Status
Not open for further replies.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Will Nintendo go after videos showing random bluesky screenshots in the middle of other unrelated news? They took down my vid over the psd itself reeeal quick, but they can't possibly track down one of many short news reports within a longer News show if the visuals aren't even official images, no?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it will be the Switch 2 pack in game.
I think it being part of the NSO Expansion Pack for free or a regular purchase (ala MK8 DLC and co. ) makes more sense.
Dont think this is the type of experience with, with focus on online and potential communication that Nintendo would want everyone to have as their first Switch 2/new Nintendo console experience.

Also i think the era of Pack-Ins at launch is over anyways. Unless its something smaller baked into the OS like StreetPass games.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
People are cosplaying all in Dev Core with the Deco custom costumes.

For anyone that needs to raise their social score just head there and hang out and shake hands with everyone

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
an ingame store for essentials like communication and decoration creation, complete with a rotating TODAY ONLY ACT QUICK!!!11 page and prices ranging from 1 buck to like 30+ bucks for ingame currency is a surefire way to instantly make me ignore the game these days.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Only played twenty minutes this morning, didn't do much but I want to play more... Curious about the eventual skin they would apply to the game! Also to the players, don't forget to answer the daily survey :)

Gameflow

Apr 14, 2022
Really interesting to see a more advanced demo/prototype from Nintendo. Looks cute, but I am totally not the target audience at all. Unfortunatelly those playfull sandbox is nothing that can keep me interested enough. But it will definitly reach its audience, when released.

chocobalt

Apr 2, 2018
Palworld blatantly used data mined Pokemon models. There is a difference between stealing and copying (plus the Palworld CEO is a disgusting person).
This is off-topic but there's literally zero evidence of this beyond people looking at them both in Blender and saying "yeah they look similar". The models are not identical, and multiple 3D artists in the industry and in this forum have said that it would be more work to edit an existing model than it would be to create something mostly similar from scratch. There are plenty of reasons to be suspicious of Palworld and Pocketpair, we don't need to make shit up too.

On-topic: I'm concerned about the apparent microtransactions, I was kinda getting the vibe that this would be a NSO+ pack-in and it would be weird imo to have something locked behind a sub wall but also be filled with MTX.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is off-topic but there's literally zero evidence of this beyond people looking at them both in Blender and saying "yeah they look similar". The models are not identical, and multiple 3D artists in the industry and in this forum have said that it would be more work to edit an existing model than it would be to create something mostly similar from scratch. There are plenty of reasons to be suspicious of Palworld and Pocketpair, we don't need to make shit up too.

It took barely any time at for someone to demonstrate you could do simple affine transformations to map them exactly between Pokémon and palworld models.

To suggest affine transformations, anything anyone with a first year computer science/math/physics degree could do in their sleep are difficult is a opinion, for sure. It's the 3d model equivalent of saying if I downloaded a sprite and stretched it by 200% on a axis, and rotated it a bit, is that a new product I made myself (which, you know, obviously not).

chocobalt

Apr 2, 2018
It took barely any time at for someone to demonstrate you could do simple affine transformations to map them exactly between Pokémon and palworld models.

To suggest affine transformations, anything anyone with a first year computer science/math/physics degree could do in their sleep are difficult is a opinion, for sure. It's the 3d model equivalent of saying if I downloaded a sprite and stretched it by 200% on a axis, and rotated it a bit, is that a new product I made myself (which, you know, obviously not).
I'm not going to get into an argument about this. If you have direct and clear evidence that this is what happened, drop it, otherwise we're working with speculation at best.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Don't really understand the hype yet. All you're supposed to do is basically "build up" to place the thing high up, so every world will just be stairs in various ways. No reason to build something cool, then there's a big-ass ingame store with rotating items, premium currency etc, and a hub with mini games.

Maybe I'm missing something essential, but I don't really get the "fun" part, this seems much more than some kind of tech demo/proof of concept to me.

chocobalt

Apr 2, 2018
Don't really understand the hype yet. All you're supposed to do is basically "build up" to place the thing high up, so every world will just be stairs in various ways. No reason to build something cool, then there's a big-ass ingame store with rotating items, premium currency etc, and a hub with mini games.

Maybe I'm missing something essential, but I don't really get the "fun" part, this seems much more than some kind of tech demo/proof of concept to me.
Is there incentive to build anything cool in Minecraft? I think the tools themselves will be the main driving point, rather than the incentive to do so. People like to make stuff and show it off to their friends.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Is there incentive to build anything cool in Minecraft? I think the tools themselves will be the main driving point, rather than the incentive to do so. People like to make stuff and show it off to their friends.
I could counter by asking "would Minecraft have become the thing it did, if the main aim from the start would have been building up to "finish" a world and get rewards", but I guess we can't know the answer either way.

(Also, Minecraft had crafting and such, which doesn't seem to be the case in this one aside from decoration building, which seems to be completely seperated from the world itself)

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I'm convinced this is Nintendo testing servers as this many people at once is amazing.

It's interesting from what I've done so far

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
What do the micro transactions offer?
You buy premium currency in different packs, as usual, then spend it on
- deco packs to build your own decoration, apparently one pack = one decoration, in various "qualities", which likely give you more components for each deco build.
- text signs, which seem to be the speech bubble thingies
- image signs
- display pieces for displaying decoration

also daily rotating packs of decorations of variable "value" aka price.

image.png

bafkreie446n76vphqupzd3sgwcuiq3n6bdcqvkzh36qdbyqwgwejl74rbe@jpeg

decorations, from what we know, seem to be either character decorations like hats or heads or costumes, not sure if the disco ball is a hat or placeable in the world (or anything else, e.g. something for the hub).

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
- deco packs to build your own decoration, apparently one pack = one decoration, in various "qualities", which likely give you more components for each deco build.
- image signs

image.png

decorations, from what we know, seem to be either character decorations like hats or heads or costumes, not sure if the disco ball is a hat or placeable in the world (or anything else, e.g. something for the hub).
is there actual microtransactions or is it all in game currency?

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
- image signs

image.png

Just to clear things up. The currency is only for user created/modifiable items (at least from this playtest). There's regular non-currency items provided by playing.

Deco packs are fully customizable (shape, color, x, y, z measuring/position, etc.), Deco Packs 1-3 are just different levels and is based on the amount of objects/body parts you can edit for each level. Lower Deco level = less body parts/objects on a custom costume you can modify.

Last edited:

misery mired

Apr 2, 2022
Reminder Hidden content is nonsense and just ends up spamming threads
seriously. trying to sift through this thread for worthwhile discussion is an absolutely miserable experience. there should at least be a rule that you have to contribute something of value in your post, even if your primary reason for posting is just to see whatever the hidden content is

Actual microtransactions. No prices yet, but assuming the 200 pack is ,99 as usual and you can calculate from there.

da830016-b0f8-4b15-9d98-605211381f3d.png
oh boy. this i don't like at all. i don't think nintendo has ever had a (non-mobile) game with bullshit in-game currency that you had to buy with actual real money. really hope this doesn't portend a willingness to shift in that direction for their software going forward

also, i asked earlier in this thread but didn't get a response... is there an actual name for this thing, or is it really just called "nintendo switch online playtest program"? like, what does the switch menu icon call it?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
seriously. trying to sift through this thread for worthwhile discussion is an absolutely miserable experience. there should at least be a rule that you have to contribute something of value in your post, even if your primary reason for posting is just to see whatever the hidden content is

oh boy. this i don't like at all. i don't think nintendo has ever had a (non-mobile) game with bullshit in-game currency that you had to buy with actual real money. really hope this doesn't portend a willingness to shift in that direction for their software going forward

also, i asked earlier in this thread but didn't get a response... is there an actual name for this thing, or is it really just called "nintendo switch online playtest program"? like, what does the switch menu icon call it?
Didn't Rusty's Real Deal on 3ds have something like this?

misery mired

Apr 2, 2022
Didn't Rusty's Real Deal on 3ds have something like this?
right, but you were spending a finite amount of money to buy actual minigames, making it far more like paid dlc. maybe it's too early to tell, but the implication here seems suggests the game may have in-game currency you can presumably spend an unlimited amount of real-world money on to buy whatever junky items they want to throw in the store. but maybe this is a total misread of the situation

Only a datamined name, which is "Rockstock"
hell yeah. rockstock it is

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
right, but you were spending a finite amount of money to buy actual minigames, making it far more like paid dlc. maybe it's too early to tell, but the implication here seems suggests the game may have in-game currency you can presumably spend an unlimited amount of real-world money on to buy whatever junky items they want to throw in the store. but maybe this is a total misread of the situation
The currency is only for user created items, everything else so far is received by playing the game

Last edited:

Vaenyr

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 16, 2019

On-topic: I'm concerned about the apparent microtransactions, I was kinda getting the vibe that this would be a NSO+ pack-in and it would be weird imo to have something locked behind a sub wall but also be filled with MTX.
The model for Primarina was stolen. It's so insane to me that people are still trying to muddy the waters to defend Palworld. You are allowed to like the game, but they literally stole assets, objectively so. This isn't up for debate, it's a fact. Also, not the thread for this discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.