• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Dragging myself through Odin Sphere NG+ to try and kill time before this unlocks. It's not really helping all that much. Unfortunately this is the first Friday release since my day off shifted to Thursday. I wish they'd even just unlock the character creator early.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Got home, saw that Nioh 2 was fully preloaded and I

41Xnjt3.gif

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
Does anyone know if we actually have to go to the theater and have the ticket scanned? I took a screenshot of the screen where it says I unlocked the reward at the time, but checking my account after, I don't see it there.

Just saw this

twitter.com

Cinemark Theatres on Twitter

“@Dustin_Calvert @RoaringMdog Hey there! The game will be sent as a digital download via the email address tied to your account on 3/13.”

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
jealous of all you.

I'll live through this thread and hopefully not spoil too much :p

first game I will grab when/if things get better for me, is this one

Last edited:

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Just saw this

twitter.com

Cinemark Theatres on Twitter

“@Dustin_Calvert @RoaringMdog Hey there! The game will be sent as a digital download via the email address tied to your account on 3/13.”

oh excellent! I was worried I was going to have to come to work late so I could go to the theater and have them scan my ticket real quick lol. Looks like that won't be necessary. Thank you for this!

Knightsoftheround

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 7, 2020
Loving the game so far. Is there anyway to you can change equipment but keep the look of another item?

Obviously want to upgrade my equipment but hate some of the looks

effin

Jan 20, 2019
Is it stupid that I'm a huge fan of souls games (so I'm pretty sure I'll like it) - but I'm put off by the aesthetics of the game? From all the videos I've seen there's just SO much going on in each screen with the insane colours and particle effects.

Is it still worth picking up Nioh 1 first for cheap to see if I like it? from what I gathered Nioh 2 is pretty damn similar, but just a really well built upon sequel.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Damn, the opening mini-boss is really strong. Doing almost no damage, makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

Think of it as an extra early challenge (you get trophy for it). It's not hard though once you learn the pattern, burst counters make it a breeze.

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
Is it stupid that I'm a huge fan of souls games (so I'm pretty sure I'll like it) - but I'm put off by the aesthetics of the game? From all the videos I've seen there's just SO much going on in each screen with the insane colours and particle effects.

Is it still worth picking up Nioh 1 first for cheap to see if I like it? from what I gathered Nioh 2 is pretty damn similar, but just a really well built upon sequel.

It is still worth giving Nioh 1 a try first to see if you can get into it you can probably just pick up a used copy and return it if you don't like it. Aeshetics are pretty a big deal for me and it's one of my reasons why I prefer this over Dark/Demon souls.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Can you fight it later and get the trophy like the good coward I am?lol

No idea, but most likely yes if you decide to go through the mission again going by the trophy description.

Yeah, got through it. Tough start though, not that I mind haha. Can you grapple him? Totally forgot about that mechanic until just now.

You can, if he's staggered and you deal enough damage you will topple him and you can dan perform grapple attack.

Oct 31, 2017

I'd roll with Nioh 1 to see what you think. I felt the same at first but once the gameplay clicked it all melted away.

Quatermain

Oct 29, 2017
Am I correct to assume there wasn't a ton of PC mods for the original Nioh? Trying to decide if I want to get Nioh 2 for PS4 again

Res

Oct 25, 2017
I was watching a stream with english dub and while the voice quality itself seems fine, it honestly just feels out of place lol. Gonna stick with japanese again

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man. I keep rewatching the launch trailer. It's just cut incredibly well. I'll link it again so more can watch it as we wait.

Am I correct to assume there wasn't a ton of PC mods for the original Nioh? Trying to decide if I want to get Nioh 2 for PS4 again

I didn't play 1 on PC but taking a look at Mod Nexus...

www.nexusmods.com

Mods at Nioh Nexus - Mods and community

Browse 16 mods for Nioh at Nexus Mods

There was only 4 mods ever released.

Edit: Correction, 3 mods. 1 is just a save file.

effin

Jan 20, 2019
I'd roll with Nioh 1 to see what you think. I felt the same at first but once the gameplay clicked it all melted away.
It is still worth giving Nioh 1 a try first to see if you can get into it you can probably just pick up a used copy and return it if you don't like it. Aeshetics are pretty a big deal for me and it's one of my reasons why I prefer this over Dark/Demon souls.
Sweet, thanks y'all. I'll grab the first game and try it out before picking up this sequel. I might be able to look past the visuals if the gameplay is really good - and I constantly hear about how good the combat systems are so hey, maybe it'll be fine.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Played a bit of the first mission, so good. I gotta stop for tonight, I need to sleep lol.

Soundtrack for both games is up on Spotify btw.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sweet that it just loads your character data from the trial didn't even need to enter the code

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, so i read that this game has coop. I've looked online and seen some info but can you guys tell me what type of coop the game has.

Will I be able to play the campaign fully with a friend online?