TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I can't believe they got Konami to pay to be a part of this when all they are going to show off is a new PES game

BelovedUnpleasantBorderterrier-size_restricted.gif

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
Unless I'm missing something, "featuring content from" is the most we know about the participation from these companies. I wouldn't expect full blown press conferences.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but EEEEEEEEE3333333 is DED! Its never coming back according to some people here and in the games media!

Great stuff. The best thing about it is that we'll be bombarded with gaming news between june 12th and 15th, thats 3-4 days! So much content to be announced during that short ass period brings me joy! My only worry is that i hope they don't charge shit for fans outside of game demos.

EA and Sony were never gonna be part of E3 even if it was physically held so that doesn't change things but Xbox, Nintendo and Ubisoft back in the game means a lot to E3 as an event, Digital or not. EA might even schedule their EA Play event close to E3 like they usually did with E3 used to take place. F*** staggered announcements in a covid year tbh, shit getting pushed to months later, etc.

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
wait, so we officially know that Nintendo will have some sort of "E3-Direct"?
Isn't this pretty BIG considering they past 18 months of communication?

Not really. We know nintendo will attend in some capacity. That could be 2-3 trailers or one gameplay segment for an upcoming title.

Nintendo could throw E3 a bone and have their own thing days/weeks later.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Unless I'm missing something, "featuring content from" is the most we know about the participation from these companies. I wouldn't expect full blown press conferences.

Yeah it could be like here's a little side game or two from Nintendo and then they do they're direct on their own terms.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Square Enix already confirmed a showcase for the summer so thats probably why they won't be in this event.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool!

The rest will definitely do their own stuff, Keighley's Summer Fest won't be empty I'm sure.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
Really excited. I missed the hype cycle before a E3, filled with crazy predictions and theories that we didn't really get last year

Boogolo

Nov 1, 2020
Happy that everything is going to be more compressed even if it's organised by the ESA.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
The funny thing is that last year the Future of Gaming stream ended up (after being postponed) happening on the usual E3 week while everyone else moved away so in a way Sony were the only ones to attend last year and this year they will be one of the few that skips.
Awesome, but wheres sony?
Probably doing their own stream outside of E3, the "Future of Gaming" showcase from June is one of the most viewed gaming showcases in history.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Low key excited for what Konami could bring to the table. Would be cool to be surprised, in a postive way :P

Happy to see E3 return, despite it's warts it does bring something to the table that Keighley does not.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Was there a #saveE3 thing a while ago or was it just my imagination?

Either way, nice to see it happening just for the sake of the gaming holiday season of May (even though it no longer is as was, it still is a nice "tradition" to have).

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not supposed Nintendo is there, isn't NOA's President (Bowser and Reggie before him) on the ESA board with Phil Spencer?

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Will be interesting to see whether they take part, or take part.

If the likes of Nintendo, Microsoft and Ubisoft do full-on E3 conferences it'll be great. If they're watered down events then it'll just add to the feeling that this is just a poor imitation on what once was.

Sad, really. There was something special about the entire industry showing their hand in a single week, and made it easier to benchmark progress and respective line-ups. I do understand the business reasons for wanting your own space to exhibit without needing to be pulled down by competition, though. It's a busy time and it's easy for big things to get lost in the noise.

May 12, 2020
I know some people hate E3, but this is great news. I'm excited about some condensed content. Last year was a mess.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be interesting to see what the hell this really is. I'm excited, but skeptical. I expect Microsoft will do very well, whatever the show seems to be. They're firing on all cylinders right now.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Hmmmm would Capcom reveal Resident Evil "Outrage" at E3 only like 5wks after the release of Village 🤔

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
2021 redeemed.
Last year was a mess can't wait to have all bug events during e3 again.

MS and Nintendo about to go crazy.