PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
OLED makes some of these games look so Gorgeous. The image quality for Slay the Spire, Hades, and Dread… to die for

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
My Best Buy order got changed to "delayed" last night and I still have no further updates and absolutely no idea when I'll actually be able to get it... This is infuriating... >_<

The worst thing is the fact that I probably could have managed to get one from another store yesterday had I known Best Buy would fuck me over like this, and I've never had this issue with a pre-order from them before so of course I didn't expect this to happen, but now I'm stuck waiting for this order with no idea of how soon I might actually get it...

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Now y'all know why many of us gush over the LG OLED tvs so much. OLED is just amazing for gaming. Too bad Switch doesn't do HDR. That's where OLED really shines.

HommePomme

Oct 30, 2017
My Best Buy order got changed to "delayed" last night and I still have no further updates and absolutely no idea when I'll actually be able to get it... This is infuriating... >_<

The worst thing is the fact that I probably could have managed to get one from another store yesterday had I known Best Buy would fuck me over like this, and I've never had this issue with a pre-order from them before so of course I didn't expect this to happen, but now I'm stuck waiting for this order with no idea of how soon I might actually get it...

Same here. PS5 order from them went so smoothly I thought I was good to go

ForKevdo

Nov 2, 2017
Maaaaaan I was on the fence before but now that there are all these impressions I'm feeling like I want the upgrade! It's gonna be forever before it's easy to pick an OLED up, isn't it?

Mar 3, 2018
Maaaaaan I was on the fence before but now that there are all these impressions I'm feeling like I want the upgrade! It's gonna be forever before it's easy to pick an OLED up, isn't it?

Depends on where you are I guess. Amazon canada had stock until earlier today. Now it says they are sold out, but getting stock on Monday so it lets you buy it still ahead of time. Best Buy also has it in stock here . So as I said, really depends where you are.

bonch00ski

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone that ordered from Walmart that hasn't had any update yet…..

I cancelled my preorder set to deliver tomorrow and it let me cancel which basically means it was not in the process of shipping at all. Don't take the delivery date you see as anything remotely close to being accurate.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone that ordered from Walmart that hasn't had any update yet…..

I cancelled my preorder set to deliver tomorrow and it let me cancel which basically means it was not in the process of shipping at all. Don't take the delivery date you see as anything remotely close to being accurate.
Bummer.

Think I'm going to keep my Walmart order and see how it shakes out. I still have a more than functional launch Switch, so I was more 'upgrading' due to FOMO, and the $50 off makes this 'upgrade' easier to swallow, but any chance I get to easily pick one up, I'll do so and cancel my order.

I did speak to a rep earlier to inquire about my order and she seemed very open to the idea of me canceling my order, and even suggested I do so numerous times. So there's that..

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bummer.

Think I'm going to keep my Walmart order and see how it shakes out. I still have a more than functional launch Switch, so I was more 'upgrading' due to FOMO, and the $50 off makes this 'upgrade' easier to swallow, but any chance I get to easily pick one up, I'll do so and cancel my order.

I did speak to a rep earlier to inquire about my order and she seemed very open to the idea of me canceling my order, and even suggested I do so numerous times. So there's that..

Looking at the whole Walmart mess, it's starting to feel that unless they got lucky and got that $50 discount, they should start looking elsewhere for an OLED Switch if they haven't already...

joshlpaige

Feb 10, 2018
might wanna give them a call gamestop seemed to really mess up there shipping they have sent me a replacement cause they have no idea why my original didnt ship out

based on your recommendation, I called a few times. Each rep told me that they had to go through a tier 2 manager to get anything done, so they all just submitted tickets. They basically said they couldn't do anything until that manager talked to FedEx. It's annoying, but I feel like they'll get me one eventually.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the whole Walmart mess, it's starting to feel that unless they got lucky and got that $50 discount, they should start looking elsewhere for an OLED Switch if they haven't already...
Yeah, the only reason I'm sitting still on it is because I got the discount....

This and my sound bar order from Amazon still have no updates, but Amazon did add what I think was the orig delivery of Oct 9 -14. I thought something was weird when it said it was local Sept 25..even tho I had other deliveries from Amazon come way sooner before.

Metroid Dread did come on time so there's that....that came from Amazon.

topplehat

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
Hey Walmart preorder crew - I contacted Walmart for me order that was supposed to be delivered today and they said:

Thank you for your patience. I can see that your order is processing and we will ship it as soon as possible. The estimated delivery date for the order is 10/14/2021 05:00 PM CDT. At this challenging time, orders may show in Processing or Preparing status for longer than usual.

They also offered me a 5% discount on the item (in addition to the $50 off I already received) - worked out to about $17.45 refunded.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Getting mine from Amazon.Es on Tuesday! Can't wait to try out Metroid Dread in handheld mode, currently playing the game on my CX and looks absolutely amazing, only issue is the 900p resolution

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Walmart preorder crew - I contacted Walmart for me order that was supposed to be delivered today and they said:

They also offered me a 5% discount on the item (in addition to the $50 off I already received) - worked out to about $17.45 refunded.

That discount is a blessing and a curse lol

FairFight

Oct 27, 2017
Chandler, AZ
No change for me. my Best Buy in store pickup which I thought would be quicker than delivery is nowhere to be found. All I've been told is there's a delay. Last email was 3 days ago.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting on the Nintendo Store to ship mine. Given, I ordered it Friday morning so I wasn't expecting it to get any movement over the weekend, but hoping it goes out on Monday in hopes to arrive mid-week.

Caladbolg

Jun 19, 2019
I'm still waiting on the Nintendo Store to ship mine. Given, I ordered it Friday morning so I wasn't expecting it to get any movement over the weekend, but hoping it goes out on Monday in hopes to arrive mid-week.

I ordered mine from there too Friday morning. Monday is Columbus Day, I just wonder if NoA is closed. Tuesday could be ship out day

walkinfast

Aug 24, 2019
Ordered mine Friday morning from Best Buy with in-store pickup scheduled for Wednesday. I'm not holding my breath on it, though.

Last November I ordered an AC Switch for my wife from Best Buy with in-store pickup scheduled for the following week. The day I was to pick it up arrived and the in-store pickup schedule got pushed back 2 weeks with no email, no nothing..... I ended up just cancelling it and buying from Gamestop that day.

MrPhiliasfrog

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to get one from Amazon friday morning and it''ll be delivered this Monday.

Tbh I wasn't expecting it this soon, but I won't complain though.

stuckpixel

Dec 27, 2017
After reading the last few pages, I feel really lucky. I pre-ordered from Target in late August and my arrival date was always Thursday, August 14th. Lo and behold on Friday, FedEx dropped it off in the early afternoon.

Hope everyone who pre-ordered gets theirs soon! The screen is a really nice upgrade.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017

They told me the same thing. Walmart must have received a very low allocation. I pre-ordered less than a minute after they went live.
Their orders page does a crap job of reflecting real time movement. It will stay on "Arrives today" until you cancel, or they actually ship it.

I'm hoping the unit I ordered gets delivered before the weekend.

SkekesisVR

Jan 2, 2018
I managed to get one from Amazon friday morning and it''ll be delivered this Monday.

Tbh I wasn't expecting it this soon, but I won't complain though.

same got a notification they were in stock Friday and bought it on a whim, now it looks like it'll be here in the morning. Still trying to figure out what to do with my current switch after the transfer

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
same got a notification they were in stock Friday and bought it on a whim, now it looks like it'll be here in the morning. Still trying to figure out what to do with my current switch after the transfer

One option is GameStop, who will take it off your hands for $260 worth of trade credit

topplehat

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
They told me the same thing. Walmart must have received a very low allocation. I pre-ordered less than a minute after they went live.
Their orders page does a crap job of reflecting real time movement. It will stay on "Arrives today" until you cancel, or they actually ship it.

I'm hoping the unit I ordered gets delivered before the weekend.

Yeah same here - also ordered within the first minute. I don't know what their deal is but I haven't heard anyone here have their Walmart preorder delivered yet.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Walmart order here, I now have the delayed, check back for updates message.

Again, the PS5 pre order that came on time still has the same message, lol. Only difference is I dont have tracking info for the Switch yet. I guess checking my bank to see when they finally charge my card will let me know first.

DSN2K

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
arrived early from Amazon UK, I ordered on the 8th.

abCzi2C.jpg

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
I'm the go to guy for getting systems for my friends since I have better luck preordering while working from home. Not a scalper!

I have orders from Amazon and best buy and Target that I received over the weekend already.
Have two Walmart orders for friends that are in the same "order placed" limbo that everyone else has. When I talked to CS, they assured me it wouldn't be cancelled, but who knows when they'll ship. They didn't offer anything for my trouble though.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Do we expect these to restock often?

Likely more often than PS5 and Series X, but probably still somewhat difficult through the holidays just due to early adopter demand. Nintendo already has the internals of this hardware years into production but they might be supply constrained on the new OLED screens.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017

Damn they just gave it to you, I asked them for an update and they just told me to check back after 2 days

Maybe I should ask them for a discount?

topplehat

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
Damn they just gave it to you, I asked them for an update and they just told me to check back after 2 days

Maybe I should ask them for a discount?

I'm not really sure how it works - I wasn't fishing for a discount or anything, just after they mentioned a new expected date of 10/14 I said "wow that's quite a delay" and they offered the discount.

Oct 27, 2017
Walmart order shows delayed and check back later. I am keeping the order just in case it does get shipped finally. At approx $50 cheaper, why not? Worse thing it never ships and cancels.

alucas92

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else from Target still delayed?

My order was planned for delivery Saturday but tracking hasn't updated since Thursday. Now delivery says today but as of now I have little faith

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else from Target still delayed?

My order was planned for delivery Saturday but tracking hasn't updated since Thursday. Now delivery says today but as of now I have little faith
FedEx has been having delivery issues lately...if Target shipped Fed Ex don't be surprised if the delivery date shifts a bit...

Ralts42

Oct 27, 2017
I pre-ordered a switch with Gamestop, and was also faced with the Fed-ex tracking stuck on "awating pickup from carrier." Called gamestop this weekened a few times and got no where besides an apology and "keep waiting, it will ship eventually."

I called again about it this morning and was offered a replacement with overnight shipping as they still had stock left over. If you are stuck in the same situation, definitely keep calling untill someone helps you out.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
I pre-ordered a switch with Gamestop, and was also faced with the Fed-ex tracking stuck on "awating pickup from carrier." Called gamestop this weekened a few times and got no where besides an apology and "keep waiting, it will ship eventually."

I called again about it this morning and was offered a replacement with overnight shipping as they still had stock left over. If you are stuck in the same situation, definitely keep calling untill someone helps you out.
FedEx across the board is having shipping issues.

joshlpaige

Feb 10, 2018

Same issue here. The rep told me they're shipping out another one as soon as it is available.