Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
It's got an 18 rating and an advisory warning in the UK trailer so… probably!!

View: https://youtu.be/Hq_NGMM2FWE?si=Nk-7kwUrhzGQf_lB

Oh gosh!! This wasn't on my list for 2024 of things I was going to get excited for lol

It likely is if I would guess. Nintendo has weirdly always like horror, even if they don't do a lot with it.
Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil Timed Exclusivity, Fatal Frame on Wii & WiiU. So if anything, this is finally filling in the trend for the Switch.

That's true actually. Switch hasn't really gotten anything like that yet. Damn, this is insanely exciting.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
It is interesting that the bag does change expression

GSIMvFIXwAArBYc

GSIMy-iWkAAI-77

dgamemaster

Detective Mode: On
Jun 29, 2020
This is most definitely Kamaitachi no Yoru Triple (announced in the last Japanese Direct)

If it was that, then that's an insane marketing campaign by Nintendo for a game they aren't even publishing. This feels like Nintendo has more involvement, otherwise they would have also featured it in the US/EU directs as well

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Can't remember the last time Nintendo did an ARG marketing campaign like this for a game (if ever). The fact it's for a game rated M too... 👁️

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
It would be wild if this was a first party thing. Which EPD group would even make something like this

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The only question is if its them just publishing a independent dev's game or thier making it themselves. Would be a huge shift if the latter given i dont think Nintendo themselves proper have ever done anything M rated
This is probably the biggest question now.

A 1st Party Nintendo Developed Horror Game would be a pretty huge deal IMO, as that feels like something where they'd pull out some really unique stops.
It might be why it's getting a very interesting marketing start with all the worldwide Nintendo accounts teasing it.
I feel like personally we wouldn't be getting that if it was just a new Fatal Frame.

Though it is just as likely that it's probably just an exclusive via publishing (which is still cool) that might be from a team built up from some strong horror alumni.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely assuming this is by the Fatal Frame team, definitely has those vibes

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
If it was that, then that's an insane marketing campaign by Nintendo for a game they aren't even publishing. This feels like Nintendo has more involvement, otherwise they would have also featured it in the US/EU directs as well
Not really if they are publishing it in the West. Maybe they just got the ok from the devs to localize it and are just starting the marketing campaign, who knows. This should have been showcased in the last direct as well, even if it's not relates at all, so it's strange to market it this way after all

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Could it be Detective Club? However would they bother with an ARG for that...?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've cracked the code

IBM: HAL as Pixar's Elio : Nintendo's Emio

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
笑み男
Smiling man. That teaser posted by Nintendo of all companies is...curious.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly thought it was Emoio at first glance. Like an Emo Mario.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Intriguing and very un-Nintendo!
Hope it's actually a first party game. Imagine that, a first party horror game from Nintendo. Not soemthing I would've expected.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
yeah, that's pretty unusual marketing from Nintendo. I'm intrigued.

wonder why this wasn't at the last Direct though....

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
If it's first party, it's going to be a small game, something digital only, it's probably something bigger if they are publishers or it's a collaboration with another studio.