashing on me. When I say crash, I don't mean locking up or anything. It says an error has occured and closes out the game.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Well, you could just instantly put them in your warp drive or send them to your freighter and the refuel your ship while on board the freighter I guess.

If I were you, I wouldn't bother repairing it all the way, instead of finding a NPC with a good but perhaps slightly worse ship to trade with for. Saves a lot of time and hassle. That ship has pretty damn good value due it's potential cargo space size so you might be able to get a pretty good ship for free including A or S classes.
Hmm so I would "Exchange" it and repair the bare minimum (Pulse and Launch) and then try to find an NPC with a good ship at a station and exchange them?

gfxtwin

Use of alt account
Oct 28, 2017
this game's content is so much more substantial now. Its gotten to thr point where it pretty much lives up to the promises made before release. But goddamn is it buggy after the new update. Pop-in everywhere you look, inconsistent framerate, crashing, audio stuttering, and various jank. Hopefully these get ironed out soon.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hmm so I would "Exchange" it and repair the bare minimum (Pulse and Launch) and then try to find an NPC with a good ship at a station and exchange them?

Yeah like Halfling says, You don't even need to repair anything "adding it" to your ships rather than trading will make it available on the freighter (potentially after a reload). Though if you get the pulse and launch going you could go round the planet you're on to find a lareg trading post to wait at while NPC's visit.

Despite it's terrible condition you could get, if not the full amount then close to it by trading up to a ship that's not as broken.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this game's content is so much more substantial now. Its gotten to thr point where it pretty much lives up to the promises made before release. But goddamn is it buggy after the new update. Pop-in everywhere you look, inconsistent framerate, crashing, audio stuttering, and various jank. Hopefully these get ironed out soon.

Despite the bugs which based on historical evidence Hello Games are well aware of and busy rolling out fix after fix, you're right, this game in-game is basically better looking than the E3 2014 trailer, the one that had all the dinosaurs in it on that orange planet. While the level of fauna shown in that trailer I have yet to see, the density and size of the trees, the fog/haze and the ship detail are all there, and to top it off the sense of scale now is much greater than in that trailer. I never thought we'd get there to be honest, but I found a planet two days ago that had ENORMOUS trees, densely packed, and giant dinosaurs roaming around. I couldn't believe it. I took photos and video, once I figure out how to transfer them from my PS4 I'll post in the screenshot thread :D

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I'm starting to wonder if only people starting fresh get a free one. I've jumped multiple times since the update and no freighter yet.
I jumped 6 or 7 times since the update and just finally ran into the freighter battle. Was starting to think I missed it somehow but it prompts you when it happens, so it's hard to miss.

I'm now the owner of a badass Star Destroyer looking freighter that someone decided to paint bright TEAL and PINK. I think I know why the captain was so eager to get rid of it lol

Nov 14, 2017
Did anyone who kepttheir save from before get the free freighter after a couple jumps? I'm kinda itchin to use my old save cause upgrading the exosuit inventory is tedious.

I got an A class super star destroyer type freighter on my old save. Super pleased with it!

Not sure if they're all the same, but mine is called a "Vacuum Siphon" Analysis Visor Upgrade

S-Class
36% scanner Range
8651% Fauna bonus
6500% Flora bonus

Gotta be a bug, because I can get upwards of 148k in a single scan for rare creatures (like the flying snake creatures).

It's actually only a bit more generous than it used to be. Atlas Rises with maxed flora/fauna scanners gave comparable amounts; you could easily get 1m credits on a good planet with those upgrades.

Anyone find a portal glyph outside of the introduction of the mechanic? Not sure if they show up with the new visor buried mechanics or you still need to be in a cave then scan.

Yeah im missing the Glyph 16, and i still cant get it in this version of the game. I go to the grave, it says i got a glyph but when i check it still no Glyph #16. This was a bug from last year dunno if they ever fixed it or not. I managed to get all the glyphs except the last one. But some ppl could not get other ones too while other player managed to get them all.

The final mission of the Atlas Rises storyline just gives you a free glyph every time you jump to a new system, before directing you to a portal that will take you to the centre of the galaxy. You can just get the glyphs and ignore the centre though, or even go there but not trigger the ending.

I have yet to find a way to shake them. This has to be a bug.

If you can find a freighter to fly into, that will lose them. If not, then good luck.

You can't shake them in space. Easiest way to get rid of sentinals is if you're near a planet to land; run away until you get the "searching" notification; and then tunnel underground with the terrain manipulator until they go away. Make sure to seal yourself in so they don't see you!

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah like Halfling says, You don't even need to repair anything "adding it" to your ships rather than trading will make it available on the freighter (potentially after a reload). Though if you get the pulse and launch going you could go round the planet you're on to find a lareg trading post to wait at while NPC's visit.

Despite it's terrible condition you could get, if not the full amount then close to it by trading up to a ship that's not as broken.
So I'm looking at the first ship I saw after landing at the station... It's an 18 slot so I'm not interested but it says Buy for 510k or Exchange for 0... Is Exchange always 0 or it's zero only because my ship is worth more?

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
TIL

You can make the terrain manipulator smaller while using the mining function. On deposits, you still get the same amount of mats regardless of the size of the manipulator circle. This mean that you can drastically increase the amount of mats you get from a single deposit provided you have enough ferrite to keep your terrain manipulator powered. I was getting roughly 250 copper from a single depsoit and changing the size of the terrain manipulator to the smallest setting netted me around 800 from a single copper deposit of roughly equivalent size.
if you just make a high capacity slot of Magentise Ferrite you can power your manipulator 25 times from 0 to 100, as it only takes 20 of the Magentise version

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So I installed a "Teleport Receiver" on my ship and it still isn't letting me transfer anything to and from my ship.

I guess I'm misunderstanding what it actually does.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
Just discovered you can transfer stuff from your person to either your storage containers or freighter from anywhere. But yet you still can't transfer to your ship if you're too far away. Whatever, I'll take it. Always, always running out of room.
And you can send stuff from your freighter to a storage container, which effectively makes the latter an improvised teleporter.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I got an A class super star destroyer type freighter on my old save. Super pleased with it!

It's actually only a bit more generous than it used to be. Atlas Rises with maxed flora/fauna scanners gave comparable amounts; you could easily get 1m credits on a good planet with those upgrades.

The final mission of the Atlas Rises storyline just gives you a free glyph every time you jump to a new system, before directing you to a portal that will take you to the centre of the galaxy. You can just get the glyphs and ignore the centre though, or even go there but not trigger the ending.

You can't shake them in space. Easiest way to get rid of sentinals is if you're near a planet to land; run away until you get the "searching" notification; and then tunnel underground with the terrain manipulator until they go away. Make sure to seal yourself in so they don't see you!

Man that's lucky. I got a freighter too but it was a C Class. However it does have 28 inventory slots which is a lot better than the one I got for my new save.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So I'm looking at the first ship I saw after landing at the station... It's an 18 slot so I'm not interested but it says Buy for 510k or Exchange for 0... Is Exchange always 0 or it's zero only because my ship is worth more?

Because your ship is worth more, I actually think that you get full price for an exchange regardless of how damaged your ship is. You're going to be limited to what ships are in the system though, but a little patience will pay off, try and get an A class (or higher)

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland

Did just that traded my ship for another but a bit more slots.

275850_201807300025007xfac.png

Still a Class C but we are getting there.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Found and currently fixing a Class B ship which was a vast improvement over what I started with. But I'll never take a picture of it because it's ugly as sin. Reminds me of the ship Leia was on in the beginning of Episode IV.

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018
Anyone happen to know if the Whispering Eggs at Abandoned Buildings respawn or do we have to move onto the next one to farm the eggs?

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finally got the mission for the exocraft terminal to pop, no idea what the trigger was but I'm pretty deep into base building at this point. I'm kind of bummed it's still so prohibitively expensive to build though - 4 ion batteries, 5 metal sheets and 100 paraffinium. The materials are common enough but that's a lot of them, gathering the stuff will take a little while each time I want to use it, and there are many instances where I just want a cool little car to tootle around in. Annoyingly my home planet is kind of low on caves so kind of a pain in the arse to get cobalt for the batteries too.

Oh, pro tip - if you want technology modules, just buy the random suit/ship/gun upgrades for 70ish nanites (I currently have around 5000, they're so common now), install and dismantle. They always give 1-3 depending on the upgrade. Much cheaper than buying them.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
How can i find new ships?

17 hours played and still have to find one

You can trade in your current one for any ship you see on a space station or Trade Outpost (assuming you have the money to make up any price difference). Or, to add a ship to your collection, you can buy any that land on your freighter, or you can find crashed ships and claim them. Observatories will point to crashed ships.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to decide how soon to get a new ship. My current one has 26 slots but I'm constantly out of space. I also have almost no ship upgrades on it which makes battles against 3 star+ pirates a pain. Around how much does a ~35 slot ship cost?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Also had to repair a frigate tonight, loved that, walking around on it in space was so cool. Need to get saving for a fleet.

PKMNTrainer

Oct 25, 2017
So if you buy a new freighter do you just lose your current freighter and all its inventory? That seems to be what just happened to me lmao

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jumped to another system with my freighter, and now my ships stuck in another ship, so every time I try and take off with it, it launches itself into my freighter and I get stuck inside its geometry. The fuck do I do

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Trying to decide how soon to get a new ship. My current one has 26 slots but I'm constantly out of space. I also have almost no ship upgrades on it which makes battles against 3 star+ pirates a pain. Around how much does a ~35 slot ship cost?

Just hoard a bit less gear. My ship only has 12 slots and I'm doing fine. You don't need to keep that much stuff on hand really, I just have some level 2 sodium, tritium and chromatic metal on mine. I keep everything else on hand (although I think I may start hoarding mats for the exocraft whenever I see them).

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So if you buy a new freighter do you just lose your current freighter and all its inventory? That seems to be what just happened to me lmao
Oops, you have to transfer it in the exchange screen before hitting that buy button. I don't think you get to keep your base though, they should really add that as a feature seeing as all interiors of freighters are the same.

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
Was on a previous solar system and i left it so fast as i could every planet was either super super cold or super super hot.

One planet had both that weather went +150 degrees Celsius to -200 degrees Celsius, all with terrible storms and zero visibility.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jumped to another system with my freighter, and now my ships stuck in another ship, so every time I try and take off with it, it launches itself into my freighter and I get stuck inside its geometry. The fuck do I do

Reload an earlier save? Everything I can think of involves using a ship to get somewhere else...

You really have the worst luck with this game huh?

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, strange that there's not a single trade good to buy. Maybe at the space station?
And as far as I know only trade goods are affected by trade economics so buying/selling other goods based on the system won't make you a profit.

So it seems that it's still in the game, but may be bugged at terminals? I happened to get an Instability Injector after turning in a completed quest, and traveled to a Trading system. You can see on the screen its in the green at +64.7, with the green symbol next to the price, which I'm assuming stands for trading unit?

RmjMovC.jpg

PKMNTrainer

Oct 25, 2017
Oops, you have to transfer it in the exchange screen before hitting that buy button. I don't think you get to keep your base though, they should really add that as a feature seeing as all interiors of freighters are the same.

Yeah I absolutely did not have the "compare" transfer screen like with ship purchases. Only the slots and the accept button. It was my 2nd freighter rescue not sure if there's other ways to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.