• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
No Man's Sky will forever be a blemish on gaming and gaming culture.

And I'm not talking about broken promises shit. I'm talking about the inexcusable abuse hurled at the developers. It makes me feel ashamed to share a passion with those people.

I sincerely hope the devs found a way to deal with the anxieties that must have stemmed from that lynching. They should all be proud as hell for delivering another big free update. Most would have buckled under that backlash.
Best post I have read on this forum this year. Nice one. And I agree entirely.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Some of you guys really are validating Gino's point with such hateful post after 2 years of a game that has been updating for free (and still does). Like it doesn't surpris eme because "gaming culture" but still.

Oct 30, 2017
I'll jump back in. Enjoyed the original version - enjoyed the 1st update - look forward to the Next update.
Me too.. Don't care about base building actually. I want exotic planets that uses a different blue print then all the other planets because they are basicly the same. One other thing which probably will never be a fact; completely deserted planets/systems.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
Xbotsers we're gonna have Sea of Skies, and No Man's Sea at the same time yay.

Xbox One queen of having all the most empty and repetitive games of the generation <3

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get the game at launch but ended up getting it during Atlas Rises and reading back what had been added the updates were significant. So I'm excited to see what's in store for this one being their largest yet.

OldBritBloke

Oct 28, 2017
I've very much enjoyed my time with No Man's Sky since curiosity drove me to pick it up in a sale. I'm interested to see what's in store for this update, and also to see what the Xbox community make of the game.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's been two years since this game came out? Time is going by way too fast lately. :|

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Im curious for the update, got it for £6, so price will be interesting, played 6h of the game, enjoyed it, after all the updates. So probably will return for the 7th hour or more. Wish people would move on now with the old news and look to the future, theyve done all they can to get back all the good will. I literally cant see them do anymore. Anyhow, interested in this update and looking forward to it, just wish people would stop crying about a problem from 2 years ago and move on. Refunds were very easy to get too.

Deleted member 14927

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

And I'm not talking about broken promises shit. I'm talking about the inexcusable abuse hurled at the developers. It makes me feel ashamed to share a passion with those people.

I sincerely hope the devs found a way to deal with the anxieties that must have stemmed from that lynching. They should all be proud as hell for delivering another big free update. Most would have buckled under that backlash.

Fantastic comment that I whole heartedly agree with.

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ill pick this up for my X, was always interested in trying this.

People still complaining 2 fucking years later are ridiculously embarrassing. Get the hell over it

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
If this funds more development on the game, make it so.

Have noted elsewhere (social media) a few tiresome "better not be full price" comments. It should cost precisely what it cost when released new on PS4.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Yep. Again, I said this a lot of times, a very big strength from Sony is media control and handling. Something that is also quite bad for Microsoft. Search how many threads are about RE7VR or Arkham Asylum VR both being timed exclusive for PSVR on this forum and how media reception was, although it is publically available information.

Doesn't help that Microsoft's development strategy over the past few years means that there is a huge lens over everything that they do.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If this funds more development on the game, make it so.

Have noted elsewhere (social media) a few tiresome "better not be full price" comments. It should cost precisely what it cost when released new on PS4.
What? It should be the same as the other versions now because you get the same content as the other ones. When you own both a PS4 and an Xbox One and don't own the game yet, where does it make sense that one version is substantially more expensive than the other one?

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
My 4 biggest gripes were the awful inventory management, the progression to other systems, the godawful look of the planets and aliens, and lack of purpose.

Will all be fixed?

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
What? It should be the same as the other versions now because you get the same content as the other ones. When you own both a PS4 and an Xbox One and don't own the game yet, where does it make sense that one version is substantially more expensive than the other one?

It is a new game for the platform. You can get it cheap on PS4 as it is at the end of its release lifecycle, this is the start of its XB1 lifecycle.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
It was always clear, now it's just blatant, that the reason for the outrage when Ms signs a timed deal was never about misleading consumers, it's about the game not coming to Ps4. And as such the same doesn't apply when the same kind of deals makes the game a ps4 exclusive.

Unfortunately, this has to be repeated. It's happened several times now with Sony-backed games, yet there's no outrage. All those #4theplayers pro-consumer knights in shining armor suddenly don't seem to mind anymore.

Which is a damn shame, because it's really not good for the players, no matter who does it.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this update can make NMS the game I want it to be, or at least gets it closer to it. I'm glad they are still surporting it though because the engine is really impressive, they just need to add content. The top of my list is real co-op though, I've been begging for that since day one with this game.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
It was always clear, now it's just blatant, that the reason for the outrage when Ms signs a timed deal was never about misleading consumers, it's about the game not coming to Ps4. And as such the same doesn't apply when the same kind of deals makes the game a ps4 exclusive.

Discuss the game and update instead of this crap. You're always about this life.

ballisticola

Nov 1, 2017
Mhm... When it releases on Xbox in "Summer", it's 2 years from its official launch. Might be a coincidence, though.
And that's how it will be remembered. Not that Murray was confirming they were still a self funded company (a fact kept from the public, for a year, by the media) as Sony were saying they were treating it as 1st party. Or that last year he admitted they ran out of money making the game at GDC.

There is so much crap swept under the carpet, it's led to massively ill informed narrative of the whole event.

VirtuaRacer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is there to bait? And why are you even bothered? Do you think Cuphead is a timed exclusive? And what about whataboutism in this case?

You started with the cross-play bait on page 1 and then remarked: "it seems Sony bought a timed exclusivity here and made sure it won't hit the media so there was no public outrage", which is a cheap and dismissive way to describe Sony's support of Hello Games. If you followed any of the PlayStation indie team on Twitter you would understand that they have been involved with this project from an early stage, providing financial and technical backing, considerable stage time, and even helping them get back on their feet after their studio was flooded. Sony's support of No Man's Sky is comparable to Microsoft's support of Cuphead, irrespective of the exclusivity period.

This whole "them against us" has to stop.

No self awareness. None.

Valkyr1983

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NH, United States
User Warned: Personal attack against a game developer.
Atleast XB1 gamers arent buying an outright lie and scam

As someone who paid 60$ for it at launch, it's definitely a better game now but still not good

Fuck that liar though, still pissed he never came out and admitted the "features" were not gonna make it in at launch. It was all "wow never expected two players to meet up that soon". A simple post mortem interview or statement about here's what happened. Nothing. And yeah some of the extreme people would never take anything as good enough, but for those of us who just wanted a little honesty and transparency after parting with 60 of our hard earned dollars, would have gone a long way

But apparently releasing content that was originally promised is now an admirable thing and better than other devs would have done so all is well

Honestly the biggest scam wasn't even the multiplayer. It was his whole "were not like other space games, our universe is vast and limitless and if you see it you can fly to it"

No Sean, each system is it's own puny little sandbox with a few planets. Surrounded by a fake ass skybox. You can never fly far enough to hit the sun or a star. And warping to other systems via light speed isn't just a faster way... it's the only way. And it's trying to mask the fact your just loading in the next small sandbox, you can't fly there naturally and it's not all one vast connected universe

Once that illusion is broken, trust me the game loses any and all immersion, makes you not care. It's pointless

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played since launch - this is the perfect excuse to try out all the updates on the Xbox One X version.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My 4 biggest gripes were the awful inventory management, the progression to other systems, the godawful look of the planets and aliens, and lack of purpose.

Will all be fixed?

Already has been, for the most part.

The base Inventory has been expanded
The generation algorithm was changed to make locales much more different
There is more purpose now then there was before

The progression to different galaxies is more or less the same, though.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I'm glad they are still supporting this game, cause it isn't what it's meant to be yet. And to the people defending Hello Games for releasing free updates... Seriously? Do you think they should cost any money after they released a broken and unfinished game? I don't hold any grudges to them, but IMO they are just doing what they have to to make up for the release of the game, even two years later.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I'll definitely double on Xbox for this. We'r there details on the update? I know they don't usually tell much.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Will all be fixed?

The patches following launch have improved some of the procedural generation but overall progression, planets, animals and inventory are largely the same. They have added content to the game so far rather than replace anything, I doubt the new patch changes this.
Regarding purpose, the past patches added things like basebuilding and new ships/frigates to find/buy, and a pretty good new questline. So it is improved over launch, but again it's not a "revolutionary" change vs. vanilla.

I'd say if vanilla held nothing for you, then post patch probably wouldn't either.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ

They purposefully and unapologetically lied about their product.

I didn't take part in the chaos at any point because I knew the game was a total farce and Murray was full of shit. I knew it would be yet another Fable or Spore. After a while, it's easy to detect bullshit.

Last edited:

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
This game has some of the best HDR so you Xbox guys are in for a treat. It gets overlooked in most lists of best HDR probably because of those who stopped playing. It's a very colourful game. Sound is amazing in this game too.

What does Murray's lies before launch have to do with the thread about the NEXT update and release on Xbox?

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think we can finally stop harping on Hello Games
The game has loads more content now and not one cent was demanded for any of it

They purposefully and apologetically lied about their product.

I didn't take part in the chaos at any point because I knew the game was a total farce and Murray was full of shit. I knew it would be yet another Fable or Spore. After a while, it's easy to detect bullshit.

They tried to bamboozle paying customers and got their just deserts
Happy to know they are working on redeeming themselves.

Will buy a copy myself as soon as NEXT launches