• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which colour Nintendo Switch Lite is your favourite?

• Grey

Votes: 790 20.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 886 22.4%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 1,417 35.9%
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield Edition

Votes: 857 21.7%

• Total voters

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would've liked the option for TV play, even though I'd be unlikely to use it. A dock and joycons would run $100+, so it's not like Nintendo would be defeating any reason to get the full-fat Switch with such a feature.

nope, the CPU isn't gonna be as powerful as a pro, just more power-efficient

The Lite almost certainly users the same physical chip as what's going in the "Pro", just with a software/firmware clockspeed cap (to prevent overheating and excessive battery drain).

I still think it's likely that the "Pro" will be close to a stealth replacement for the regular Switch, with minimal external visual differences.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I like how some people keep bringing up Labo and 1-2-Switch as if those games were some massive loss lol.

Anyways, I really wish they still would've found a way to squeeze in TV output. Like, they can sell a dock separately or let existing owners use their own dock (if it fits).

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
If you've got a pair of joycons you can use the Switch Lite in tabletop mode, so it would be nice to have a stand built in.

That said the one on the Switch sucks and I've just been using a Hori one that's adjustable and 10x more stable.
I... I didn't say the thing you said I said? I didn't ask the point of a kickstand???

Jan 9, 2018
So quick question for those who own multiple Switches...do the games save on the system, the profile, the SD card, or on the game card itself? My wife and I will likely be using both consoles concurrently for our Pokemon playthroughs, so it'd be nice to know what would need to be done so we can play our games when switching between systems.
You can save on the system and in the sd card. Diferent saves for different profiles, If you have switch online you can also save on the cloud

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Relative to the current Switch. $100 off for no TV mode, no IR support, certain games not supported isn't enough. The consumer that only plays in handheld mode and assigns zero value to TV play only exists on Internet forums.

Changing the entire value proposition of the Switch - play at home or on the go - so as to offer a slight price cut doesn't make sense to me.

If you truly believe this, prepare to be shocked.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I like it! I already have a Switch, so I'm not 100% sure where I'm at on getting one (still get TONS of mileage out of my Vita when I want to bring something with me). Not gonna' lie, I was hoping it could have been a touch smaller than even this, but now that it's in front of me, I do somewhat feel that was an unrealistic expectation.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Was this out of nowhere or was the reveal previously announced? So exciting, watching the trailer now!

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
This is almost exactly as everyone speculated. Interesting the battery life is only slightly longer than OG Swtich so it likely has a smaller battery and runs cooler.

Would like to see a teardown to see if they kept the fan and heatsink.assembly.

I noticed the vents are in the middle of the unit on the Litre.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I know WHY they make them look like kids toys, but I wish I knew why they make them look like kids toys... The feature set would be fine for me, but they look like Fischer Price horseshit and I wouldn't ever want to be seen using one, so no dice. I'll wait and see if Switch 2.0 is more compelling

MXT

Banned
May 13, 2019
Well, that's simply not true.

The Lite is going to sell an incredible number of units. It not being for you is fine, but no one needs to worry about its future in the market.

The number of people that assign zero value to on TV play is a tiny number. I suspect the system will sell well, but I expect satisfaction numbers to be lower than those of the Switch.

Oct 26, 2017
Relative to the current Switch. $100 off for no TV mode, no IR support, certain games not supported isn't enough. The consumer that only plays in handheld mode and assigns zero value to TV play only exists on Internet forums.

Changing the entire value proposition of the Switch - play at home or on the go - so as to offer a slight price cut doesn't make sense to me.
A $100 difference will be more than worth it for the overwhelming majority of folk who go for this over the original model. That's a more than fair trade for not being able to play on the TV, which is really the only significant trade off you listed there, seeing as I recall only LABO making use of the IR support and needing detachable joycons to be able to be played. If Nintendo's last survey or whatever is to be believed, people played docked, handheld, and hybrid in nearly equal measures so there's obviously a market for those who wanted a cheaper portable-only model.

It does when you realize that this is intended for folk who aren't too fussed with the ability to dock and just want a nice good portable at a good price

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I know my Fiancée wants a Switch (we play Mario Kart 8 against each other on my TV every weekend that we have off), but besides that, she never uses the TV to play my Switch when I am gone, so I know this would be perfect for her!

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I guess she wants her own console, and we don't need a second dockable switch for over €100 more.
Like, i constantly leave my games running when in suspend the thing, and i figure she doesn't wanna need to ask for "permission" to quit out of my games.

Ah ok, got it. That makes indeed sense, specially if you use one account anyway.

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
Subway riders who have to use their full-size models will probably go for this without much convincing. Smaller and with better battery life, and no grime will get into the Joy-Cons? That's a good case use for some folks.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Kind of excited for this since the Switch is not portable for me, though I'm curious about whatever catches there might be regarding save backup, having my games on two systems, and other stuff like that. I can leave my Switch in the dock and have this for actual handheld play that makes more sense.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How much internal storage does it have? I can't find any mention of it. I would think bumping it up to 64GBs would be nice but probably beyond what Nintendo would do

CNET:

The Switch Lite has most of the same internal Switch features intact: 32GB of storage, a microSD card slot, same volume button layout, a headphone jack, USB-C for charging (it comes with the same charger that comes with the Switch). The touchscreen has the same resolution, but it's smaller (again, 5.5 inches versus 6.2 inches). It still has Wi-Fi, NFC and can connect to extra controllers. And it should also have better battery life -- roughly 20-30% more, depending on the game. The Switch Lite uses a more efficient processor that enables smaller heat vents on top of the system. Sadly, like the original Switch, it won't connect with Bluetooth audio headsets.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
...huh. Did anyone notice that it still has the two divots on the bottom, on either side of the USB port?

integrated-and-lite.jpg

As far as I'm aware the only purpose of those things was to enable the docking pins to fit into the Switch. If this can't dock why are those still there?

No TV out but you can probably still charge with the original dock.

Oct 26, 2017
I agree, this does not make sense to me. This would have to be $100-$150 for me to even consider it. The original does everything this does and far more. They say they are giving people options but they took many of them away.

There is no kick stand?

It should be $100-$125 or $150 and would have a bigger battery, better and brighter screen(See better in sunlight) and be able to dock(Dock not included).
Lol Posts like this are why I'm glad forum goers have zero say over what happens at Nintendo

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
So it has a smaller formfactor and longer battery life for better portability and a second analog stick, but no docking AT ALL and no detachable joycons? 1 step forward, 2 steps back as usual with Nintendo.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

oh wow, you're really out of touch