• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
[Nov 19, 2019] Press Preview Photos
OP
OP
Marufuku

Marufuku

Feb 27, 2018
Press Preview Photos:

Nintendo TOKYO

zvd7c0h.jpg

e71VMoK.png

Op5LDeT.png

e9AeYOO.png

HD4uhps.png

DLGFpd0.png

oM79HVx.png

OVCUtLD.jpg

LqciKgF.png

YY4Iqyu.png

FORn0xy.png

WOrlQZZ.png

AwF7sPp.png

X3veujk.png

SJfc3Wj.png

u4qRmg8.png

czmvSWC.png

kcJT3fs.png

5olyOz8.png

JkalBTF.png

1u009DP.png

RX5WKwe.jpg

Nq4KyZ5.png

Pokémon Center SHIBUYA

D5GGupE.jpg

yJBOaGA.png

GKSKpzP.png

cXdn70I.jpg

XVMNzJd.png

qCyFLMB.jpg

MQyUI5v.png

SmXUcbo.png

yiMrMA2.png

NDSVJTi.jpg

MHep0Aq.jpg

PyCXRfr.png

MImkUlv.jpg

Source: Twitter, Famitsu, Game Watch Impress

Last edited:

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll check it out after work on Friday as well, and hope to get some neat stuff.
I'm expecting tons of people, so there won't be much left though.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
When did they change the Nintendo WORLD name of the new york store? After or before the universal theme park announcements?

Im glad they are finally expanding, i suppose the universal city walks are next with Nintendo Hollywood and Nintendo Orlando. I hope europe gets them sooner rather than later also. We really need a Nintendo London, Nintendo Paris and Nintendo Madrid.

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
When did they change the Nintendo WORLD name of the new york store? After or before the universal theme park announcements?

Im glad they are finally expanding, i suppose the universal city walks are next with Nintendo Hollywood and Nintendo Orlando. I hope europe gets them sooner rather than later also. We really need a Nintendo London, Nintendo Paris and Nintendo Madrid.

In February 2016 they changed it to Nintendo New York

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
The window vinyl with the all the characters is probably my favourite touch. Its so Disney like it makes me excited for them expanding as an entertainment brand.
The toads rolling the red carpet for peach is perfect hahaha

In February 2016 they changed it to Nintendo New York
Searching for info about when the nintendo and universal partnership was revealed and yup, it makes sense. Having a store called like that would dilute the brand of the theme park areas.
Also it was still using wii era's blue and whites, so they did the right thing of changing into red.

Oct 25, 2017
Searching for info about when the nintendo and universal partnership was revealed and yup, it makes sense. Having a store called like that would dilute the brand of the theme park areas.
Also it was still using wii era's blue and whites, so they did the right thing of changing into red.
Yeah it was the right time when they were renovating the entire building.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it was the right time when they were renovating the entire building.
I visited the store in 2011 (various times when we were at New York) and it was amazing. It was just before the release of skyward sowrd and we even saw the guy that is always queueing first, Tryforce hahaha.
I got a super nice Metroid Retro tshirt with the Nintendo WORLD logo, a Punch Out!! poster that I have framed in my room, a cute pikachu plush and a Nintendo Power (as im an european and that was novel to me).

I hope there one in Orlando when the area opens there becuase thats probably the next time im going to america. I really want something with the new branding.

[Nov 19, 2019] Reuters News Article
OP
OP
Marufuku

Marufuku

Feb 27, 2018
Reuters - Mario Shopping Kart: Nintendo unveils Tokyo store to lure casual gamers

The Nintendo Tokyo store in the fashion-focused Parco department store marks the latest move into the mainstream for Japan's gamer culture and gives Nintendo a key location to attract more casual fans.

The Kyoto-based company will look at how the store performs before considering further openings, a spokesman said.

"Nintendo is a company that thinks over a very long time-horizon," said Hirokazu Hamamura, head of game magazine publisher Famitsu Group.

The Kyoto-based company, which already operates a store in New York, is building on the success of the Pokemon Center retail chain, which will also have space on the 6th floor of the new Parco. That chain is managed by the Pokemon Company, which was set up with investment from gaming companies Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures to help manage the franchise.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017
May 31, 2018
I wonder if any 3ds systems will be available at the store. If so, then I'll purchase one while I'm visiting Tokyo later this year.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
It's sweet, though I don't understand why the official Nintendo stores in both NY & Tokyo doesn't offer people to buy games & systems from there as well.

kdoll08

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo NYC is so lame. The merch is always so low quality and uninspired. They rarely switch things up or put much heart into it. And it's laid out in a way that is so congested.
Yeah I went there for the first time in July and can confirm that I was severely let down. For being the only official Nintendo store it was very disappointing.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's sweet, though I don't understand why the official Nintendo stores in both NY & Tokyo doesn't offer people to buy games & systems from there as well.
Nintendo NY sells games and systems. And as someone who has been there dozens of times, they've had tons of amazing exclusive merch over the years. Not sure what people are talking about in here. Nintendo NY is great... but Nintendo Tokyo is next level as expected . At launch, anyway!

Last edited:

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Nintendo NY sells games and systems. And as someone who has been there dozens of times, they've had tons of amazing exclusive merch over the years. Not sure what people are talking about in here. Nintendo NY is great... but Nintendo Tokyo is next level as expected . At launch, anyway!

Oh, OK. I just wish that they would've also done that through online. :)

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, OK. I just wish that they would've also done that through online. :)
NOA just greatly enhanced their e-commerce site and they've been adding more and more merch, including some games and systems. I hope the regional stores give more people a chance at their wares but it's a balancing act. It's not special if it's a click away. Gotta justify those insane real estate costs!

I also think it funny that so few talk about the other two Nintendo stores... Redmond (though limited public access makes the silence on that one more understandable) and Israel! How is the merch in Israel?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It looks really sharp, even better than I expected. I wonder how often they're going to clean that Ring Fit demo station though...

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
It opened today. According to their official Twitter, they stopped handing out entry tickets at 1 PM because it was so crowded. Also the Zelda mug and Splatoon bag sold out, but they said a new stock is coming tomorrow. I wanted to go this weekend but damn it's cold and rainy I don't know if I want a $40 tshirt that badly.

Some pics from twitter:

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Does Taskrabbit work in Japan? Or is there any similar regional app that people use? I want to pay someone to go and buy me some stuff! Happy to throw in extra and pay better-than-market rates!

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Damnnn it seems this store totally destroys the one on New York! Looks really cool hope this is a sign of opening more stores around the world!