• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
My (then sleeping, now awake) partner got mad at me for using the coupons on an XB1X instead of things we actually need, like furniture :(

By the time you reviewed and discussed and selected what furniture pieces you wanted, the deal would have probably been dead. Shipping a bunch of large expensive items at a big discount would have certainly been noticed and cancelled as well. Feel lucky you got away with a 1X.

Oct 29, 2017

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
yeah, it looks like corporate is contacting stores telling them not to honor the deals anymore.

people who picked up yesterday or early in the morning made the best decision
I went in 15 minutes after opening on the west coast :(
What was the item for? I just picked up my game with no issues.
A Dyson vacuum, but the item didn't matter. They were not honoring any.

However thinking back, I think I could have gotten it. They asked me when I ordered it and then said they weren't honoring promo code purchases without even looking at my account. Someone told me before they don't see your purchase price at the pick up. I should have told them I didn't use any coupon. Dumb of me. I have one more order ready for pickup at another target. I have to wait until after work now but I hope my plan can work.

My (then sleeping, now awake) partner got mad at me for using the coupons on an XB1X instead of things we actually need, like furniture :(
Tell her you snooze you lose. Literally.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
There has been zero communication from corporate about canceling orders or team memebers facing action.

Source: I'm a store executive.
You are correct there has not been but it's up to the store team leaders the STL and ETL's especially if aware of the situation to protect store assets.

Edit: STL's have been emailed by corporate now and are aware of the situation.

Last edited:

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping the store I go to won't care it helps that I have only one item and not 400 in one order

D-Man

Oct 25, 2017
I only ordered a game and 3 bluray sets for about $80 last night that are still preparing to ship. I already got charged so here's hoping I actually get my stuff.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Update on one of my ship orders(not in-store) for information sake.

Stacked 6 coupons with the new WoW expansion and some shipping supplies(bought packing tape, bubble wrap, and a box of pocky lol). Owed $2 after using the last $15 of a Target gift card. Paid the $2 with my paypal account.

They shipped the supplies side of the order already! At this point I can't imagine they'll cancel the WoW expac pre-order as the order is so complicated in terms of gift card / paypal / coupons, so maybe I'm good??

Bluesteel

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god I snuck out of work and it worked. The woman at the counter was saying that "the system is on high alert" as she checked my ID, but still went to get it for me anyhow.

Now, if only I had a 4K TV to take advantage of the pro.

I would have tried for more stuff but it definitely wouldn't have been in my budget. Happy with this.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I went in 15 minutes after opening on the west coast :(

yeah the time lag probably means west coasters who didn't pick up last night are less likely to get their orders.

Eastern and Central timers most likely got theirs before Corporate really knew what was going on. I saw my order was ready and bee lined it straight to Target.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
not expecting them to sell me my switch later. Dam. Should've went into work late and picked it up right when the store opened.

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My order for Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate is still live, however I'm kinda wishing I also got Toad Treasure Tracker or Splatoon 2 as well.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
My Gold Wireless Headset is still on preparing to ship. Would have done in-store pickup but it wasn't an option even though it was in stock. Fingers crossed.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
So I think there is still hope for my Octopath order because it now shows as backordered and the 2 other items I ordered with it (some sneakers) just got shipped. Are they only cancelling bigger items set for shipping like consoles?

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
My online orders shipped... holy cow

6 bags of dog food, enough paper towels/tide/house cleaners easily for 5+ months for $48 and a second order for Octopath traveler/new 2DS XL and some clothes for $127...

I feel a tad greedy for applying my red card anniversary 10 percent off discount on top of getting the usual 5 percent off... lol

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I think there is still hope for my Octopath order because it now shows as backordered and the 2 other items I ordered with it (some sneakers) just got shipped. Are they only cancelling bigger items set for shipping like consoles?
I don't think anyone knows a rhyme or reason for what's staying/what's cancelled at this point

NMFried

Oct 25, 2017
TX
Put two orders in. One for Captain Toad, Sushi Striker and Mario Party: Top 100 on 3DS (to complete my up-to-date first party collection) and another for Captain Toad on Switch. All 'preparing to ship.'

Euman

Oct 25, 2017
Hate being stuck in "Preparing to Ship" limbo. Placed my order early last night when Wario tweeted so hopefully it goes through. Order still on my account page.

Sowrong

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They shipped my Xbox one x that I made when I didn't know there was more coupons. $275 isn't bad.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
Went for some wireless sony headphones (not the super high end ones) and got it down to about $50-ish dollars. Got the shipping notification. \o/

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was there a few minutes after opening on the east coast and had no issues picking up a Switch and PS4 Pro (had to go to two different Targets because people had already had a half hour at the deal before I saw it).

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Just got shipment confirmation. Dammit, I would have ordered more things if I thought it would actually go through.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
interesting observation - last night when i was trying to decide what i wanted, all of the switches, ps4s, and xbox one Xs went out of stock at all of the targets near downtown Atlanta.

This morning - same story. out of stock.

I checked again like 10 minutes ago - all of a sudden, these are instock EVERYWHERE around here again. So either they got a truck in last night, or everyone's getting their pickup orders denied now and stock is going back into the system.

IXI FalcoN

Oct 27, 2017
Since we're posting hauls, here's mine from earlier:
https://imgur.com/a/fmeuIp9
fmeuIp9

Ggyeh2s.jpg

Pretty happy. I wasn't confident this would go through last night or I might have gotten bolder and grabbed some X1Xs and PS4 Pros for easy flips.

Fonzhappyface

Oct 27, 2017
Got the cancellation email for my pickup order as soon as i parked, Sucks!! I should have gone when they opened the store, oh well :(

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
$20 Yakuza 6 just shipped!

Feeling salty I didn't try some crazier shit like others here, lol. How much was the One X with all six coupons?

Baroni

Oct 25, 2017
Got a 3DS XL for $86, only used 6 of the 7 15% off codes. I don't follow all the deals this closely, has there ever been one this crazy recently?

jeromeSF

Nov 2, 2017
Went to target in San Francisco, the employee bring my order ant... then tell me I have to pay the full price because the coupon is not accepted

Shwing

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up several switch games. Should've gone for an OLED TV. Not sure where I would have put it though lol

Oct 25, 2017
Its weird. I feel like yesterday completed validated my near constant internet use and excessive amount of time spent on here. I guess I'll continue to stare at my phone another 2 hours after going to bed at 11.