• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Meant to make this tbread like yesterday but here it is.
Mario gets enough time in the spotlight, doesn't he? It's always nice when someone else steps in, especially his brother, Luigi. According to a Eurogamer interview with Nintendo's Bill Trinen, female audiences in particular are fond of seeing Luigi as the leading man in a game. Looks like those ladies have some wonderful taste!
He is the ladies man, daisy is old news

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Something something he's taller and more classically handsome.

I've always preferred Luigi for some reason. His cowardice is really endearing.

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Dude is taller, skinnier, and runs faster. Of course Luigi is the more popular brother, oh and Green is better than Red.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So, Nintendo has been forcing us into believing that women prefer Mario because Pauline, Peach and Daisy all fell for him.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Luigi is sexier because Mario can't get over Peach, a very unattractive quality. Luigi also is a working man, cleaning estates for billionaires and climbing up more expensive properties, Mario has been stuck in a dead end job (with terrible hours) as a plumber and gave up too easily on his dream as a doctor.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean

d4dpan5-f17b5dc7-f465-417c-b80e-03880b85b67f.png

Luigi must be doing something right if Princess Daisy is willing to show their relationship via a giant golden statue on a course named after her.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mario is kinda in a relationship with peach. Isn't Luigi a free agent?

Ironically Nintendo is willing to show more actual affection between Luigi and Daisy than Mario and Peach. Daisy calls Luigi "Sweetie" in Mario Power Tenis for instance and the two of them get special animations together in various sports games.

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
Pretty sure he's linked to Daisy. Can't tell me the Mario movie isn't canon.

even if the movie isn't counted, Luigi and Daisy get paired in some of the side games where all the cast shows up. like, in Mario Kart Wii in Daisy Circuit there's a statue of Luigi holding Daisy's hand. not even Mario gets that with Peach anywhere.

Deleted member 671

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Mario, but Luigi is #1. He's scared all the time of the batshit stuff he faces, but HE FUCKING FACES IT ANYWAY. He's not in the limelight, he's the support, and he takes on that thankless role with endless determination. He's terrified to death during Luigi's Mansion, but he busts those ghosts anyway to save his beloved brother. He faces the king of the ghosts in a hell dimension to save his brother. And at the end he sheds tears of joy as he laughs with his brother.

giphy.gif

Luigi is #1 in my heart!

ed636aaf1203aaad8a279574c0db91db.gif

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
even if the movie isn't counted, Luigi and Daisy get paired in some of the side games where all the cast shows up. like, in Mario Kart Wii in Daisy Circuit there's a statue of Luigi holding Daisy's hand. not even Mario gets that with Peach anywhere.
Daisy was originally in a relationship with Mario though, in Super Mario World. She either dropped him because she found out she was just a sidegirl to Peach, or Mario decided that having two girlfriends at once wasn't a good idea.

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
regarding the article, there's some truth to it. a decade ago when my friends and i had mutiplayer parties with various games, one of my friend's girlfriend always picked Luigi because that was her favorite character.
another friend of mine picks Luigi because of the green color since green is her favorite color.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Ironically Nintendo is willing to show more actual affection between Luigi and Daisy than Mario and Peach. Daisy calls Luigi "Sweetie" in Mario Power Tenis for instance and the two of them get special animations together in various sports games.
Pretty sure he's linked to Daisy. Can't tell me the Mario movie isn't canon.
Oh yeah. Guess Luigi is just the better brother.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Luigi's Mansion... For Girls.

Not a girl but I've always liked Luigi better :P