• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Finnroth

Oct 27, 2017
I need some help to understand how this inheritance/tempering thing works pls. Two questions:

Why is the Melee Ki Damage stat not transfering to the finished form?

Thanks!

Orange inheritable overwrites white inheritables - so you need to first put something else in there.
I unfortunately do not remember the exact values for your second question, but you definitely need something higher than C.

Edit: My bad actually, I believe the orange one transfers as well - you just need to max familiarity first.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Orange inheritable overwrites white inheritables - so you need to first put something else in there.
I unfortunately do not remember the exact values for your second question, but you definitely need something higher than C.

Edit: My bad actually, I believe the orange one transfers as well - you just need to max familiarity first.

Thanks!

I raised the familiarity to the max and it worked.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
After finishing DLC 2 on samurai, strong, and demon on finally on to way of the wise. By god this game is like crack. I played four hours straight and I had to force myself to stop. So many new mecanics, moves, accessories and skills. The new lucky drop equipment, armor and accessory skills are a god send. Got a decent etherial sword of my main that I'm happy with for now until I get one with multiple star stats I like better. It's got the double sword mystic art on it but honestly the dodge skill mystic art really sucks. They need to buff it bad. I don't really think it's worth the slot. I can see kusrisgama being really powerfull with both mystic arts.

I got an insane roll on a random pouch accessory that had 2 star skills sentenance gain +60% and Corruption damage + 20% with the grace that adds 100% bonus sentenance and Corruption Accumlation or Damage. Made me want to start a Yokai weapon build right then and there but I will hold off now. Overwelmed in a good way with the options. Then I did a scroll mission that seemed kinda crappy but I wanted to upgrade to a wise set and got really lucky with Etherial drops A- and some cool new divine skill about damage x your ki total on certain attacks like final blow, guard crush and something else i forget but sounded cool.

Do you guys think seimore flute is a good accessory for a sword user? It's two piece set bonus gives sword attack and defense+15. I like the free stack but unsure if it's good enough to be my second accessory.

cmdiego

Oct 25, 2017
I want to play the DLC in Dream of the Demon, but I don't want to replay these missions again to get there.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Don't you just have to beat the final boss on Strong to get Demon?
Sadly no. You gotta beat a chunk of the main missions on Demon to unlock the DLC. I'm doing this now and I'm a bit tired since I already beat the game twice. I got the platinum and want to get all the other trophies, but I'm taking my time with it to avoid fatigue.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Fight against any masters to unlock mystic arts always bothered me. It's like "yo show me what you learn" but, i'll use the fist as an example here, 90% of the time the opponent block after your second or third hit even if you hit them in the back they can block.(totally make sense!) So you're pretty much down to always spam the same shit because trying any combo does nothing at all.

Oh but they can hit you for like triple your damage no problem. Again, just mildly annoying but it's a thing for every masters.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
too bad that, like anything parry related, it only works on humans. I like the weapon but there's a lot of parry motion you can do which is a big down for me.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to lie, save scumming to craft good fist weapons. I wanted Inari's Grace and I did get one... but it had only 2 temperable slots. Which sucks.

OP
OP
Noema

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I just got a TV to prepare for next gen and why the HDR looks great in this game; man, it looks rough on framerate mode on PS4. My old Plasma was smaller, and the nature of the panel sort of helped to smoothen out the low resolution.

I think I'll wait until I get my PS5 to dive into the DLC. Even if Team Ninja doesn't touch it, hopefully it'll hit 60fps on Variable mode.

Oct 25, 2017
happy to report that even with an unoptimized build, I was able to beat dlc 1's final boss and Ren Hayabusa while doing penitence +9. Was getting one-hit kill by flying swallow countless times. Or death by the ninja stars lol

Dlent

Nov 2, 2017
I need some help to understand how this inheritance/tempering thing works pls. Two questions:

I want the stat "Attack Bonus Constitution", but I'm wondering if that C is going to improve to a A when my familiarity is at max?

Or should I look for "Attack Bonus Consitution" with a A stat from the start?

Thanks!

Late reply, but that the Melee Ki Damage isn't transferring because the familiarity of that Sunderer isn't maxed out. That Attack Bonus will improve with familiarity, but more likely to just B or B- rather than A. Don't bother looking for a better version of the same stat when tempering, especially when like in this case, I don't think it exists.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
I can't get drops of + weapons nearly reliably enough to make something like a +5. I'd need like 40 +1s to do that, unless there's a way to make the game start dropping stuff consistently at higher + levels.

As long as the + is higher then the main thing, you can level it up.

You don't need + X and +x, to level it up~~

I want the stat "Attack Bonus Constitution", but I'm wondering if that C is going to improve to a A when my familiarity is at max?

Thanks!

#1 to transfer, both need to be the same rarity and familiry need to be max

#2 A is better, and star A+ is best.

Use these two guide, you can only have one type of bonus type, so you can't have two from the same group
docs.google.com

Nioh2_TemperTable

Melee Familarity,Familarity 0,999,0,999 Life Drain,Life Drain (Quick Attack),22,24,Attack Ki Consumption,Melee Attack Ki Consumption,-5.4%,-5.6% Life Drain (Melee Attack),20,22,Melee Ki Consumption (Critical),-7.2%,-7.4% Life Drain (Final Blow),201,251,Active Skill Ki Consumption,-6.7% Life Dra...

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Today I learned after 200 hours that if you use a ninjustu magic spell on an enemy with zero ki it does double damage. I'm slowly progressing through Dream of the Demon I finished the first region and have finished one mission each in the second and third.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
So current highest damage is versatility and death dancer combo for 51%(Versatility) and 70%(Death Dancer)

But for me I think I'll go for something more like this defense build with AA toughness and -45% damage while attacking

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Thanks!

Here's a new chart
docs.google.com

Nioh 2 Temper Table v2.0 (Updating for DLC 3)

Main Page Nioh 2 Temper Table v2.0 This is an updated version of the Nioh 2 temper table created by u/FrvPssn & u/twitchinstereo. I created this new table due to the authors having seemingly abandoned the original project. I do not claim the table design/format as my own. If the original aut...

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I have a dumb question I have a 170 item that's really strong when I hit way of the wise I can turn them into ethereal but do they stay 170 or will they go to whatever the item level in WOTW is?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Cool cool. Will probably do that when I reach Dream of the Wise... Eventually.

Also the fist weapons are so good. It makes you feel like your playing a fighting game (which as others said, probably has to with the fact that it actually borrows animations from DOA).

It seems like it actually fits in well with my paralysis build. Though I've been debating if I should drop paralysis and just do a straight elemental build. What do you guys think does better? I feel like it's sort of a "Do good damage over time (elemental) versus one big boom of damage (paralysis)"

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
How does leveling up soul cores work. I'm trying to level up my level 170 guyki core to 180. I have five 180 guyki soul cores and they don't increase the level at all but then I just got another one and it increases the level by 1 buy I don't know why?

Oct 25, 2017
This new patch messed up the Smithing Materials forging!
When you hit down, instead of showing zero it shows the maximum number you can forge, but the required materials is still zero.
Hitting down then up fixes it from there.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
How does leveling up soul cores work. I'm trying to level up my level 170 guyki core to 180. I have five 180 guyki soul cores and they don't increase the level at all but then I just got another one and it increases the level by 1 buy I don't know why?
I'd like to know as well. I still have a maxed Enki core with good passives on it, but it barely levels up no matter how many cores I feed it. We're talking about level ~120 here, and level 150 - 160 cores do nothing.

Meanwhile I somehow have a level 180 Yoki core in my inventory as well. Isn't that Dream of the Wise tier? Because I haven't even unlocked Demon yet.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Here's a new chart
docs.google.com

Nioh 2 Temper Table v2.0 (Updating for DLC 3)

Main Page Nioh 2 Temper Table v2.0 This is an updated version of the Nioh 2 temper table created by u/FrvPssn & u/twitchinstereo. I created this new table due to the authors having seemingly abandoned the original project. I do not claim the table design/format as my own. If the original aut...

Thanks!

I've been using the wiki but this one is easier to read.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I noticed some stuff missing but in those cases a google search usually has the answer.

True.

I will say playing this...

Sometimes makes me feel sad about games like Destiny and such.

Like, I love how much complexity there is in this game with stats and how you can build your character. There is literally... HUNDREDS. Most games I feel like say they have that really typically don't.

I don't think every game with stats needs to be as complex as Nioh 2.. But even if they were half as complex i'd appreciate it more.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
True.

I will say playing this...

Sometimes makes me feel sad about games like Destiny and such.

Like, I love how much complexity there is in this game with stats and how you can build your character. There is literally... HUNDREDS. Most games I feel like say they have that really typically don't.

I don't think every game with stats needs to be as complex as Nioh 2.. But even if they were half as complex i'd appreciate it more.

Yeah the variety is insane. It's really enjoyable trying to maximize damage with different styles of play.

I'm doing a ninja build for the first time, using kusarigama for the most part with a focus on poison and NG+ has been a breeze so far.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I'm playing the DLC on Dream of the Strong, using weapons around 160-170+6 or +7 and armour 170+9 or so (looted from early Dream of the Demon missions), so maybe I'm missing something that's more useful for later difficulties, but I'm struggling to find much use in the Stone of Penance mechanism.

I tried it quite a fair bit and all I ever get is a solid, sometimes brutal difficulty buff, for a significant amount of time before I get a measly +1 stat to an accessory, which gives me maybe 3 points of defense. Like, what?

For instance, the Raiko rematch (in that "Four Fists" post-game sub-mission, the one in the flooded castle map from the main game) was insanely brutal with a Stone of Penance at +2. I decided to remove it, and suddenly she was way more manageable, borderline easy, even. I set the Stone's difficulty to be Dream of the Strong, btw, not Demon, but the difference was still staggering. All that for ultimately +3 defense or so on an accessory??

Can anyone give me a reason to keep bothering with this mechanic?

---

Unrelated question: does anyone use HDR in this game? I just installed my new OLED TV (finally!), but when I tried enabling HDR for this game, I felt like the saturation was way over the top, at least on the defaults, and it honestly looked better without it, so I turned it off. If you do use HDR, did you have to do some calibration from in-game?

I have an LG 55CX, btw

Last edited:

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing the DLC on Dream of the Strong, using weapons around 160-170+6 or +7 and armour 170+9 or so (looted from early Dream of the Demon missions), so maybe I'm missing something that's more useful for later difficulties, but I'm struggling to find much use in the Stone of Penance mechanism.

I tried it quite a fair bit and all I ever get is a solid, sometimes brutal difficulty buff, for a significant amount of time before I get a measly +1 stat to an accessory, which gives me maybe 3 points of defense. Like, what?

For instance, the Raiko rematch (in that "Four Fists" post-game sub-mission, the one in the flooded castle map from the main game) was insanely brutal with a Stone of Penance at +2. I decided to remove it, and suddenly she was way more manageable, borderline easy, even. I set the Stone's difficulty to be Dream of the Strong, btw, not Demon, but the difference was still staggering. All that for ultimately +3 defense or so on an accessory??

Can anyone give me a reason to keep bothering with this mechanic?

---

Unrelated question: does anyone use HDR in this game? I just installed my new OLED TV (finally!), but when I tried enabling HDR for this game, I felt like the saturation was way over the top, at least on the defaults, and it honestly looked better without it, so I turned it off. If you do use HDR, did you have to do some calibration from in-game?

I have an LG 55CX, btw

Stone of Penance only seems worth doing on Dream of the Wise since it can turn the accessory used into ethereal rarity, and add a grace effect to them.

Stone also caps at +9 but I don't think there is a reason to go that high other than to challenge yourself further because the increase in drop rate from my experience, hasn't been that noticeable to make it worth it.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god...I might not touch that stuff then.

It's so fun though as long as you keep your gear updated it won't be so bad I went through all of the first NG+ cycle with base level 160 gear and it was insanely hard I'm doing the second cycle with almost level capped gear and I'm wrecking shit that caused me problems. Plus most of the stuff in DLC 2 has huge weaknesses that can be exploited for massive damage. Also when you unlock NG+ go to the hidden teahouse and roll for an entire set of divine gear or just forge a new set of purples for a quick boost.

Oct 25, 2017
It's so fun though as long as you keep your gear updated it won't be so bad I went through all of the first NG+ cycle with base level 160 gear and it was insanely hard I'm doing the second cycle with almost level capped gear and I'm wrecking shit that caused me problems. Plus most of the stuff in DLC 2 has huge weaknesses that can be exploited for massive damage. Also when you unlock NG+ go to the hidden teahouse and roll for an entire set of divine gear or just forge a new set of purples for a quick boost.
I really need to find gear that gives me an elemental buff or something. Granted I like the Wandering Shrine Maiden set, it's just expensive soul matching that to keep it current. I'm using that set because of the set bonus that heals me whenever I ki pulse on the demon puddles.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I really need to find gear that gives me an elemental buff or something. Granted I like the Wandering Shrine Maiden set, it's just expensive soul matching that to keep it current. I'm using that set because of the set bonus that heals me whenever I ki pulse on the demon puddles.

If your running low on umbracite to reroll your gear you should have been picking up fragments of it the entire game but they never tell you that. To forge the fragments into the full umbracite just go to the blacksmith it's under tools on the second or third menu. Also I just vendor any gear that's below the rarity I'm currently using I have thousands of crafting mats but I need muneh to fuel my constant perk rerolling.

Also when you break an enemies ki if you hit them with a spell like Eight Cold Hells it inflicts major health damage on them they never tell you that either any big spell will take a huge chunk out of their HP even more if they are weak to the element.

Oct 25, 2017
If your running low on umbracite to reroll your gear you should have been picking up fragments of it the entire game but they never tell you that. Also when you break an enemies ki if you hit them with a spell like Eight Cold Hells it inflicts major health damage on them they never tell you that either any big spell will take a huge chunk out of their HP even more if they are weak to the element.
What the fuck spell is that? I disassemble a bunch of shit, I just don't bother to temper. Are set bonuses exclusive or can I legit reroll the Wandering Shrine Maiden set into gear with higher defense? Also is there magic that's not tied to the Onmyo skill tree?