• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly that's the system I was looking forward to most - I have a huge blindspot for pre-Pokemon Game Boy games. Mario/Wario Land, Donkey Kong Land, DK94, most of the Kirby games. Lots of stuff for me to discover there.

Would love Pokemon, too, but I won't hold my breath there.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Source

Searched GameBoy and Game Boy and it didn't come up, but close if old.

Could September be the month Mole Mania finds its way to the Switch?
It's so funny you mention this because Mole Mania is the game I immediately thought of when I read the Nintendo Life article as one I really wanted to play but haven't yet.

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Oh my god, finally, PLEASE

The two Super Mario Land games alone will make me happy to replay. Also gonna hold out hope that Pokemon Red/Blue at the very least get added. If you can't transfer the Pokemon to current games, I don't see why that'd be a problem with Let's Go existing as well (like, R/B wouldn't eat into Let's Go's market, and LG has been out a while now). G/S/C would be the dream, but I don't want to get my hopes up for that at all.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
The hope is for the following (eventually, obviously not all at launch)

mario land (1-3)
Crystalis (GBC) - it's the same game with an entirely different ending and soundtrack.
Gargoyle's Quest
Megaman 5 - It's got Tango!
Link's Awakening
Oracle titles
Metroid II
Revelations: the demon slayer
Donkey Kong

DinoBlaster

Feb 18, 2020
An one hand I'm stoked that Gameboy is finally arriving. On the other hand holy shit how is GBA not included in this

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
The rumor doesn't say that GBA is not coming though. So it's weird to call this is a classic Nintendo announcement when all we currently have is a rumor that GB and GBC are coming soon.

The rumor is only talking about GB and GBC though, and since GBA is not mentioned, that is specifically why this sucks. Moreover, you act like Nintendo announcing just GB and GBC is something they wouldn't do when it is completely a Nintendo style move lol.

Are you going to tell me "waiting two years for GBA games after isnt bad at all, it'll pass before we know it" next? lol

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
Nate and MVG didn't drop an episode to theorize about really old information (the existence of these other emulators) for no reason. It's coming soon in September, and Samus Returns will be one of the first games.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
After making us wait this long, this better be the best GB emulator ever, with full Link Cable (local and online), IR, and Super Game Boy support. I'm sure they could also figure out something with the Game Boy Printer and the screenshot feature.

It's a good thing that I don't think Nintendo's going to be able to reasonably reset this for Switch 2, because only 3 platforms after this long is appalling.
The sad thing if they do Gameboy, the only title im interested in is Tetris ans because it was pulled from 3DS VC( and didnt bought it dammit... ), it doesnt look good to see it on Switch.
I think this actually has a shot, as Tetris licensing seems to have gotten at least a little more permissive recently.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The rumor is only talking about GB and GBC though, and since GBA is not mentioned, that is specifically why this sucks. Moreover, you act like Nintendo announcing just GB and GBC is something they wouldn't do when it is completely a Nintendo style move lol.

Are you going to tell me "waiting two years for GBA games after isnt bad at all, it'll pass before we know it" next? lol

No, what I'm telling you (and others) is that it's quite a bit premature to treat this rumor as fact and additionally treat it as the only possible announcement about NSO platforms happening soon.

They could just as easily add no platforms. The point is this isn't an announcement, it's a rumor.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Capcom would be willing to allow the GB and GBC Mega Man games on it. It's understandable that they wouldn't include any of the games on the currently available collections, but I don't see them releasing Mega Man Xtreme as part of a collection any time soon (or ever).

I hope they give us the Japan only GBC version of DKL3 rather than the GB version.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
I don't get why Nintendo keep half assing this. Just Add GBA, N64, DS, GC and Print money at gamepass prices

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why people are surprised GBA isn't included. GBC is basically an offshoot of GB, so that's probably the only reason those would come together. GBA would probably be a year or more later.
I really hope we get the Gen 1 Pokemon games before the end of the year with Home connectivity as part of the anniversary. Also hope we get some sort of online link cable functionality for games that supported it.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
After making us wait this long, this better be the best GB emulator ever, with full Link Cable (local and online), IR, and Super Game Boy support. I'm sure they could also figure out something with the Game Boy Printer and the screenshot feature.

It's a good thing that I don't think Nintendo's going to be able to reasonably reset this for Switch 2, because only 3 platforms after this long is appalling.

I think this actually has a shot, as Tetris licensing seems to have gotten at least a little more permissive recently.

Maybe Tetris DX, but the original im really not sure. And i dont want DX! đŸ˜¬

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
I'd imagine the core Pokémon titles are too valuable to TPC to put on NSO, they can have HOME integration though which would be cool

Dec 21, 2020
I suppose this would be the only way to play Metal Gear on a modern Nintendo platform, I'll take what I can get, in disappointment of course

Curious, what are your picks for 10 GB/GBC games for NSO?

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
booooring, at least the lame stuff will be out of the way before nintendo releases GBA and N64 gam-oh who am I kidding

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
Well at least now Metroid 2 will be on the Switch đŸ˜¬

DQ Monsters + DQ1-3 please. (They will not do this lol)

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why people are happy about that?

We'll get a couple good games at first and then we will get two bad games/games no one cares about every month or so.

Even Wii U and 3DS had GBA games...

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
GBA/N64 have 4 player to deal with for online support (and next to nothing to reissue on the N64 front besides around 25 games) while GB/GBC only has 2P games, so this was always the likely pick in my eyes. Now to hope stuff that missed 3DS like solar striker and Ninja gaiden shadow makes it this time around…

There goes all rumors of that super huge NSO revamp using 3D all stars as a base though, huh