• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Nothing in that Nindies Direct interested me. And usually there's at least something that does. Sigh.

Can we just get a general Direct already?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Some interesting games there, but I'm mostly into that... bird-watching card game thing in the highlight reel?

That's my kinda shit.

I've not played it myself, but lots of people I know have raved about Wingspan in its tabletop form. Could be very tempting to pick it up on Switch.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Pretty meh indie world, the ending fell flat.
Most of the indie games in the showreel were more interesting/bigger than the ones throughout the show too. Some nice stuff, but meh overall.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Lots of big, colorful adventure games.
I guess 3 years being out has lead to this which is great imo. I can't wait yo check out the first 3 things they showed, the good life, the bird watching...thing and the Hello Games one.

Overall a great direct for me!

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Spelunky's never coming out on the Switch lol
tenor.gif

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Gungeon, Good Life, and Dicey Dungeons, so I'm good. Plus a handful of stuff that I'll forget about until they start coming out in late 2020.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
We're a far way from the Cuphead/Cadence direct...I'm sure a lot of those games will be good but nothing really stood out to me.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I thought that was fine. I mean, personal tastes and all - the last Indie World had Axiom Verge 2 and Sports Story, which I'm super interested in. Like a lot of people, The Last Campfire definitely has my attention, and I'm sure there'll continue to be plenty of quality indies on Switch.

Bit disappointed there's no Cross Code release date yet.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
+ Eldest Souls
+ Blue Fire

Everything else in this Indie World was unfortunately meh to me. I really enjoyed the last one and there was like 4-5 games I wanted from the previous Indie World Direct so this sucks, but it is what it is. I hope there was something for everyone in this direct :(

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
It has been good.

For disappointed people, what would be a good Nindies or Indie World to compare?

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
Is it me or are Indie games just getting a bit samey?

Always some rando on a quest with a focus on a 'human story'.

Velguarder

Jan 10, 2020
I've not played it myself, but lots of people I know have raved about Wingspan in its tabletop form. Could be very tempting to pick it up on Switch.

Believe the hype. Wingspan is one of the best and most well designed board games I've ever played. I've got over 100 games and I'd easily put it in the top 5.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Also, regarding Silksong, there's both a fat chance Team Cherry isn't ready to show more and that it would be featured not in an Indie World but a general Direct.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
I think most of that stuff looked decent. Nothing I'm super hyped for or anything, but a number of games to keep an eye on.

Oct 26, 2017
Meh overall. The Last Campfire was the impresser of the show (from Sean Murray/Hello Games of all things). Nice to see The Good Life, PixelJunk Eden 2, and especially Sky coming to Switch.

Biggest letdown was the closer being Exit the Gungeon which already exists and was obviously Switch-bound. Should've closed with a Microsoft game like Ori did last year.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
Blue Fire and The Last Campfire caught my interest. A bit weird that they ended on Exit the Gungeon but.... I mean... I'm not going to say no to another Gungeon game.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
biggest waste of my 20 mins in a long long while for me. All the games either looked too artsy with little to take in from them, were card game based (seriously why is this a sudden trend, I'm noticing? STOP), or were on other systems before hand. The big reveal at the end really blew too, since at first I hoped it was some grand scale, cool looking metroidvania, only for it to be another hecking roguelike (we already got a fine one at the start of the month and the eShop is drowning in them as much as they are 2D Pixel platformers).

And while I was like "oh cool this game is launching today, good for fans of that", since I knew Gungeon 1 was big, it's literally a game that was on Apple Arcade for months now so even THAT falls flat as anyone who wanted to play it that badly, would probably have bought it on iOS. Or are still waiting on other systems since it's a switch console exclusive.

Pixeljunk Eden 2 is the big highlight of the show for me, along with Dicey Dungeons but I only knew DD was in the video after it aired since it was in a montage and flew so quickly I thought it was the bird card game they showed off. After last year's showcase revealed Candance and Blaster Master Zero 2, I was hoping for something just as epic to come out of this one but I guess not, since they could have EASILY revealed everything in this video in a twitter thread. Such a shame that even having zero expectations, I end up still bored

Jan 11, 2018
Baldo looked really cool! A few other cool looking games there like The Last Campfire, and a few others I can't remember the names of (I'll have to watch again).

vixlar

Dec 5, 2017
If someone is fan of Slay the spire, I could recommend Dicey Dungeons. Just as fun but shorter sessions.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I watched this without looking at this thread. That was a solid showcase.

Some of you are just miserable

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
how long until people learn that those indie world showcases are not for updates on existing games that we know are already coming and more for unveiling new games and ports being revealed.
Some people acting like really entitled babies here.