Oct 27, 2017
this planet is crazy man
nomanssky_20180728174r8clq.png

nomanssky_20180728174lbiio.png

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The whispering eggs, any tricks on how to make money off them?

they look like they might be worth something,

I know whats inside.

Make a platform with the terrain manipulator if you are not at an abandoned building

Get on top of your homemade platform or the building

Mine an egg and be prepared to hop down and grab what's inside (only mine one because they disappear and do so quickly)

Jetpack and maneuver back onto your higher up platform

Rinse and repeat!

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Boy after checking back in for a little while I now remember why this game drove me nuts when I first tried it. Something about this endless breadcrumb trail of craft a to craft b to craft c to use it in d and all of this in endless menu clicking when you just kinda wanna explore the galaxy is just overwhelming to me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but man I think this game is just not for me unfortunately :(

Try Creative mode, you don't need resources.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think this game is for me really. Played 2 and a half hours. I found landing on planets and discovering dinosaur like creatures pretty cool. But the whole: we (purposely?) hinder your progression to create a gamelike objectives is a bit empty in my opinion. I had to fly to a space station. Took a bunch of minutes. Get co-ordinates to go back. Get blueprint for which I require materials that I have to buy at said space station. That's when I turned off the console and thought to myself: if this is it, I'm glad I tried, but I don't think it's for me.

I quite like the bigger picture. The fact that there is a whole universe to explore is amazing. But the little things like above, or the fact that if I tag an objective on the planet and I go back into the ship, the tag disappears, so I have to land again to remember where I had to go, only to find out i have to harvest materials to relaunch my ship....

I don't know. I'll pick it up to try later when I'm in the mood to do some slow traveling, but with limited game time I like my game time to be spent on more pure gameplay like overwatch matches. I think.

They have a game mode where you can skip all of that. Complete freedom from the micromanaging side of things.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Make a platform with the terrain manipulator if you are not at an abandoned building

Get on top of your homemade platform or the building

Mine an egg and be prepared to hop down and grab what's inside (only mine one because they disappear and do so quickly)

Jetpack and maneuver back onto your higher up platform

Rinse and repeat!
whilst also avoiding the xenomorphs?

Oct 28, 2017
I think I stranded myself on a planet. Landed on my second planet, and it turned out to be an ocean with a few small islands with no rocks. Can't find any dihydrogen or plutonium for launcher fuel, and I've died a few times just trying to swim out to find more land.

Should I just restart?

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this evening:
  • Starter Intro and Help
  • FAQ
  • Tips
  • Expanded NEXT section
I've also started work on a hub thread that I'll post when finished that will allow people to officially categorize and show off particularly nice 'cream of the crop' planets. Might be a couple of days and thread will be largely inactive on launch but thought it would be nice to have something together in that sense. Will follow a template structure and submissions will be logged in the OP. Will include screenshot of discovery tab, photo of planet, name, materials, portal code (where known), race of system, etc.

Please also add a link to the Community Thread in the OP. Thanks.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
I think I stranded myself on a planet. Landed on my second planet, and it turned out to be an ocean with a few small islands with no rocks. Can't find any dihydrogen or plutonium for launcher fuel, and I've died a few times just trying to swim out to find more land.

Should I just restart?
Oof.. hmm maybe yeah. You used the binoculars and everything to find dihyd?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Should I just restart?

That's, because you don't need plutonium anymore for launcher fuel. ;)

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
6th most played game on steam right now with 80+k, I don't think it got this high during launch

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Had my first crash today after playing it for 20h. Not bad and it was just after an auto save

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So I lept in tonight for the first time and I think I've made a huge mistake. I immediately chose survival, and now I'm on an ice world where I can't find uranium, and only have one lift off left in the tank.There's a distress beacon I've found for a space ship but it's a 24 minute walk away, which feels like forever, when I don't even know if there'll be anything there to save my bacon.

Should I restart and just play on normal?
I think you would still have that same problem if you played on Normal. I'm pretty sure you aren't going to be finding uranium in any of the starting systems. It's rare and only available in other colour stars I believe. You craft Starship Launch fuel for your landing thrusters. The game's tutorial should have told you that. It actually does so once you run out I think? You craft it with ferrite dust and dihydrogen jelly. Dihydrogen and Ferrite are everywhere.

So, to reiterate: uranium isn't what you need to recharge your landing thrusters at the beginning of the game. Everything you can get from a planet resource-wise is listed on the popup the shows its name when you scan it from space. I think that list is also ordered by rarity of deposits with common on top and rare on the bottom. The purple "exotic" item is at the very top of that list and it'll require Hazmat Gauntlets to collect. You have to buy better hyperdrives to get to other colour stars that have rarer items.

You should still switch back to Normal as it is much less stressful and more people play on that mode then others. I switched back to normal after playing on Survival since that mode was introduced. Normal is so much more chill and it actually feels weird to be on planets where I don't need hazard protection (basicially every planet will be hot, cold, radioactive, or toxic on Survival). I was also so used to stockpiling stuff for life support and hazard protection that I have more than enough now.

this planet is crazy man

What is the name of the type of planet it is?

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Do mods like "take off requiring less fuel" still work? Because it's so tedious at 25% per launch.
Land on landing pads as much as possible. It is what I got used to after playing survival where taking off took 100% of your landing thrusters. Looks like they nerfed that to 50% with this new update on Survival.

Buildings that have landing pads or a glowing pole that always you to summon your ship can be landed at for no cost. You will see a landing circle appear and you can land there when it turns green. You can also summon your ship to landing pads even though now we can summon them whenever, using pads to bring your ship to you now probably doesn't use fuel now.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to forgo my ship upgrade for now so I could pick up a new multitool. Ended up getting the S-class at the anomaly for 3 mil. I ain't buying a new one ever again...

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot that I got totally fucked by the sentinels. I had no idea they'll chase you into fucking space now!? Killed two waves of them but they just kept coming and I couldn't warp the fuck outta there so I had to reload my last save.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I made a friend today.

42791358155_02ca9724c0_k.jpg

Couple of other favourites from today:

29824067578_bb69962439_k.jpg

28804786497_f6c85df70e_k.jpg

Last edited:

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Someone posted an artifact worth 67 million too. Insanely good value if you get lucky enough. It takes a while to get the treasure though, and the only one I've completed so far had a treasure worth 650k, so while it's always nice it's not always "I WON THE LOTTERY!" nice.
Do ruins show up via binoculars or what should I look for?

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Just drop a base computer at the site of an abandonded building and claim it. Build a wall around one of the egg sites with enough space room for the aliens to spawn. Break on the eggs and that section and watch all of the aliens spawn inside trapped in the wall. Then just casually go and pick up all the other eggs.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just drop a base computer at the site of an abandonded building and claim it. Build a wall around one of the egg sites with enough space room for the aliens to spawn. Break on the eggs and that section and watch all of the aliens spawn inside trapped in the wall. Then just casually go and pick up all the other eggs.

Oh damn! I meant to test that out! Glad to hear it works

tenor.gif

Scuttlefluff

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone got any handy tips that could lead me to discover a lush tropical planet? I'm just galaxy hopping and having no luck. Found one but it was a frenzied sentinel planet, lol.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Wow, this whole base archive quest is completely fucked up broken and it makes me angry again.

Not only do I had to build a base in the system where it started and restart the game cause the emblem was in space, now, for the second part of the quest, the emblem is again in space, in a whole nother system! So I have to build a stupid trash base again. -.-

Come on Murray, get your shit together, Jesus Christ.

I love this game to death and no other game this gen had me sucked so deep into it for almost a week now, but the whole amount of huge, not small, huge and game breaking bugs is laughable. Have they even tested NEXT?

Last edited:

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Wow, this whole base archive quest is completely fucked up broken and it makes me angry again.

Not only do I had to build a base in the system where it started and restart the game cause the emblem was in space, now, for the second part of the quest, the emblem is again in space, in a whole nother system! So I have to build a stupid trash base again. -.-

I love this game to death and no other game this gen had me sucked so deep into it for almost a week now, but the whole amount of huge, not smalls huge and game breaking bugs is laughable. Have they even tested NEXT?
The fix for your emblem showing up in space is like this...

1. Manual save at your base.
2. Delete your base.
3. Reload the manual save you just made before deleting.
4. The emblem should now be at your base computer.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Oh my god, I finally managed to escape the damn planet that kept causing crashes. Jesus Christ. Shit really soured what had so far been a very enjoyable experience with this game.

I love this game to death and no other game this gen had me sucked so deep into it for almost a week now, but the whole amount of huge, not smalls huge and game breaking bugs is laughable. Have they even tested NEXT?
Heh, I have the exact same problem with the base archive quest. Waypoint just in the middle of space.

cgcg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man this game has major memory leak at least on the ps4 version. The game can go from sub 15fps to 60fps at the exact same place if you close the game and restart.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017

If I had to guess, the locked date for the Xbox launch put them behind the 8 ball this time. There are some very ambitious technical improvements in this game, along with all the new features and overhauled systems, and just couldn't quite get it done and tested in time. The fact that they had to launch with lower-detail clouds and no tessellation kind of speaks to that.

On the upside, they've always done a good job of sorting these issues out and they are working really hard to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.